PDA

View Full Version : New Movie... with an All Star Cast - " The Departed &qu

woodbuck27
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Leonardo DiCaprio describes his role as an undercover Cop under distress in the new movie, " The Departed ", with an All Star cast incuding Jack Nicholson:

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?g=363EA35A-09C8-4764-82EF-02B09052CC6E,E3B25260-8D55-4454-918F-CCACCE9C06A2,8CB336BE-A676-4297-8ADC-51E9BAAC6BCC&t=c1689&f=37/81&p=ENCAmovies_ENCAinterviews

Yikes, that's a long link. :mrgreen:

This movie should be good.

CaptainKickass
10-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Misspelled name:

It should be:

Leonardo DiCrappio

jack's smirking revenge
10-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Misspelled name:

It should be:

Leonardo DiCrappio

HA! That's what I call him too. My gfriend and I got into a light argument about him the other night. I don't think he's that great of an actor, but because he was "amazing in Titanic", he's one of the best. Please...

I still want to see the movie though. Mark Wahlberg. Matt Damon. Martin Sheen. Ray Winstone. Alec Baldwin. Solid cast all the way through the batting order. (Yes, I know I'm being a bit sexist by not naming a single standout female actress from the movie, but I didn't recognize any--even checked on IMDB to see if I knew any of them).

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Misspelled name:

It should be:

Leonardo DiCrappio

HA! That's what I call him too. My gfriend and I got into a light argument about him the other night. I don't think he's that great of an actor, but because he was "amazing in Titanic", he's one of the best. Please...

I still want to see the movie though. Mark Wahlberg. Matt Damon. Martin Sheen. Ray Winstone. Alec Baldwin. Solid cast all the way through the batting order. (Yes, I know I'm being a bit sexist by not naming a single standout female actress from the movie, but I didn't recognize any--even checked on IMDB to see if I knew any of them).

tyler

I'm surprised that is your opinion, Tyler. He was great in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I honestly thought he was mentally handicapped. (waiting on forthcoming joke)

He picks some interesting roles and directors. Basketball Diaries, Marvin's Room, The Beach, etc. And his cameo in Celebrity was hilarious.

He was great in the Aviator and Catch Me if you Can.

jack's smirking revenge
10-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Misspelled name:

It should be:

Leonardo DiCrappio

tyler

I'm surprised that is your opinion, Tyler. He was great in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I honestly thought he was mentally handicapped. (waiting on forthcoming joke)

He picks some interesting roles and directors. Basketball Diaries, Marvin's Room, The Beach, etc. And his cameo in Celebrity was hilarious.

No, you're totally right that he was great in "What's...". I did like him in that movie. And I thought he was great in "Basketball" and pretty good in "Gangs". But I can't say that I've liked him much since then. I really didn't like his acting in "The Aviator" and, I have to admit, I didn't see "Catch Me..". Throw in "Quick & The Dead" and his cheesy turn in "Man In The Iron Mask" and I think he's been inconsistent. Perhaps I was a bit harsh on him. I think he did his best stuff early in his career.

tyler

Bossman641
10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Not a big fan of Leo, but I'm pumped to see this movie. Only been hearing good things so far.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2006, 12:44 AM
If you can, rent Infernal Affairs. The Departed was taken from this Japanese movie.

Internal Affairs was GREAT.

woodbuck27
10-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Misspelled name:

It should be:

Leonardo DiCrappio

tyler

He'll be fine in this movie too. He sure nailed "the Boston accent".

woodbuck27
10-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Here's the movie's website:

http://thedeparted.warnerbros.com/

woodbuck27
10-06-2006, 02:58 AM
If you can, rent Infernal Affairs. The Departed was taken from this Japanese movie.

Richard Gere right?

If so YES ! That movie was BAD... Man.

The moral of the story:

Desperate Men sometimes do... desperate things.

Gere in the Dining Room Scene with Angelica Houston and dumb Hubby. Excellent ... V. SEXY.

woodbuck27
10-06-2006, 07:45 AM
OK

Just saw / heard "the Reviewer" that does a spot on CANADA AM and he says your going to really like " The Departed ".

He says it certainly appeared to him, that all these fine actors came together for this film, in support of the fact that Martin Scoasese has never garnered an Academy Award for BEST DIRECTOR.

That this film certainly is a strong early bid to secure that.

The reviewer gave this film a high rating and said that it was overall fascinating.

I hope I havn't built this film up and "in fact" your let down by it.

It appears as if " The Departed " is a winner. :mrgreen:

Now for what it's worth he also was impressed with the viewing of...
" The Trailer Park Boys " new movie and rated it ...

get this...3 1/2 Stars WOW !!

His comment:

" You have to see this movie as it's so darn funny ".

Here's a Link to the trailer for their movie " Trailer Park Boys - The Movie ".

These fella's are willd and so ridicuously funny, that they redefine the term... dysfunctional.

This movie is actually set in ..." the Maritimes " in Nova Scotia the Province that neighbors where I call home, Saint John, New Brunswick.

It's certainly not all that way "in the Maritimes " as most of us have more fun. :mrgreen:

This Link plays the trailers for other new releases as well, and will include the trailer for " The Departed " and also look out...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning trailer

Set years before the original movie, this new film reveals the origins of the legendary horror character... Oh Boy, Oh Joy! :shock:

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Movies/MovieTrailers/Hub?g=C780C772-000D-499F-AFDF-DE353B94FAD6

:D Movie Going and have an awesome weekend!!

jack's smirking revenge
10-06-2006, 10:57 AM
An entertaining quote from the review on CNN.com... Thought the Packer Rats would dig its relevance...

In "The Departed," God is notable for His absence -- a clergyman is quickly disparaged as a pederast by Costello -- but there's still a whiff of purgatory about the place. Corruption is endemic. Lies are everywhere. As Scorsese's bitterly funny parting shot makes clear, it's only the rats who keep the whole stinking ship afloat.

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Richard Gere right?

If so YES ! That movie was BAD... Man.

The moral of the story:

Desperate Men sometimes do... desperate things.

Gere in the Dining Room Scene with Angelica Houston and dumb Hubby. Excellent ... V. SEXY.

Dude, I know you are OLD, but pay attention. Internal Affairs was NOT Japanese. Japanese movies have ASIAN actors. That mite be your clue that it isn't the same movie.

I wrote INFERNAL not Internal.