PDA

View Full Version : "Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread"

Holofamer
10-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I decided to go ahead and start the official thread for those interested in talking about the 2007 NFL draft. :wink:

If the Packers are "unlucky" enough to get a top 3 pick, they should be in good shape to grab a very good player or have high value to trade down with. I figure, as of today, the top 3 will be... (depending which teams have the top picks)

#1 Brady Quinn

#2 Calvin Johnson

#3 Adrian Peterson

I would personally like to see AD in a Packers uniform most, and if not him, CJ.

Here is a Video of AD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ1xDBT1jM

Here's CJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzubFLkhkao

If we draft a little bit lower, TG (Teddy Ginn) would be great to have for our special teams and WR core. His 2 years of college highlights look better than Reggie's 3 years.

Here's TG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

Brewhaha
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Ted Ginn looks like a deer running on the field :cool:

Packnut
10-05-2006, 12:44 PM
I think the first 2 are a mute point. TT cast the die with Rogers and you can't waste another pick at QB. Drafting WR's this high has'nt been a wise thing to do either. We have to go RB no matter what and I think there will be some real good ones available.

Holofamer
10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
I didn't mean the Packers should draft them in that order, I just meant that's probably the top 3 talents at this point. The biggest need is cornerback by far, but they shouldn't pick one in the 1st unless they trade down. That being said, they should go RB in the 1st, trade the 2nd for a later 2nd and 3rd, grab a CB with the 2nd, go DE with the first 3rd, and WR with the second 3rd.

Here's my favorite draft site to evaluate and talk prospects.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

ahaha
10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
What about defensive guys? The packers clearly need a disruptive D-Lineman or a shut-down corner. Any thread about the draft, especially this early, should have a wide range of potential players the pack could take.

Joemailman
10-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I think the top 3 needs will be CB, RB and OT (assuming Colledge stays at G.) NFL Draft Countdown has Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State going at #14. That sounds about right.

MadtownPacker
10-05-2006, 01:32 PM
All defense all day on the first day. Maybe a RB too.

Holofamer
10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
At RB we're looking at:

Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Kenny Irons
Micheal Bush

CB:

Marcus McCauley
Leon Hall

DE:

Quentin Moses
Gaines Adams
Lamarr Woodley
Victor Abiamiri

WR:

Calvin Johnson
Teddy Ginn
Dwayne Jarrett
Sidney Rice
Jeff Samardzija

Tyrone Bigguns
10-05-2006, 03:44 PM
All defense all day on the first day. Maybe a RB too.

I'm with you MTP. We are just a couple of players away from having a very good defense. One more disruptive lineman and a decent corner. Add more linemen for depth and perhaps a linebacker.

Running backs can be found later in the draft or through free agency.

J-Rok
10-05-2006, 03:58 PM

ex: Garrett Wolfe.

justanotherpackfan
10-05-2006, 04:04 PM

ex: Garrett Wolfe.
You think he'll be around late? I don't. He had 353 yards rushing in his last game.

gbpackfan
10-05-2006, 06:00 PM
If the Packers don't get a top 5 pick (which would give them a chance to draft AP or CJ) then they should trade down. Then, they should draft a DE, CB and RB (not necessarily in that order).

PackerPro42
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
I don't think you cam pass on a talent like AD, if you have the chance to get him.

b bulldog
10-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Calvin Johnson with his size and production on the field is the best player in this draft. 45" vertical and a 4.3/40!!!!!!!!!

b bulldog
10-05-2006, 09:38 PM
My perfect draft would be Calvin Johnson in round one and the now injured Michael Bush in round two.

Noodle
10-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Bulldog, where'd you see the 4.3 40 for CJ? I thought he was a 4.4 to 4.5 guy. And of course, all these times are crap until the combine, where the clock of truth does not lie, or have a quick thumb on the stop watch.

But I'll agree with you on the big point -- CJ looks very, very special every time I see him play.

