PDA

View Full Version : WHY?????

Mazzin
10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Last night around 9:45 my sister Jamie calls me and tells me, and the family that her son Ty (my nephew) was in the hospital. Of course none of us thought it was as serious as it really was due to her sounding so calm. But this morning at around 3:30 she called crying hystaricly. Ty had passed at around 3:00 in the morning from internal bleeding. What had happened was that Ty was 3 and slept on the bottom bunk, and his sister Jaqlynn who is 6 was sleeping on the top bunk and in the middle of the night somehow the bed slipped crushing Ty's head, he was unconcious....This has been a blow to my life he was so young, yet to even start his life and have it taken away reminds us that tommorrow isn't promised, his funeral is going to be on Saturday. It makes me wonder if there is a god, and if there is how can he be SO FUCKED UP!?!?! I mean my world is upside down, and in shambles :cry: How can such a young innocent young kid pass away? I loved him so much he only lived about an hour away, and was the sweetest kid ever. But I needed SOMEONE to talk to, and its easier online because of my tears, please don't bash me, if you don't have nothing nice to say at a time like this just please don't say anything i just feel better talking about it....I mean I have lost all faith in there being a god. What is life? Why is it so fragile?

I know there will be people who say I want attention, when all I'm seeking is someone to talk to about the biggest tragedy in my YOUNG life. Thank you all.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/hmmmgoood.jpg
This past halloween, his dad is a dophilns fan

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/puppylove.jpg
Him and his puppy Lacy

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/tyetear.jpg
Ty after he got in trouble!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Mazzin/tyssmile.jpg
He was normally a happy kid. I love him. TY I will ALWAYS MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU BUDDY!

Bretsky
10-04-2006, 07:58 PM
My deepest sympathies Mazzin.

It's hard to explain in words or thought how something like this can occur. I don't know what your view of me is, but if you want to vent, chat, or talk about it...just to release the feelings, feel free to PM me.

Again, my most sincere sympathies.

B

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2006, 08:09 PM
Mazzin am sorry for your loss. :sad:

Your nephew looked like a very cute kid. I hope you do find god during this hard time because it will help you get through this. Stay stong and make sure that you and your sister are there for each other.

Brando19
10-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I know it's hard to understand, but everything happens for a reason...God does things for a reason. I'm so sorry for your loss and will pray for you and your family. Believe he is in heaven.

KYPack
10-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Hang in there Maz.

He looks like a super sweet kid.

My deepest sympathy.

Try to keep an even temperment during this tough time.

KY

BallHawk
10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Mazzin, my deepest sympathies for your lost. It's so horrible to lose them at that age, because their life hasn't even begun to flourish.

I don't know what religion you are, or how strongly your beliefs are. But in the face of tragedy, denouncing God isn't going to get you anywhere. It's my personal belief, that God doesn't control everything. He created the Earth, but the progression of the human race, the human mind, and the laws of physics, aren't in the control of God.

At some points in life, something great happens and you rejoice in God, you're joyous and happy. Yet when something bad happens, you're angry at God and you're confused. It's so hard to get over something like this, and most probably you never get completely get over these things.

But remember the good times with him; the smiles, the laughs, the joy.

There's the famous saying, "Don't remember for how they died, remember for how they lived."

And you should do just that, Ashley. Celebrate the life and celebrate the memories.

My Prayers are with you, your family, and all others this tragedy has affected.

Sincerely,
Josh

MadtownPacker
10-04-2006, 09:34 PM
You have my deepest sympathy Mazzin. I can't imagine losing someone so small. I wish you and your family the strength to get through this time.

jack's smirking revenge
10-04-2006, 09:35 PM
What a tragic loss Mazzin. I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine losing something so precious.

(*insert hug here*)

tyler

GrnBay007
10-04-2006, 09:43 PM
What a sweetheart, those pictures are adorable! You have my sympathy mazzin...hang in there.

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Mazzin my deepest sympathy and pain for you and your Family's terrible and sudden loss of Ty. I feel certain pain for you.

This will be a very difficult time for your Sis Jamie and take wisdom in this.

Try your BEST Dear, to be ALL there and very strong for Jamie, in spite of your OWN grief and pain.

I suggest to you that you can summon up that strength, by praying to GOD. He won't let YOU down Mazzin.

God never gives us more than we can't handle.

At times like this we may question God and feel confusion or anger.

Pray to GOD and express yourself. Get it out, but please end asking for HIS will for you .. HIS strength to lend that to your sister over the next few days and beyond.

Jamie will be in some shock from today through the funeral, hopefully. Give Mazzin.. Jamie and your Family, your warmth as they will need it., as she has to attend to all that accompany's such loss. It will all be a whirl for her from now through the funeral.

