PDA

View Full Version : Turning Point In The Game--When Carroll Came In For Woodson

oregonpackfan
10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Many football games have a pivotal, or turning point, which ultimately decides the outcome of the game.

The turning point in the Eagles-Packers game occurred when Charles Woodson was injured and Ahmad Carroll came in to fill his posiition. The Eagles immediately and successfully went to Carroll's area of the field. The result was completed pass after completed pass along with a couple of crucial touchdowns.

The Packers' Achillies Heel represented by Ahmad Carroll was particularly evident to announcer and former QB, Joe Theismann. Time and time again, McNabb threw to the receiver covered by Carroll.

A loss is certainly a team effort but the glaring shortcomings of an individual can undermine that team effort.

It may be hasty to cut Carroll right away. Carroll's abysmal performance suggests, however, that this may be his last season with the Packers.

OPF

Lurker64
10-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Meh. He's been a pretty good nickelback, and he had a bad game last night. I think we're being a bit premature.

chewy-bacca
10-03-2006, 10:34 AM
anyone know how bad woodson is hurt? I havent seen much on it

prsnfoto
10-03-2006, 10:53 AM
anyone know how bad woodson is hurt? I havent seen much on it

He came back in and played after he went out but it was to late Carroll had already gave away the farm. What amazes me is he is suppose to be fast?
There are two kinds of corners fast cover guys like AC and slower physical guys like Harris I don't know which is better neither seems to work for this team and coaching scheme.

RashanGary
10-03-2006, 10:56 AM
It sure makes you appreciate that Woodson signing.

WE have real problems at CB. Harris is a step away from not playing in this league and Woodson has maybe one more year before he has to go to safety.

We need at least one legit young starter. Hopefully Blackmon is that guy. If not, it's critical that we draft one soon. I would rather have Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson but the realist in me is looking in teh 6-10 range. I really like a couple of those CB's and DE's. Hopefully we get a shot at a premier defender.

Badgepack
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Move Carroll to safety and demote Manual. At least Carroll has speed and can tackle. He just can't cover anyone down the field.

Tony Oday
10-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Move Carroll to safety and demote Manual. At least Carroll has speed and can tackle. He just can't cover anyone down the field.

not a bad Idea. It is better than mine of just shooting him...

Ballboy
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't mean to piss on your parade, but on the second Greg Lewis TD, Woodson had the coverage on the right side of the field, he ran all the way accross as Woodson left him go.

BF4MVP
10-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Woodson has definitely played better than people have given him credit for..

Once Ahmad "toast" Carroll came in for him, it was really a "you don't know what you got til it's gone" kind of a situation.