Freak Out
10-06-2006, 12:28 AM
It seems like CJ just catchs everything thrown at him. Low, high, short, long, held, you name it he can grab it.
An every down back like the Okie would be very nice but......

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2006, 01:15 AM
I don't think you cam pass on a talent like AD, if you have the chance to get him.

Tyrone never passes the crack pipe, but he passes on AD.

Holofamer
10-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Garrett Wolfe is 5'7" and 175 lbs. That's why he won't get drafted until the 3rd round, if not later.

BallHawk
10-06-2006, 06:23 AM
AD-No way

TG- No way

CJ- maybe(I had a dream we drafted him last night)

My pick would be to trade down in the teens and draft Kenny Irons out of Auburn.

Lurker64
10-06-2006, 08:52 AM
How happy are any of these guys going to be to come to Green Bay? I'm afraid of drafting a player high who hates it here and wants to get out as soon as possible. Peterson and CJ being from southern schools probably won't help that case. That's the thing I loved about the Hawk pick, that he apparently loves it in Green Bay so we can probably have him as long as we want to pay him.

MJZiggy
10-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Bart Starr and Brett Favre are from southern schools and they did ok here...as have a LOT of other southern boys. I think the only position where it really matters is P/K

bbbffl66
10-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Personally, I want Joe Thomas. A LT that will protect Rodgers for 10 years is a good thing!

ahaha
10-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Personally, I want Joe Thomas. A LT that will protect Rodgers for 10 years is a good thing!

Thomas hasn't looked that good this year. Plus, if the packers get a top ten pick, how unexciting is it to draft an O-lineman? Blah! We need difference makers in the skill positions, WR, RB, DE, DT, or CB. With our running scheme we can get the smaller agile O-lineman later in the draft.

DannoMac21
10-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I think the first 2 are a mute point. TT cast the die with Rogers and you can't waste another pick at QB. Drafting WR's this high has'nt been a wise thing to do either. We have to go RB no matter what and I think there will be some real good ones available.

How? Larry Fitzgerald?

Partial
10-06-2006, 01:42 PM

Thomas hasn't looked that good this year. Plus, if the packers get a top ten pick, how unexciting is it to draft an O-lineman? Blah! We need difference makers in the skill positions, WR, RB, DE, DT, or CB. With our running scheme we can get the smaller agile O-lineman later in the draft.

I agree with your assessment of Joe Thomas. I'll let you guys know how he looks tomorrow.

I'd be alright wtih an OL in the top 10 if he was gonna be dominant and reshape the offense.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-06-2006, 01:47 PM

How? Larry Fitzgerald?

B. Edwards on Cleveland has also been coming around.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-06-2006, 01:50 PM

I agree with your assessment of Joe Thomas. I'll let you guys know how he looks tomorrow.

I'd be alright wtih an OL in the top 10 if he was gonna be dominant and reshape the offense.

Yes we do need to start thinking about replacing one of are tackles soon, but I would rather take someone in the 2nd and let him develop behind cilffton for a year. In the 1st round I want to see a DE or a WR.

Packnut
10-06-2006, 02:00 PM

How? Larry Fitzgerald?

Obviously, that's the exception rather than the rule. For every 1 who pans out, 5 don't. There are true and tried rules that most NFL teams follow. Traditionally, drafting WR's and LB's in the early 1st round is frowned upon. Hawk is a perfect example. Yes, it's early but he is'nt a force at all. In fact for the most part he's making tackles 5-7 yds off the line of scrimage.

Partial
10-06-2006, 02:47 PM

Yes we do need to start thinking about replacing one of are tackles soon, but I would rather take someone in the 2nd and let him develop behind cilffton for a year. In the 1st round I want to see a DE or a WR.

Why do you want a receiver in the first that develops for a year behind Driver and Jennings instead of a tackle developing behind Clifton?

justanotherpackfan
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM

How? Larry Fitzgerald?

