PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid report on ESPN

Rastak
10-04-2006, 05:54 AM
From Lenny.....

"Len Pasquarelli reported on The SportsBash that Eagles coach Andy Reid held running back Brian Westbrook and cornerback Lito Sheppard out of Monday night's game against the Packers because he figured Philly could win without them. Westbrook had practiced a good deal in the week leading up to the game and was doing fine despite reports of his swollen knee. "

Wow, that's not a great idea in the NFL to look past teams...I wonder what he was thinking at halftime?

gbpackfan
10-04-2006, 06:39 AM
To tell you the truth, I can't say that I blame him. They have a BIG game against Dallas this week and the Packers are not really playing great ball right now.

All that being said, I doubt Andy Reid was looking past us. It just doesnt sound like him.

KYPack
10-04-2006, 08:05 AM
We shudda signed Andy Reid as our HC those many years back.

He was kinda the 3rd choice, who knew he was the best?

That said, I wudda slagged the Pack for signing him at the time.

"That fat line coach"? Why hire him.

run pMc
10-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Westbrook has been a workhorse for PHI thru the 1st couple of weeks...he's just not a workhorse back, so he started to break down. No Westbrook, no playoffs.
With GB coming to town, I'd have rested him too, and gameplanned to attack a suspect secondary. That's what they did. What PHI didn't count on was Buckhalter fumbling twice inside the 5. They assumed they could get by with him and Moats running the ball.
I don't think it's looking past GB so much as trying to keep guys healthy for the full season.

BooHoo
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
We shudda signed Andy Reid as our HC those many years back.

He was kinda the 3rd choice, who knew he wqas the best.

That said, I wudda slagged the Pack for signing him at the time.

"That fat line coach"? Why hire him.

If only we knew then what we know now!!!!

Joemailman
10-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't buy what ESPN said. Westbrook hasn't practiced yet this week, so I think the injury is reasonably serious.

Murphy37
10-04-2006, 09:17 PM
It did seem weird to me that neither starting back for either team played in the game. I don't think Green would have made too much of a difference, but Westbrook would have torched us.

Packers4Ever
10-04-2006, 09:25 PM
To tell you the truth, I can't say that I blame him. They have a BIG game against Dallas this week and the Packers are not really playing great ball right now.

All that being said, I doubt Andy Reid was looking past us. It just doesnt sound like him.

Ahhh yes, the reunion of TO and his old buddies, the Eagles. :shock:

FritzDontBlitz
10-05-2006, 05:08 AM
I don't buy what ESPN said. Westbrook hasn't practiced yet this week, so I think the injury is reasonably serious.

me either. i just heard this morning that westbrook is questionable for the game vs the cowboys...