PDA

View Full Version : Time to Look Ahead, not Back!

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 03:56 AM
O.K. we're 1-3 and that seems a little harsh to me. I think we were jipped against the Saints. Still, let's look ahead.

Below is the remaining schedule. What games can we win? All of them, that's why we play the games!

Assuming we get some things "fixed", what games do you predict we will win!

__________________________________________________ _____________________

St. Louis Rams
@ Miami Dolphins
Arizona Cardinals
@ Buffalo Bills
@ Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
@ Seattle Seahawks
New York Jets
@ San Francisco 49ers
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
@ Chicago Bears

__________________________________________________ _____________________

My tip: We lose against the Pats, Jets, the Bears.

We scrape home against the Rams at home, barely. We have the bye to prepare for the Fins, and we are usually good after a bye week. That's why we start a series that includes victories in the dome and in Buffalo.

Seattle at home will be tough, but I think Brett has the Walruss' number.

We win 9 of the final 12 to finish 10-6 and take the Wild Card berth. This is doable, so stop thinking about the Philly loss and focus on the Rams! If Detroit can almost win there, we certainly can!

mmmdk
10-03-2006, 04:41 AM
Is this optimism? No! It's dellusion. I am sincerely sorry for ripping what you suggest, Tarlam, but please just take the Packers for what they are; a rebuilding team. Packers are the youngest team in the NFL. Big deal, I look forward to the game vs the Rams but I do not anticipate a win. I hope for one and I hope some of those young players emerges. Hawk & Jennings are players and the 3 rookie guards do have upside. Apart from that, I don't see any promise. Gado had promise yet I only see Morency as a stop gap player. TT's FA pickups have so far been one disaster after another. Only Pickett is a player plus P Ryan & K Rayner seem to have upside.

This is must do for TT; trade or cut Ahmad Carroll. Benching is acceptable too but won't make Carroll smarter. He's done!

Back on the horse though and hope for the best. Cristl is right about one thing...we have no playmakers on offense or ST to make a real difference versus primium teams like the Eagles. Defense has playmakers but when you've got a whole unit, the secondary, that's the worst in the league (stats prove it too) then it gets hard. Cudos to Hawk & front 4 plus Collins is an ok player with no help from other DBs (or smarts). Collins would star on the Eagles defense though, with injuries and all, think about that for a sec!!!

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 04:45 AM
Michael, I'm O.K. with being ripped. I know being optimistic is easily confused with delusional with this team.

Frankly, I've read several game reports and it's about 4 plays and our secondary that put us outta the game. The rest was O.K. from what I read.

That's why I maintain we can still win, however closely.

mmmdk
10-03-2006, 04:52 AM
I just finished watching the game and it wasn't pretty in the second half. Good thing is that is was actually few players that failed; Carroll, Harris , Manuel, the OL line on those 4 tries with goal to go, Morency, Franks and DD did not play badly but not up to his standard. Where was the SS or LB on those two runs by McNabb on 3rd and 10? That was ugly defense. I remember I suggested, last week, that you spy McNabb. McNabb doesn't run much but he runs for 1st downs. McNabb killed the Packers.

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 04:54 AM
You're still looking back, Michael! :cool:

mmmdk
10-03-2006, 05:37 AM
You're still looking back, Michael! :cool:

I know, I just wanted you to know that I'd seen the game. So now, BEAT THE RAMS.

Pack0514
10-03-2006, 09:23 AM
I said 4-8 the rest of the way.

Wins
St Louis
@ Miami
@ San Francisco
Detroit

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 09:24 AM
You think we can beat Culpuker in his house, but we can't beat Leinart in ours?