B. Edwards on Cleveland has also been coming around.
You could make the case either way.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-06-2006, 04:58 PM

Why do you want a receiver in the first that develops for a year behind Driver and Jennings instead of a tackle developing behind Clifton?

Actually I said do want to develop a tackle, but just not with a first round pick. And I would either want a big deep target at WR with Calvin Johnson or I want a big fast DE who can rush the passer.

BallHawk
10-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Calvin Johnson is a great college WR. How he will translate to the pros I'm not sure. He could be great, he could be average.

Adrian Peterson will not be a succesful NFL RB. He's called All-Day, but that's college. NFL defenses are going to be conditioned better, and some get better as the game goes on, not worse.

Ted Ginn is exciting to watch, but he is a burner.

Joe Thomas I wouldn't go with for the fact he was injured and he isn't playing to well at this time. I feel really bad that he was injured in the Auburn game playing defense, trying to help the team. I also agree drafting an O-lineman doesn't fill the fans with excitement.

xxmattsharpxx
10-06-2006, 09:48 PM
The RB's have potetnial, but GB shouldn't use their first pick on one...

I love to watch Adrain Peterson play in college, but I just am not sure about him in the pros. The main reason is not that defenses don't wear down in the NFL like in college. The main reason is if you watch an Oklahoma game watch how he lines up in the backfield. He isn't 2 yards back from the QB like a normal I formation, he lines up 4-5 yards back. Oklahoma had tried him in the normal I formation but without his momentum and power he got bottled up too much. Great college RB but I think he will probably be a bust in the NFL.

I also don't see the excitement behind Kenny Irons, I haven't seen as much on this guy just a smattering in the Auburn/LSU and all of the Auburn/South Carolina game. Granted LSU has a good defense but he showed me nothing against SC. He had some good numbers in the SC game that is a given, but who hasn't had good numbers rushing against Spurrier's boys?

Michael Bush could be nice, but with that injury I wouldn't risk it. Then again I don't get paid to make those decisions. :smile:

justanotherpackfan
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
We don't need a running back seeing as how Morency is our back of the future. I'm against taking Johnson too because we already have a pretty good receiving core. I wouldn't be mad if we took him but we need much more help else where especially on defense.

Guiness
10-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I don't know about AP either. He seems to run very upright.

I know he's a great college back. I just don't know how it'll translate to the NFL.

b bulldog
10-07-2006, 12:37 AM
C Johnson has more than been a stud at the college level and should do the same at the next level. He is a good kid, dedicated football player and his measureables are out of this world.

red
10-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Bulldog, where'd you see the 4.3 40 for CJ? I thought he was a 4.4 to 4.5 guy. And of course, all these times are crap until the combine, where the clock of truth does not lie, or have a quick thumb on the stop watch.

But I'll agree with you on the big point -- CJ looks very, very special every time I see him play.

espn, must have said it at least 87 times in the game he played on there a couple weeks ago

red
10-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Garrett Wolfe is 5'7" and 175 lbs. That's why he won't get drafted until the 3rd round, if not later.

right on

jerome harrison by far led the nation in rushing last year against the same pac-10 the bush ran against, unreal talent, but the knock on him was that he was too small (5'9, 199). he didn't get drafted until the middle of the 5th

J-Rok
10-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah, but did he get 2800 rushing yards, which Wolfe is threatening to do.

I think Wolfe'll be a lower 2 or high 3, but it's just crazy to think someone with those numbers won't be a first rounder. Really too bad the guy's so small.

red
10-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah, but did he get 2800 rushing yards, which Wolfe is threatening to do.

I think Wolfe'll be a lower 2 or high 3, but it's just crazy to think someone with those numbers won't be a first rounder. Really too bad the guy's so small.

he's not going to flirt with 3,000 yards, i doubt he'll have too many more 350 yard games like his last one

harrison ran for 1900 last year, very few college runners have gotten there, and he still didn't go until the middle of the 5th

wolfe might go over 2000, but if harrison almost did it, while being 25 pounds heavier and 2 inches taller, and still slipped to the 5th, then i don't see wolfe going very high, no matter what kind of numbers he puts up

small players get no respect, and small players from non major schools get even less

BF4MVP
10-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Calvin had 10 catches 133 yards and a touchdown today..