Consider this Mazzin:

Your nephew was suddenly taken from YOU and Jamie Yet rejoice in the brief and lovely memories that you shared with Ty. Be grateful for those wonderful yet brief times, as they are what remains with YOU, inside of you. Cherish Ty in those memories.

This is very sad news Mazzin.I just prayed for you and your Familys strength.

Here is something special for YOU Mazzin:

Ty has been entrusted in GOD's gentle care now Mazzin. I asked GOD to be there for YOU and your Family and to please take strength in this fact. That is OUR Faith.

God's GRACE and LOVE for you is eternal. He will give YOU ... all you will need Mazzin, to support your Sister and Family member's through this extremely sudden loss.

Here's a prayer for YOU Mazzin.

Compassionate and loving God, yours is the beauty of childhood and yours is the fullness of years. Comfort Mazzin and her Family in their sorrow; strengthen all of them with hope, and breathe peace into their troubled
hearts.

Assure all Family member's. That the love they had for Ty was not in vain - indeed make it a part of the store of goodness you are even now pouring out upon her in your eternal kingdom.

Help Mazzin to bless you for the gift you gave her in Ty's brief life here, for the joy he gave all who knew him, for the memories
that will abide with them, and for the assurance that Ty lives forever in
the joy and peace of your presence.

Guide Mazzin and her Family and friends through this time of sadness
with the light of your eternal Love and the strength of your compassion -

I ask these simple things in the name of Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

PEACE Mazzin

Mazzin
10-04-2006, 09:50 PM
You guys! Thank you so much, all the sweet messages make me resent myself for being evil towards you all, deep inside we all really care even if we want to say we don't. I was rude to you guys, (dosen't matter who started what) and you guys are still here for me like my little internet family. I can't really talk to anyone in the family about how i feel, because everyone gets all choked up and we can't belive it, when I go up there saturday, its going to be too sad and weird, pulling up and expecting my little buddy to come out and run and give his only Aunt a HUGE HUG, and him not be there, i mean just his presence brought joy to all of us. I mean i feel like a HORRIBLE aunt, i only took him and his sister to the movies and hung out once (disney movie) and babysat them alot, but at times when i was tough on my lil man, i shouldn't have been, now i regret them, he was SOO precious. Thank you all, I'm sorry I'm an ass clown sometimes...i appreciate all of you.

MJZiggy
10-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Talk to who you need to talk to; cry when it comes. Ask why, yell, scream, do whatever you need to do to grieve. Hang tight with your sis and talk about him if you need to even if there will be tears. Only you guys can figure out the right thing to do, but do it together.

It's really easy to blame yourself for what you should or shouldn't have done, but the fact is that the little guy was loved and knew it. Put a picture on your wall and tell everyone who sees it who that cute little kid is. My condolences.

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
so sad. i expect you'll be comfort to your sister.

ahaha
10-04-2006, 10:12 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. I don't believe in God, so I won't try to tell you he'll make everything better. Only time can do that, and leave you with the bittersweet memory of love lost. Take comfort in the fact that this child's life, however brief, mattered. He enriched yours and your family's life.

Kiwon
10-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Mazzin,

I’m sorry for your loss. It is a tragedy. Your nephew looked like a beautiful child. I hope that you will sense God's presence and His love for you and your family during this time.

Is there a God? Of course there is and I think you already know this.

Why did God allow this to happen? That's is a much harder question. Pain and suffering are as much part of life as happiness, joy, and love. When we demand to know “why” we are really asking for justification for things that God allows to take place. We are rarely going to be satisfied with the conclusions we come to at first, however, often times, later on we can see God's goodness and mercy.

Personally, I have a relative that lost the love of his life, his only granddaughter, through a tragic accident and it became the most important event of his life. His life was transformed for the better through this gut-wrenching experience. I have also seen my Korean friend go through a very similar experience and today is a totally different person (in a good sense). Tragedy happens to everyone on one level or the other. The key point is how we respond to it.

Rather than look for answers here and getting everyone's opinions, I think the better approach is to spend time alone with God in prayer and reading His Word. God is more than capable of revealing Himself to you if that's what you really want. Here are two Scriptures for you to consider: Isaiah 55:6-9 and John 3:16.

Mazzin, it’s hard right now, but above all remember this; God knows what it's like to lose a son. In fact, He asked His Son to voluntarily sacrifice His life for us (mankind) so that He could have an eternal relationship with us. Why? - Because of His love for us.

Now here's a truly profound "why" question: Why does God love us so much that at the greatest personal cost to Himself (the sacrifice of His Son) that He would make available to us the most extravagant gifts imaginable (the forgiveness of sins, salvation and the gift of eternal life)? Now that is a profound question that we all should stop and ponder.

I’ll be praying for you and your family over the next several days. I hope that you can find some real comfort and peace very soon.

