PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Coaching on this team is...

Tony Oday
10-04-2006, 09:44 AM
I dont have a word for it...inexperienced? Bad? Terrible? No existent?

We have two plays in the game! Not one TWO! that we only have 10 men on the field! WTF!

Our secondary is a mess. No development at all. Collins is going through a bad sophmore slump and looks lost a lot of the time in coverage.

We have Brady "I try real hard but still suck" Poppigna lined up on a FR^$KING WR named JOE HORN! WTF are you kidding me?! he is what just their number one guy. Good gameplan there next lets have Pickett cover him next time!

Manuel I just have no idea what is wrong with him at all. He looked good last year but it may be he was just being hidden by a solid defense.

Its not all bad in my mind though.

The d-line looks like they are developing very nicely with people stepping up every week. Kamp and KGB are playing solid football and we are getting preasure from Jenkins and Williams up the middle which is a nice change.

Barnett and Hawk are actually taking on blocks it looks like and are hitting some holes. Barnett needs to get a little less cerebral and just hit a hole but hey at least he can cover people.

Poppigna is a nice feel good story that I hope pans out, I dont see it, but hell I didnt see Taucher being good and I was wrong on that one :)

It just seems like the front 4 are doing well. The LBs are looking average about a C student average. the secondary looks GREAT! lol just kidding! they are a weakness that nobody saw coming.

Astonishment
10-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I dont have a word for it...inexperienced? Bad? Terrible? No existent?

All of those seem like they work to me.

ahaha
10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I think the most accurate word would be CONFUSED.

Astonishment
10-04-2006, 12:47 PM
I also think "Incompetent" fits nicely.

gbpackfan
10-04-2006, 12:50 PM
It's pretty brutal. I would HOPE that Sanders and the rest of the D staff is fired at the end of the season. He is not getting anything out of these guys.

MJZiggy
10-04-2006, 12:58 PM
There's always 'abhorrent' if ya wanna get fancy and stuff

Zool
10-04-2006, 01:08 PM
How about caca?

jack's smirking revenge
10-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Offensive.

tyler

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Awesome :wink:

Tony Oday
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
SO I think I hit it on the head here. So do they do the following?

half way through the year it looks like we are going to have a losing season...not saying it will be but if it is after 8 games...do you fire the defensive coaching staff? Or do we wait until next year?

jack's smirking revenge
10-04-2006, 02:22 PM

half way through the year it looks like we are going to have a losing season...not saying it will be but if it is after 8 games...do you fire the defensive coaching staff? Or do we wait until next year?

Well, you have to wait until the end of the season. Then, dump who you can. Personally, I think Winston Moss should stick around. I can't remember who the Dline coach is, but he's doing a good job considering the circumstances.

tyler

Partial
10-04-2006, 02:52 PM

Well, you have to wait until the end of the season. Then, dump who you can. Personally, I think Winston Moss should stick around. I can't remember who the Dline coach is, but he's doing a good job considering the circumstances.

tyler

Robb Nunn and Bob Sanders were last year, they both did good jobs. I am not sure who the second coach is there now, but I agree they're doing a pretty darn good job.