35 catches 559 yards and 8 TD ( :shock: ) for the season...And that's with a terrible QB (no offense Reggie Ball)

I don't think there's any question that Calvin is the best player in college football...

Tarlam!
10-08-2006, 02:49 AM
I think if we pick top 5 again, TT will trade out unless there is a monster to be had that is not a QB. I simply cannot see TT picking another QB.

Are there any like Mario Williams in the coming class?

BallHawk
10-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Are there any like Mario Williams in the coming class?

There is a very talanted and speedy DE coming out of Georgia, Quentin Moses. 6'5, 257, 4.70

Tarlam!
10-08-2006, 08:03 AM
[quote="BallHawkThere is a very talanted and speedy DE coming out of Georgia, Quentin Moses. 6'5, 257, 4.70[/quote]

Thanks BallHawk. Why is my alter ego so pissed at you on the dragons thread?

BTW, I looked up the guy:

Quentin Moses DE 6'5 257 Georgia
By: Robert Davis
Quentin Moses toyed with the idea of being a two sport athlete originally. After spending time with the basketball team as a freshman, he realized his future was on the gridiron. As a redshirt freshman in 2003, Moses racked up 37 tackles, 4.5 for loss, and 2.5 sacks, earning All SEC Freshman honors. He became more of a playmaker as a sophomore, going for 7.5 tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks, to go along with 23 tackles. As many players do, Moses broke out as a junior. He posted career highs with 44 tackles, 20.5 for loss, and 11.5 sacks.

Pound for pound, Moses is one of the elite athletes in the draft. He has fantastic agility, quickness, and speed on the football field. He has the athletic talent to be a true standout off the edge in the NFL. He is not just an athlete though. He has a great burst off the snap, and once he gets a step on the tackle, is in the backfield to bring down the ball carrier. Moses shows the ability to get after the passer, but has the awareness to see the run play and get to the back.

As with most ‘tweeners,’ Moses lacks the bulk to be effective in running situations. He can be driven off the ball because of his long and lanky frame. He will need to bulk up to be more of an all around threat, and to be on the field as much as possible.

Quentin Moses will go head to head with Gaines Adams all year long as the top defensive end in the draft. Both bring big play ability to the table, and it’s going to be a battle all through the season and post season workouts.

Gaines Adams DE 6'5 260 Clemson
By: Robert Davis
After a redshirt year, and a year as a reserve end, Adams began to parlay his immense talent into production. As a sophomore, he finished the year with 35 tackles, eight for loss, and five sacks. He continued to improve, and had an outstanding junior season. On the year, Adams had 56 tackles, 15 for loss, and 9.5 sacks.

Gaines Adams has big time pass rush potential. He is an excellent athlete, that has excellent speed and agility on the football field. He can explode off the snap and blow right by the tackle to get into the backfield. He does not just rush straight off the edge, he shows the agility to easily adjust his direction as he moves up the field. Adams has an excellent frame that should allow him to add weight at the next level, and not lose any of his quickness.

Adams relies too much on his natural talent. With his lack of great size right now, he can be taken out of the play in running situations. He needs to learn how to get off blocks better, and must bulk up to play on the line at the next level.

Adams enters the year as arguably the top senior defensive end in the country. He has all the talent to keep that title throughout the year and become the first end taken in the draft. For him to improve his stock and live up to his potential at the next level, he will have to refine his game and add more bulk to his frame and strength to his game.