That's rich! :lol:

Fosco33
10-03-2006, 09:28 AM
St. Louis Rams W
@ Miami Dolphins W
Arizona Cardinals W
@ Buffalo Bills L
@ Minnesota Vikings L
New England Patriots L
@ Seattle Seahawks L
New York Jets W
@ San Francisco 49ers W
Detroit Lions W
Minnesota Vikings W
@ Chicago Bears L

8-8

Key games now (besides the obvious division games): the next three weeks against average teams; @ Bills and vs. the Jets. We'll need to beat all of these teams in order to have a winning record, IMO.

pbmax
10-03-2006, 09:55 AM
5-7

Wins: Fins, Cards, Jets, Niners, Lions

mmmdk
10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
5-7

Wins: Fins, Cards, Jets, Niners, Lions

noooo, please, we gotta beat the Rams (I'm at Lambeau next sunday). :shock:

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 10:35 AM
If Ahman's back, I think we beat the Rams at home. No slight to Morency, because (minus the fumble) I think he did as good a job as he could last night considering how new he is to the franchise and schemes. But...Ahman makes a world of difference in the backfield.

tyler

Tarlam!
10-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Bump for the poll...

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 01:38 AM
You think we can beat Culpuker in his house, but we can't beat Leinart in ours?

That's rich! :lol:

The ** Rams live in St. Louis Tarlam! :cool:

Pack0514 calls wins over:

** St Louis at Home, @ Miami, @ San Francisco and at Home to Detroit

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 02:41 AM
" Assuming we get some things "fixed", what games do you predict we will win! " Tarlam!"]

Well Tarlam!

We are now down to 2 X " wanna be CB's " ...

in Al Harris (remember he decided he didn't need OTA's) ...

and the soon to say screw it... and get injured Charles Woodson (think of 10 Million dollars and don't forget ...** Ahmad Carroll).

Note to: Ted Thompson:

He had a really lousy game Teddy.. .did that justify cutting a still young player with loads of talent and upside...Oh I see. You say he was too short for YOU.

mmmmm K ! Now I see.

We have the sophomore jinx and S Nick Collins and...

let's not ever forget TT's " wish and a prayer " wanna be S Marquand Manuel.... ( remember Mark Roman?)

So tell me how we win without a secondary.

11 - 4 = 7 ( playa's to defend) sometimes 10 - 4 = 6 on OUR side.

Tricky !!

How many do we win?

The way it is maybe one ..maybe two...maybe three?

Maybe None?

St. Louis Rams NOPE... No secondary with Bulger to Holt and Bruce...can't you see it? Also their "D" isn't exactly ugly and they play with a secondary to give them... 11 players.

@ Miami Dolphins ? * (It's after the Bye but Packers like Harris and Woodson are still...... on Vacation)

Arizona Cardinals We may win here!! Naw too tight to call.

Alot depends on whether or not we decide on a secondary or play with a full side of 11..novel approach Mike and Ted ...whooops..Ted and Mike.

* wins in all three but for NO secondary.

10 or 11 (LOL) - 4 = 6 or 7...but maybe by then... Mike Mccarthy will have that worked out?

then it's... back to 11 - 4 = 7 ( Way to go... Coach McCarthy )

@ Buffalo Bills ( Nobody beats Buffalo Bill on that day - do they? )

@ Minnesota Vikings (definite loss as Kirk Douglas makes a comeback)

New England Patriots (No way Hose...Aaaaa Loss...see Tom Brady)

@ Seattle Seahawks ( SA will be back... Eagles deja vu experience !!)

New York Jets (Evan...they could beat us, so that's a maybe... as someone steps in for Charles Woodson and we have one CB and now it's alot better 11-3 = 8 on "D")

@ San Francisco 49ers ( Who ..... cares by now ?)

Detroit Lions (Why??? Are they still in the NFL ?? Maybe a win against these Kitties... OK we are playing inspired football and win OUR second game of 2006 and Ted Thompson cringssss !!

" Picking seond now...second not first ...what to do ... what to do... second...second..NOT FIRST " TT

Minnesota Vikings ( NOPE... Kirk Douglas adds son Michael to the Team's Roster - Double Trouble...insurmountable odds against us winning this game with those two on the Vikings side )

@ Chicago Bears (hahahahaha... they are now.... DAAAA BEARS !!!!!)

We don't win many... fans, as I sense that Ted is suckering us !! People are still actually fooled into having faith in Ted Thompson and...

Oh Boy Oh Joy !!

5W and 15L now !!

I'm amazed !! :cool:

MadtownPacker
10-04-2006, 03:13 AM
This all depends on how many players on the current roster are left. TT might have the whole practice squad in there by December.