PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

b bulldog
10-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Saturday night on ABC, Adrian Peterson will be playing in primetime as OU plays UT in the Red River rivalry. If Peterson has a big game, he will be the frontrunner along with Troy Smith from OSU. I still think Calvin Johnson is the best player in college football!

BF4MVP
10-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I still think Calvin Johnson is the best player in college football!
Me too. No way the Packers should pass on him if they have the opportunity to draft him, even if they do already have two good receivers...

CyclonePackFan
10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Saturday night on ABC, Adrian Peterson will be playing in primetime as OU plays UT in the Red River rivalry. If Peterson has a big game, he will be the frontrunner along with Troy Smith from OSU. I still think Calvin Johnson is the best player in college football!

FYI, the Red River Shootout is the 2:30 game. If you turn on ABC Saturday Night, you'll probably wind up seeing Nebraska-Iowa State, which is a noble venture in itself, since there's a good chance I'll appear on that broadcast (ABC has a knack for getting me on TV)

On the Peterson note, I'll be watching him in Norman next week, and will post an article with my impressions.

oregonpackfan
10-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Adrian Peterson is certainly the best running back in college ball. I would love to see him become a Packer!

OPF

GoPack06
10-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Only thing i worry about with Calvin Johnson is that he'll turn into a T.O, Randy Moss, Jerry Porter headcase like most really good WR do.

Peterson is sick, but he has had some injury problems.

I like the way we can take WR in second or third rounds. You tend to get less a flashy WR, but one with more common sense.

mission
10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Only thing i worry about with Calvin Johnson is that he'll turn into a T.O, Randy Moss, Jerry Porter headcase like most really good WR do.

Peterson is sick, but he has had some injury problems.

I like the way we can take WR in second or third rounds. You tend to get less a flashy WR, but one with more common sense.

Being in Atlanta, I hear a lot about CJ from people who know him on a personal basis and they have nothing but outstanding things to say about him. He's a standout guy at an academic school who does a ton of community stuff. A guy with a bad, running quarterback who gets thrown the ball a lot less than he should (possibly affecting his draft slot) and there's not a complaint in the world from him.

I want him. He's a BEAST.

b bulldog
10-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Chris Chambers, Steve Smith ect, ect are all excellent WR's and are also very good people.

Noodle
10-05-2006, 10:34 PM
If you saw that ND game, then you're going to have a lot of love for CJ. But I don't know if he's got the kind of speed to be a vertical threat -- I'm not saying he doesn't, I've just never seen any 40 or shuttle run times.

There are a couple of good backs in the SEC that may be worth a look -- the kid from Auburn in particular, Kenny Irons, runs tough and fast. I like him better than Peterson based on what I've seen.

justanotherpackfan
10-06-2006, 10:22 PM

FYI, the Red River Shootout is the 2:30 game. If you turn on ABC Saturday Night, you'll probably wind up seeing Nebraska-Iowa State, which is a noble venture in itself, since there's a good chance I'll appear on that broadcast (ABC has a knack for getting me on TV)

On the Peterson note, I'll be watching him in Norman next week, and will post an article with my impressions.
I'm sorry CyclonePackFan but I'd much rather see the Oregon/Cal game. I'm really hoping they don't make us watch the Nebraska/state game. :sad:

Brando19
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
I find it hard to believe that everyone is overlooking Slaton...the RB of the Mountaineers. Oh well...I'll say I told you so when he's one of the final 3 in the running for the Heisman.

mission
10-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I find it hard to believe that everyone is overlooking Slaton...the RB of the Mountaineers. Oh well...I'll say I told you so when he's one of the final 3 in the running for the Heisman.

Slaton is good but he wont be a final three considering A) he's a sophomore and B) Smith, Johnson, Peterson, Quinn will all get more votes than he will.

