PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Driver.

prsnfoto
10-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Despite all the bad beats by carroll I lay this one on DD, he dropped a TD in the first Quarter and the slant he dropped in the third was going for a score, game would of been 16-10 after that the air went out of the ballon.

mission
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
4-5 drops in the last two games... there's even a different look in his eyes that he's lost his confidence.

vince
10-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Despite all the bad beats by carroll I lay this one on DD, he dropped a TD in the first Quarter and the slant he dropped in the third was going for a score, game would of been 16-10 after that the air went out of the ballon.

Definitely not a stellar DD performance, and those two drops were costly, but he has a history of having great hands. We just have to hope that this trend ends now.

Hopefully, Robinson can 1) stay on the team for most or all of this year, and 2) continue to work his way into the mix. He has the skills to add another dimension... Favre will continue to spread the ball around, and a third playmaker will open things up more for DD and Jennings.

pbmax
10-03-2006, 09:56 AM
We lost by 22 points, didn't score in the second half and the Eagles are still driving against the D in their sleep.

And this can be laid at the feet of one person?

Terry
10-03-2006, 10:19 AM
One thing I really liked about Robinson's play was that he executed the second rule of pass catching perfectly - Catch the ball, being #1; if you can't catch it, make sure no one else catche's it being #2. His ability to turn into a DB on the spot when the pass is going to be intercepted was terrific.

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Man people on this team are having problems. Not just DD. Realistically, he's the only person that Favre can truly rely on and I think he's trying to do too much. DD is a great player and, even though he's had a case of the drops lately, I think he'll bounce back and prove his talent.

The positive spin on this has been the emergence of Jennings as a possible stud down the road. If we could get this offense in synch, the WR corps could be a decent advantage. We probably need one more playmaker--and some consistency from the Tight End position--but I'm impressed about how far Jennings has come in one offseason and 4 games. How are the rest of the higher round WR picks doing this season?

DD is going through a tough spell, but so is the whole team.

tyler

mraynrand
10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Another reason for the drops might just be Brian Dawkins. You really have to be at a game to appreciate what this guy does. Not only does he have all the physical tools, not only can he lay the lumber, but the guy just understands the game. He guesses right almost all the time. He provides the right help in both run and pass support. I'd buy a ticket to a game just to watch him play - all the stuff you can't see pre-snap on TV, or in the early part of a play, this guy does to perfection. Excellent recognition, no false steps. Best safety in the NFL. And it doesn't hurt his performance that receivers have their heads on swivels wondering when he's gonna clobber 'em. Just ask Jennings.

the_idle_threat
10-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Good call on Dawkins. He put on a clinic on how to play safety last night ... I hope our guys were paying attention. He did a great deal to cover for the weaknesses in the Philly secondary with his big hits, which always seemed to be right there when the ball was caught.

KYPack
10-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Another reason for the drops might just be Brian Dawkins. You really have to be at a game to appreciate what this guy does. Not only does he have all the physical tools, not only can he lay the lumber, but the guy just understands the game. He guesses right almost all the time. He provides the right help in both run and pass support. I'd buy a ticket to a game just to watch him play - all the stuff you can't see pre-snap on TV, or in the early part of a play, this guy does to perfection. Excellent recognition, no false steps. Best safety in the NFL. And it doesn't hurt his performance that receivers have their heads on swivels wondering when he's gonna clobber 'em. Just ask Jennings.

You broke the code, Ann.

Dawkins is the dude. One thing I llove about his play is there is no wasted motion.

He breaks down the formation and then stalks to his position. He is decisive and then he disrupts the shit out of the opponents sets and schemes. He is a Leroy Butler clone. When they get Lito back, they will be the top secondary again.

ahaha
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM

He is spectacular and can make an ordianry secondary great. I think safety is becoming more and more important in today's game. Guys like Dawkins, Reed, and Polamao can make a huge difference in the performance of a defense. Pundits thought Buffalo was crazy for selecting Whitner where they did, and now they look brilliant. He's had a real impact on what was a shoddy defense last year. I was hoping, during the draft, that if the Pack didn't take Davis, they would trade down a few spots and pick Huff. If I had my choice between a shut-down corner and a safety like Dawkins, I'd take the safety...hands down.