Tarlam!
10-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Neither of them is said to be very good against the run. :sad:

Tarlam!
10-08-2006, 08:07 AM
I know it's pathetic, but I just found a mock draft for 2007. It has us picking 7th and we take the guy BallHawk just mentioned!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

MJZiggy
10-08-2006, 08:09 AM
See, that's funny...

b bulldog
10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
The DE's in this class are all undersized or at least the bluechippers are. The DE from USC(Jackson) probably has the best measureables and is very good but when I watch SC, he doesn't do very much.

b bulldog
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
WR position is average at best. DD is very good but may be slipping, he also gets dinged because of his size and is starting to age. Ferguson is awful and KRob will miss a year minimum and you'd be foolish to count on him as an important part of your O. Jennings looks very good and Martin is just a guy. I do really like CJ although he may not be available when we pick but we do need to pick a WR early inj next years draft.

1.CJ
2. Michael Bush

Holofamer
10-11-2006, 12:42 PM
1. Adrian Peterson
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Marcus McCauley

(order of MY want for 1st round pick) :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
10-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Well I guess you have all been waiting what I, the draft guru has to see about this matter.

First the Packers will most likely finish the season at 6-10, that is just my estimation. I think they will end up draft anywhere between 5th through 15th. The 5th pick being the highest and the 15th pick being the lowest, which most likely would mean that the packers would finish with a .500 record or better.

Adrian Peterson has had a lot of wear and tear on his body already. For the past two years he has missed games because of ankle and shoulder problems. The shoulder he had to have operated on after his freshman season. He is a workman like running back that needs 20+ carrries a game. Simply his body isn't going to be able to hold up especially with the beating and wiork load he has taken on at Oklahoma.

Calvin Johnson is a big target with all the right skills to dominate the college ranks, but I still haven't seen that 4.3 speed that everyone talks about. The one thing that I know he lacks is that burst of the line of scrimmage, that ability to go from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. Quickness is the most important aspect of a quality receiver. He has to demonstrate the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and I really haven't seen that. What I have seen are corners playing 15 yards off of him because they are worried about getting beat deep on a jump ball, he then runs a 10 out or a hitch pattern and is wide open. He does have the ability at the college level to run after the catch and break tackles. The important thing to take into account is the system that he plays in. He is the go to receiver in a pretty bland system, and if he doesn't have the capabilities to comprehend the West Coast offense then there is no point in drafting him. Jennings is not the talent that Johnson is, but he gets the system, and with that he is able to use his skills to the best of his ability. Johnson skills would just be wasted in Green Bay if he wasn't capable of grasping the West Coast philosophies.

The Packers need help at defensive end and at cornerback on defense. They also need talent at wide receiver, and running back. At this point the offensive line is taking shape and the Packers have to be optomistic about their rookie offensive linemen at this point. Tackle will need to be addressed at some point in the 2007 draft but not in the first round, maybe not even until the second day.

Other holes the Packers have are, tight end, back up quarterback, strongside linebacker, depth at safety.

The Packers should have addressed there needs at running back, and tight end in the 2006 draft, especially with the depth at tight end.

justanotherpackfan
10-11-2006, 04:08 PM
First the Packers will most likely finish the season at 6-10, that is just my estimation.
That's being very generous. :shock:

swede
10-11-2006, 04:14 PM
They need to finish 5-6 to go 6 - 10. :shock:

swede
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Okay. It could be done.

Sun., Oct. 22
at Miami Dolphins W

Sun., Oct. 29
Arizona Cardinals W

Sun., Nov. 5
at Buffalo Bills W

Sun., Nov. 12
at Minnesota Vikings L

Sun., Nov. 19
New England Patriots L

Mon., Nov. 27
at Seattle Seahawks L

Sun., Dec. 3
New York Jets L

Sun., Dec. 10
at San Francisco 49ers L

Sun., Dec. 17
Detroit Lions W

Thu., Dec. 21
Minnesota Vikings W

Sun., Dec. 31
at Chicago Bears L

We'll need to play crazy good the next three games to get a chance at respectability. Playoffs are already looking like a non-possibility. And watch out for SF. They're playing really well since they dumped their old offensive coordinator.