:cool:

b bulldog
10-07-2006, 09:28 AM
CJ has a 45" verticle and runs a 4.3/40 which makes him an ideal long ball threat.

red
10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
either one of these 2 guys would be great for us.

we need a big tall fast freak at wr that can go deep, and we also need a stud rb for the next decade

both these guys fit those roles

and yes CJ's 40 time is 4.3 with a 45 inch verticle, that on a guy thats 6'4 and built almost like TO. thats insane. and on espn a couple weeks ago they kept going on and on about what a good person he is, and all the charity work he does. including going to south america to dig latreens for the poor last sumer over his break, and he plans to go back this year

adrian peterson, is the perfect RB, he's big, he's fast, he can go inside or take it around the corner, he can punish, he can dodge. he's everything who could want. he's kind of the combination of reggie bush and lendale white

PackerPro42
10-07-2006, 09:57 AM
His forty time is 4.5 or 4.6.

bbbffl66
10-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Line play determines the outcome of games. Joe Thomas!!!

red
10-07-2006, 11:26 AM
His forty time is 4.5 or 4.6.

who? peterson?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Peterson_(college_football)

Ivan Maisel of ESPN.com mentioned (in his "3 point stance" column) that Adrian Peterson was recently timed in the 40 yard dash with a 4.35 time. His vertical leap is listed as 39.5 inches.[1] His height and weight are currently listed at 6' 2", 218lbs.[2] He has a daughter, born in February 2005, name Ade'ja.

PackerPro42
10-07-2006, 02:13 PM
No Johnson.

red
10-07-2006, 02:34 PM
No Johnson.

they said over and over again on espn during one of his games that he runs a 4.3

theres some sites like this that claim a 4.55

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=32991

and others like this that claim a 4.3

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/wb/xp-84469

this looks like one of those things like jennings, where everybody was just guessing numbers and had no clue what the real numbers were

we'll have to wait for the combine

but he looks pretty damn fast to me, faster then 4.5

Fosco33
10-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Nice TD run by AP.

BallHawk
10-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I'd rather have Johnson than Peterson, easily.

justanotherpackfan
10-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I think we get the freaking Iowa State game. :evil: This sucks, I wanted to see the Oregon game.

justanotherpackfan
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Wow, Iowa State's offense sucks. Can they make this game even a little competitive.

CyclonePackFan
10-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow, Iowa State's offense sucks. Can they make this game even a little competitive.

No. The bad part is, our offense was supposed to be our strength. Meyer was being hailed as the best QB in the Big 12 in a couple of preseason rankings. Honestly, I expected Nebraska to rack up 800 yards of offense on us (again). If you'd have told me they'd be held to under 200 yards passing and 28 points, I'd have shit myself. Our pass D is the worst in the Big 12.

I want to know how a team allows 250 rushing yards at home to a team running the West Coast offense.

Although, I'm sure watching that Oregon-Cal game might have been a little more painful for you.

oregonpackfan
10-08-2006, 12:04 AM
I think we get the freaking Iowa State game. :evil: This sucks, I wanted to see the Oregon game.

Justanotherpackfan,

If you are an Oregon Ducks fan, count your blessings that you did not see the Oregon game!

Cal outplayed the Ducks in virtually every facet of football--running, passing, tackling, quickness, etc.

The Ducks helped them along with 3 interceptions and 1 fumble.

The game was lost in the very first play from scrimmage. Ducks' QB threw an interception from his own 15 yard line. Cal returned it to the 5 and scored a couple of plays later.

It was an embarrasing loss for the Ducks.

OPF

b bulldog
10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I think Peterson is too tall, I like the shorter backs. Taller backs tend to run to straight up take too many hits.

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2006, 09:26 PM
I think Peterson is too tall, I like the shorter backs. Taller backs tend to run to straight up take too many hits.

ya, well, I sure liked the look of Jackson today.

Herron had a nice game, but I get the feeling if the Packers would have had a fast back today they would have stomped the Rams. Swap Herron for Jackson and the PAckers win by 2 touchdowns.

b bulldog
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Jackson is much heavier than Peterson and is very rare in that his ruuning style hasn't gotten him in trouble.

mission
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM

thats what ive been thinking about that pick lately...

i like this michael turner kid who's backing up in san diego... looking really good tonight in LT spells... i think he's going to be a free agent this year and cant see the chargers being able to keep him.

maybe we can grab him, draft CJ, pick a CB in the second and maybe bring in a nate clements. super bowl probably. 16-0.

:oops:

MJZiggy
10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Why can't San Diego keep Turner?

b bulldog
10-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Jackson is now in the 235 range and I think Peterson is around 215-220

Harlan Huckleby
10-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Jackson is now in the 235 range and I think Peterson is around 215-220

trade Morancy & Manuel for JAckson. I suppose that's not realistic. Throw-in Fergy & Henderson.

mission
10-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Why can't San Diego keep Turner?

i think that since hes gonna be a FA and they already have arguably one of the best backs in the league, that the money turner can get in FA will be too much to justify keeping him as a backup.

that's just wishful thinking tho...