Noodle
10-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm a religious person, despite being liberal, but I couldn't agree more with MJ's advice (as usual). You have every right to question everything. If I make it to heaven, the first thing I'll ask is why the little ones? I've gone through some things like this, and I've never received a good answer. I keep my faith, as you too will likely do, but there is no good answer.

As other folks have said, I know you'll be there for your sister. It's the best gift you can give your sweet nephew. Be there for his Mommy. That'll make him smile.

Mazzin
10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
I can't sleep guys, I'm just laying up thinking about that lil guy and i can't help but just think angry thoughts, like why would someone so innocent, and not doing anything except sleeping in his own bed be taken from this earth, it just makes me wonder, is life really about just finding your happiness, and living it till you die? No one has to answer, im just venting out, I mean i lay up all night crying, i can't imagen my sister, and her husband.....this is just not a good situation.

SD GB fan
10-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Mazzin I am sorry to hear this and my deepest sympathy goes out for you.

It is always bad to hear this stuff, especially for someone so young. My brother actually passed away over a year ago and he was 3 as well. To this day, they still do not know what caused his initial illness but he apparently died from a bacteria infection inside the hospital. Our family was very sad and pissed. But we are starting to recovery now and I wish you and your family the best as well. My prayers go out to you.

GrnBay007
10-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Sorry for your loss SD GB.

Scott Campbell
10-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Damn, I'm sorry Mazzin.

oregonpackfan
10-05-2006, 01:42 AM
I also express my deepest sympathy for you Mazzin.

In '97, my nephew passed away due to a rare form of blood cancer. As my sister(9 kids in our family) come for a large, exteneded Irish Catholic background, it affected many family members.

Grief counselors observe that the loss of a child is the most painful loss anyone can endure. Be there for your sister now and important dates in the future.

My sister still observes her late son's birthdays and death days. Remember those dates and be with her on those dates. She will appreciate it.

You have already received excellent advice from posters like Woodbuck, Kiwon, MJ. Print out their posts and keep them in a scrapbook. Read them over again and again when you get depressed. I trust it will give you comfort.

Be good to yourself, Mazzin.

Oregonpackfan

the_idle_threat
10-05-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear this Mazz, and I wish you and your family the best.

red
10-05-2006, 05:36 AM
sorry mazz

thats really horrible

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. You'll need to be the rock for your sister.

Zool
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Maz

A loss of this size is unimaginable to anyone who hasnt experienced it. I cant even imagine if I lost someone so close to me and I wish you and your family all the strength in the world to get through this.

My thoughts are with you.

woodbuck27
10-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Mazzin:

When I awoke this AM my first thoughts were for YOU Dear. I am so very sorry for "the Loss" in your Family's Life.

Your sister will have a very difficult time with this and certainly will need all 'the LOVE" you can muster lend "in support for her and your brother in law."

Please be aware... that a loss such as this. Often tears a couple apart ,as they grieve "in seperate ways" and that often has repurcussions that are tragic as they try to deal with the loss of your little buddy Ty.

It's what we offer to today that enables OUR better tomorrows, Mazzin.

Blessings and strength to YOU, Mazzin.

My name is Ed.

Badgepack
10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
My deepest sympathy for you Mazzin.

"I'll send you for a little time
A child of mine, He said,
For you to love the while he lives
And mourn for when he's dead.

It may be forty or fifty years,
Or even two or three
But will you, till I call him back,
Take care of him, for me?

He'll bring his charms to gladden you,
And should his stay be brief,
You'll have his lovely memories
As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay,
Since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.

I've looked this wide world over
In my search for teachers true.
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes
I have selected you.

Now, will you give him all your love,
Nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call
To take him back again."

I fancied that I heard him say,
'Dear Lord thy will be done.'
For all the joy thy child shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run.

We'll shelter him with tenderness,
We'll love him while we may
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.

But should the angels call for him
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes,
And try to understand."

Author Unknown

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Where are services being held. Perhaps we could send some flowers.

Mazzin
10-05-2006, 05:46 PM
that poem, brought me to tears, thank you guys once again for being so great to me, even though i have been a poop head alot of times....they want the service, to be small, and quick, but thank you anyways, ir eally do appreciate everyone that has showed to care, i love you guys for it

Mazzin
10-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I went into work with me today, and hung up a 6x9 picture of Ty, so I could have him with me. Anyways all of my kids made me little letters, of how they all loved ty, and that they are sorry for us...and some of them wrote get well soon (they are 4-5 so they didn't understand) but i took them all and that was VERY touching. Im going to give them all to My sister and brother in law, because their suffering has to be 1000 X's as much as mine and i shouldn't be selfish, it should be all about them.

I've noticed we are all like kids in a way, which is a good thing i think. It's like no matter what even if you hate the person, if something tragic happens you come together, and forget the past, and i can't thank you all enough for that!