Deputy Nutz
10-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Okay. It could be done.

Sun., Oct. 22
at Miami Dolphins W

Sun., Oct. 29
Arizona Cardinals W

Sun., Nov. 5
at Buffalo Bills W

Sun., Nov. 12
at Minnesota Vikings L

Sun., Nov. 19
New England Patriots L

Mon., Nov. 27
at Seattle Seahawks L

Sun., Dec. 3
New York Jets L

Sun., Dec. 10
at San Francisco 49ers L

Sun., Dec. 17
Detroit Lions W

Thu., Dec. 21
Minnesota Vikings W

Sun., Dec. 31
at Chicago Bears L

We'll need to play crazy good the next three games to get a chance at respectability. Playoffs are already looking like a non-possibility. And watch out for SF. They're playing really well since they dumped their old offensive coordinator.

How the hell do you have them losing to the Jets, and the 49ers?

Partial
10-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Well I guess you have all been waiting what I, the draft guru has to see about this matter.

First the Packers will most likely finish the season at 6-10, that is just my estimation. I think they will end up draft anywhere between 5th through 15th. The 5th pick being the highest and the 15th pick being the lowest, which most likely would mean that the packers would finish with a .500 record or better.

Adrian Peterson has had a lot of wear and tear on his body already. For the past two years he has missed games because of ankle and shoulder problems. The shoulder he had to have operated on after his freshman season. He is a workman like running back that needs 20+ carrries a game. Simply his body isn't going to be able to hold up especially with the beating and wiork load he has taken on at Oklahoma.

Calvin Johnson is a big target with all the right skills to dominate the college ranks, but I still haven't seen that 4.3 speed that everyone talks about. The one thing that I know he lacks is that burst of the line of scrimmage, that ability to go from 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. Quickness is the most important aspect of a quality receiver. He has to demonstrate the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and I really haven't seen that. What I have seen are corners playing 15 yards off of him because they are worried about getting beat deep on a jump ball, he then runs a 10 out or a hitch pattern and is wide open. He does have the ability at the college level to run after the catch and break tackles. The important thing to take into account is the system that he plays in. He is the go to receiver in a pretty bland system, and if he doesn't have the capabilities to comprehend the West Coast offense then there is no point in drafting him. Jennings is not the talent that Johnson is, but he gets the system, and with that he is able to use his skills to the best of his ability. Johnson skills would just be wasted in Green Bay if he wasn't capable of grasping the West Coast philosophies.

The Packers need help at defensive end and at cornerback on defense. They also need talent at wide receiver, and running back. At this point the offensive line is taking shape and the Packers have to be optomistic about their rookie offensive linemen at this point. Tackle will need to be addressed at some point in the 2007 draft but not in the first round, maybe not even until the second day.

Other holes the Packers have are, tight end, back up quarterback, strongside linebacker, depth at safety.

The Packers should have addressed there needs at running back, and tight end in the 2006 draft, especially with the depth at tight end.

Nutz Kiper, good post!

Zool
10-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Okay. It could be done.

Sun., Oct. 22
at Miami Dolphins W

Sun., Oct. 29
Arizona Cardinals W

Sun., Nov. 5
at Buffalo Bills W

Sun., Nov. 12
at Minnesota Vikings L

Sun., Nov. 19
New England Patriots L

Mon., Nov. 27
at Seattle Seahawks L

Sun., Dec. 3
New York Jets L

Sun., Dec. 10
at San Francisco 49ers L

Sun., Dec. 17
Detroit Lions W

Thu., Dec. 21
Minnesota Vikings W

Sun., Dec. 31
at Chicago Bears L

How the hell do you have them losing to the Jets, and the 49ers?Also at the rate its going, the Bears should be starting no-one by week 17 so that should be a W. Also we arent going to win at Buffalo. So swap those 2 and put a W next to either the Jets or the 49'ers.

swede
10-12-2006, 07:25 AM
May an unclean holy man defecate in your boxers.

