PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson fears injury is serious

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Wide receiver might have a broken foot

By BOB McGINN and TOM SILVERSTEIN
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com

Posted: Oct. 3, 2006

Philadelphia - Wide receiver Robert Ferguson was on crutches in the Green Bay Packers' locker room late Monday night with a right foot injury that he feared might be a fracture.

Ferguson underwent X-rays at Lincoln Financial Field after being injured as he returned a second-half kickoff in the Packers' 31-9 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

"I hope it's not (broken)," Ferguson said. "But from the looks of it, it is."

The top of Ferguson's foot was swollen extensively.

Meanwhile, tight end Donald Lee suffered a knee injury in the first half and didn't return. Coach Mike McCarthy indicated that he didn't know the seriousness of the injury.

Quarterback Brett Favre also left in the fourth quarter and was replaced by Aaron Rodgers.

"He was just shaken up," McCarthy said. "He got hit in the head and he hit his finger. I don't think it's serious but we'll know more tomorrow."

Three players with injuries were on the inactive list: defensive tackle Kenderick Allen (foot), cornerback Will Blackmon (foot) and running back Ahman Green (hamstrings).

oregonpackfan
10-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Sometimes a sprain has more swelling than a fracture. Hopefully, Ferguson has suffered just a sprain.

Unfortunately, his injury came on a spectacular special teams play. He fought through a blocker to make a great tackle on a kickoff return.

OPF

KYPack
10-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Good.

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, maybe this will put an end to the Ferguson saga. Honestly, a firey and consistent special teams player is relatively easy to find. He doesn't consistently produce on the field and THAT's a problem.

tyler

KYPack
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Well, maybe this will put an end to the Ferguson saga. Honestly, a firey and consistent special teams player is relatively easy to find. He doesn't consistently produce on the field and THAT's a problem.

tyler

You got it. Tyler. His contract pays him to be a WR, the ST work is window dressing.

Seattle just cut their old MLB and he's a ST terror.

I was a Freg supporter for too long. It's much more fun hating the dude.

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM

tyler

You got it. Tyler. His contract pays him to be a WR, the ST work is window dressing.

Seattle just cut their old MLB and he's a ST terror.

I was a Freg supporter for too long. It's much more fun hating the dude.

I can't remember how to spell his name, but I wish the Pack would go after Kavy! He WAS a special teams player and a starting LB before Tatupu stepped up. He could be an upgrade to Ben Taylor (or even the inconsistent and OVERRATED Popp).

tyler

Tony Oday
10-03-2006, 11:09 AM
I say Cut Carrol, Furgie and throw in our DC and secondary coach aswell!

Promote K ROb to starting for the rest of the year

Go on hands and knees and bellies an BEG BEG BEG Bates to come back.

Pistol whip Hunt just for fun...

esoxx
10-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Good.

Classless.

KYPack
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Good.

Classless.

I hear ya.

It's a low blow, but I doubt the guy has anything worse than a sprain.

If it's broke and he's done for the year, well, good.

For the Pack,not for him.

Can't stand the sight of that guy any more.

Guiness
10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Um, depending on the sprain, he could be out longer than if he has a broken bone. Sometimes those soft tissue injuries just don't want to go away.

That's particularly true with groin and 'high ankle' sprains. This is neither, and honestly, I don't know how you could sprain a foot. Ankle yes, foot??? I guess there are ligaments in there, but I don't know how they could get strethched w/o breaking something.

Looking at the other posts, it doesn't seem as though anyone really cares about the severity of this, just wether or not it means he's gone.

packrulz
10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Fergy's a classy guy, he's been supportive and encouraging Jennings, even though he took his job. Fergy also does a lot on special teams that no one but the coaches seem to notice. He's also a good blocker. I guess he has a low threshold for pain but give the guy a break, even Driver drops a pass. I've seen Fergy make some big 3rd down catches.

gbpackfan
10-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm a Fergie supporter. Sorry, but the guy has always been a TEAM FIRST player and never bitched about having to play ST. I hope it is not serious.

Guiness
10-03-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm a Fergie supporter. Sorry, but the guy has always been a TEAM FIRST player and never bitched about having to play ST. I hope it is not serious.

While I agree that he has, for the most part been a team player, he did bitch about ST last year. Made some comment to the effect that he was expending all his energy on ST, and that was one of the reasons he was dinged up and didn't play to potential. This was in a JSO article, IIRC.

As far as pain tolerance, I wouldn't necessarily say its low. He just seems to get genuine injuries pretty frequently. i.e. this current one - you can't honestly expect a receiver to play with a broken foot???

the_idle_threat
10-03-2006, 05:13 PM

I agree. I hope he recovers from his injury soon. What is it this time, a bruised vagina? Again???

BF4MVP
10-03-2006, 05:15 PM

I agree. I hope he recovers from his injury soon. What is it this time, a bruised vagina? Again???
WTF

gbgary
10-03-2006, 07:19 PM
i don't really have a problem with him either. what do you expect from a third or forth wr? he's made plays, given-up the body, and hasn't been a locker room cancer.

Bretsky
10-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Fergy is not a bad guy; he just stinks. He belongs as a #5 WR and special teamer.

The reason he's detested by some is he was drafted above a local player whose jock he's not qualifed to hold and Sherman signed him for about 3x what he is worth.

B

LEWCWA
10-04-2006, 02:05 AM
Well Bret, I am on board finally. The guy just doesn't make plays! He really needs to be cut!

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Good.

GOOD !!

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Good.

I got a dbl post here somehow and I believe that was by "the Grace of GOD" ! Sort of a redemption.

I hope that Fergy isn't seriously injured.

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Guiness says "you can't honestly expect a receiver to play with a broken foot??? "

Yaaa but ...yaaaa but.... he didn't play with a healthy foot.

MadtownPacker
10-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Fergie should have been the one who got dumped. :evil:

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Fergie should have been the one who got dumped. :evil:

He would have been my first choice if another was due to go this week.

It's alot like watching Ted Thompsons version of...

" Ten Little Indians ".

KYPack
10-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Season ending IR for that boy.

We can't carry that sod injured.

We need to replace his ass on ST.

On offense, as he the 3? the 4? the 10?

I REALLY hate the Ferg. He has been such a waste. And we have the sight of Chambers out there playing his butt off. It just makes me smoke.