PDA

View Full Version : Where is there hope on this team?

Patler
10-03-2006, 02:13 AM
To answer my own question: Offensive line.

Now don't get me wrong, this is very much a work in progress with a long way to go, but there were a few seams tonight for Morency; and while there was been pressure, they have now gone 99 pass plays without a sack. It will take time, but I have a better feeling about Colledge, Spitz and Moll than I had about Whitticker and Klemm. They should get better over time. At least there seems to be something to work with.

The plays at the end of the game were disappointing, but why did they repeatedly run behind Colledge and Clifton rather than behind Spitz and Tauscher? As of now, I would think that would be the weaker side in short yardage.

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 02:25 AM
I know Philly left out Westbrook, so we don't really know what he might have done, but from the look of it, we held them pretty well in the first half.

We also did well the first coupla quarters against the Aints.

Seems to me, the front 7 on Defense are also promising, and if we could get someone to coach the DBs up, we'd have a decent defense.

But we need to cope with the other teams half-time adjustments.

Kiwon
10-03-2006, 05:58 AM
"Where is there hope on this team?" - Scott Wells.

mmmdk
10-03-2006, 06:16 AM
"Where is there hope on this team?" - Scott Wells.

Did Wells say that??? Man, that hurts.

RashanGary
10-03-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm going to say this draft class and Aaron Rodgers because it's looks like many of them might be really good players.

I'm going to add in that TT is a good draft person and he'll get another high 1st, 2nd and 3rd and he could very well turn that into another really good class.

2 good drafts in a row and hitting on a QB = A good next few years, of course it requires 3 or 4 in a row and them other good personell decisisons to be great but the first step is to lay the base. We've got that started so that is my hope. Spitz, Colledge and Moll are in that as well. I think Moll might be the best of the bunch. The guy is just physically underdeveloped and he plays like an NFL palyer out there. I like him a lot.

Rastak
10-03-2006, 06:52 AM
I thought the Packers line played well on both sides of the ball.

mraynrand
10-03-2006, 07:50 AM
The plays at the end of the game were disappointing, but why did they repeatedly run behind Colledge and Clifton rather than behind Spitz and Tauscher? As of now, I would think that would be the weaker side in short yardage.

I've been tracking this a bit. And while you may be right about short yardage, Colledge has been getting better push than either Spitz or Moll. Also, Clifton looks bad trying to carry out the backside cut-off block, so the idea is to run left. For Goal line plays? Maybe try one pass - even when you're trying to 'make a point.'

Patler
10-03-2006, 08:00 AM

I've been tracking this a bit. And while you may be right about short yardage, Colledge has been getting better push than either Spitz or Moll. Also, Clifton looks bad trying to carry out the backside cut-off block, so the idea is to run left. For Goal line plays? Maybe try one pass - even when you're trying to 'make a point.'

Colledge getting push? Not hardly.. And at the one yard line you don't zone block, typically. It's good old fashioned power against power.

vince
10-03-2006, 08:30 AM
There is hope that Will Blackmon will return soon... and that Ahmad Carroll will get traded to the Texans...

Ballboy
10-03-2006, 08:35 AM
funny thought I had last night...if we get a top pick in the draft, would the Packers pick Brady Quinn from ND?

The funny part is Hawk married his sister.....

mission
10-03-2006, 08:38 AM

Colledge getting push? Not hardly.. And at the one yard line you don't zone block, typically. It's good old fashioned power against power.

Exactly. It's just wedge blocking. Who can get lower and drive their feet. It's football, man against man -- and we got worked.

pbmax
10-03-2006, 08:42 AM
I agree that there seems to be better play from both lines and run D has been OK, certainly an improvement from last year.

Didn't see the end of the game short yardage that some mentioned.

We knew the secondary had problems in coverage last year. Woodson was helping there until he got banged up. And Carroll has now answered my question about playing more nickel.

Linebackers made plays yesterday but also got blown out of plays by simple one on one blocking. Its tough to tell if the tackle other than Pickett is simply getting handled or both Hawk and Barnett cannot get off blocks.