PDA

View Full Version : Well.....if nothing else.......

PackerBlues
10-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I won't deny that I was sick of watching Carroll. He definitly showed potential. However, if nothing else........Thompson has managed to get rid of another pick of Shermans. Whatever.
So, now we just have to put up with watching Harris, wondering if he is giving us his all, because he is pissed about his contract.
Then we have woodson. Washed up? I dunno. To me, he does not look like he wants to tackle if there is anyone else in the area who might do it for him......I could be wrong.

I am just thinking that with or without Carroll......our secondary sucks.

gbpackfan
10-03-2006, 08:42 PM
This thread sucks.

PackerBlues
10-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Gee, thanks for your input genius.

J-Rok
10-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I've seen better threads. Like that sweet one by J-Rok. :P

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-03-2006, 10:11 PM
This thread sucks.

That was pretty rude.

Anyways, my view is that TT should have never cut AC. Once Kurt S. left AC got better, and once Kurt S. came back, AC played bad again. He's showed some potential from time to time and he should have never been cut, at least not until someone behind him shows some potential.

PackerBlues
10-04-2006, 08:06 AM
I would have to agree. At the very least, Carroll has had time in this system and may have been better used as backup in case of an injury. I would have thought a nice long benching may have straightened him out a bit. But then again, I also feel that Thompson is tryin his best to wipe out all signs of anything Sherman did for the team to put his stamp on it. Just my opinion though.

MadtownPacker
10-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I am just thinking that with or without Carroll......our secondary sucks.Yup, Al is either saving his good stuff for his next team or he just dont got it anymore and Woodson is playing like he wants the season to end so he can spend all that $$$.

GoPack06
10-04-2006, 08:47 AM
yeah the secondary isnt playing good, but what do you want to do? Should we cut Al Harris, Woodson, Manuel and Collins? There's nothing you can do about it till the end of the year.

We can complain all day about all the mistakes and such, but it just gets boring to start thread after thread of complaining.

MJZiggy
10-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I am just thinking that with or without Carroll......our secondary sucks.Yup, Al is either saving his good stuff for his next team or he just dont got it anymore and Woodson is playing like he wants the season to end so he can spend all that $$$.

Al's not gonna have another team if he keeps saving it up because they'll just assume he's lost it. I saw Woodson give up on a receiver Monday, so I'm hoping the Carroll release wakes him up to the fact that he can't coast here.

ahaha
10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, Woodson is such a selfish lazy player. What the hell was he doing when he ran into the pile near the goaline and stripped Moats of the ball. He could have displayed a little more effort there. And that pass he broke up where he landed hard on his back. He came out for a few plays. What a lazy bastard. He tried to make himself look good by coming back into the game rather than sitting out the rest of the game because of his injury.

mission
10-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, Woodson is such a selfish lazy player. What the hell was he doing when he ran into the pile near the goaline and stripped Moats of the ball. He could have displayed a little more effort there. And that pass he broke up where he landed hard on his back. He came out for a few plays. What a lazy bastard. He tried to make himself look good by coming back into the game rather than sitting out the rest of the game because of his injury.

:lol: :lol:

yeah what a fuckin bum!

esoxx
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Woodson did have a pretty good game Monday night. He's never going to perform up to the 9.9 million or whatever he's making this year though. My main concern with him is will he hold up the entire season with his injury history? Odds say he won't. A scary thought indeed would be Patrick Dendy or Jarrett Bush as your STARTING DB when/if that occurs. Yikes!

vince
10-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Woodson did have a pretty good game Monday night. He's never going to perform up to the 9.9 million or whatever he's making this year though. My main concern with him is will he hold up the entire season with his injury history? Odds say he won't. A scary thought indeed would be Patrick Dendy or Jarrett Bush as your STARTING DB when/if that occurs. Yikes!

Not as scary as Ahmad Carroll, a player who has PROVEN himself inept.

Murphy37
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I dunno, I think this thread is alright. I had no problem with the release of Carrol. But I have to agree that this leaves us even more pathetic in the depth department. But since we were already pathetic, I guess it doesn't matter much. What's Tyrone Williams doing these days? Doug Evans? Buckley?

Partial
10-04-2006, 04:21 PM

Not as scary as Ahmad Carroll, a player who has PROVEN himself inept.

That is very true when you think about it.

Guiness
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM

I agree that he is no longer an elite corner capable of shutting down half the field - which you would expect for $9mil/year.

However, he's not really making that kind of money. He got it this year, because TT wanted to pay it to him. Next year I think his salary is $3.5mil or something, about right for a mid-level corner. Essentially, TT 'pre-paid' for him because of the cap space we had.

BooHoo
10-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I dunno, I think this thread is alright. I had no problem with the release of Carrol. But I have to agree that this leaves us even more pathetic in the depth department. But since we were already pathetic, I guess it doesn't matter much. What's Tyrone Williams doing these days? Doug Evans? Buckley?

I think the thread is fine also. We need somewhere to voice our concerns about the secondary. It is a way of stress release.

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread sucks.

uncalled for.

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2007, 10:35 PM
I won't deny that I was sick of watching Carroll. He definitly showed potential. However, if nothing else........Thompson has managed to get rid of another pick of Shermans. Whatever.
So, now we just have to put up with watching Harris, wondering if he is giving us his all, because he is pissed about his contract.
Then we have woodson. Washed up? I dunno. To me, he does not look like he wants to tackle if there is anyone else in the area who might do it for him......I could be wrong.

I am just thinking that with or without Carroll......our secondary sucks.

Harris and Woodson had good years. Hopefully, our backup corners are better this year. I think they have a chance to be much better.

Deputy Nutz
08-13-2007, 11:30 PM
This thread sucks.

uncalled for.

This must have been in my moderator days, I regret to inform the forum that I was wrong, this thread does kinda sorta suck a little. It sucks even more that Harvey had to bring it up again.

Partial
08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
This thread sucks.

uncalled for.

This must have been in my moderator days, I regret to inform the forum that I was wrong, this thread does kinda sorta suck a little. It sucks even more that Harvey had to bring it up again.

Those were some wild times 8-)

J-Rok
08-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Haha, I don't know what you're talking about. This thread is awesome now--just for the laughs. We weren't big fans of Woodson then, were we?

GBRulz
08-14-2007, 07:42 AM
I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. Harvey, you are confusing me by digging up all these old threads and I'm reading them like "wtf"... :whaa:

Zool
08-14-2007, 07:47 AM
God I love these old threads where player X sucks ass and player Y is better.

Deputy Nutz
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
God I love these old threads where player X sucks ass and player Y is better.

Especially when p;ayer X is Woodson, and player Y is Carroll. What a retarded laugh that is!