Reading the future is a tricky business. They probably shouldn't beat the Phish, but they wil. They certainly shouldn't lose to the Jets, but they will. The 49ers are not to be taken lightly.

I accept the argument that the Bears will let down aganst the Pack in the final week given the fact that they wil probably have clinched HFA by then. It has some historical merit. But the Bears have ten years of drubbings at the hands of Favre to avenge and Griese and Benson will be adequate subs on the offensive side of the ball.

6 -10 is a possibility.

Zool
10-12-2006, 07:42 AM
I just had a horrible and un-clean thought. If the Bears are 15-0 going into the last game, well lets just say I probably wouldnt watch that game.

ChicagoPackerFan
10-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Since I believe TT will stick with AR as the starting QB in the future, I'd go with high defense picks. Rodgers will be an average NFL QB so you'll need a strong top defense to compensate for the lack of top talent at QB.

Holofamer
10-15-2006, 01:03 AM
I don't understand how people have such a good judgement on Rodgers BEFORE HE HAS EVER STARTED AN NFL GAME. I think the kid can play, but only time will tell. I don't think Quinn would be a big upgrade. Look at Steve Young for crying out loud, what was he thought of before he went to the niners? (I hope you already know)

There are plenty of good RBs and WRs in this draft, why not get the best CB in the draft? (Marcus McCauley IMO)

The kid is far and away the best cover corner, and then we could grab Bush with our 2nd round pick.

I know what most of you have heard, Bush doesn't fit our offense well. Ok, so the guy is a bigger back, before you judge him, go look up his 40 times. He runs them as fast as people 40 pounds lighter. The guy also has hands more proven than Peterson. He has the one-cut style we need, but people keep worrying about his size even tho he has the speed to back it up (think of a faster Dayne). Does nobody else see these qualities?

Tarlam!
10-15-2006, 01:31 AM
I don't understand how people have such a good judgement on Rodgers BEFORE HE HAS EVER STARTED AN NFL GAME. I think the kid can play, but only time will tell.

This is the absolute truth. I am a fan of the kid, due to his outstanding skills in communicating! He is clearly smart. The position he plays is one where being smart is 50% of being successful.

He's a decent athlete. His "suspect" arm is stronger than most of us thought.

With more reps, he can and will improve. Since Brett comes back next season, he has another year to learn!

PackerPro42
10-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Holofamer Wrote

I know what most of you have heard, Bush doesn't fit our offense well. Ok, so the guy is a bigger back, before you judge him, go look up his 40 times. He runs them as fast as people 40 pounds lighter. The guy also has hands more proven than Peterson. He has the north/south style we need, but people keep worrying about his size even tho he has the speed to back it up (think of a faster Dayne). Does nobody else see these qualities?

I completley agree with you on this one. I still think CJ would look good in a packers uniform. I wish that AP wouldn't have gotten hurt though. He had an amazing Freshman campaign and thats about it. Maybe his stock will drop to the 2nd round.

b bulldog
10-15-2006, 11:50 AM
irons looked very quick last night but looked average last week. CJ looks very good but needs to time in the 4.3-4.4 range as ESPN says he runs. CJ imo, looks by far to be the most gifted player playing on Saturdays.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 12:02 PM
I completley agree with you on this one. I still think CJ would look good in a packers uniform. I wish that AP wouldn't have gotten hurt though. He had an amazing Freshman campaign and thats about it. Maybe his stock will drop to the 2nd round.

CJ could be very good and he good be average, in the NFL. His build is amzing, though.

No way AP would ever drop to the second. He'll still go in the top ten, probably the top 5. His stock may drop 2 or 3 spots, so I see him going in the 4-7 area. He is still considered the top back in the draft by almost all scouts.

If this injury shows anything it shows that AP is more prone to injury than some believed. This is two straight years AP has been injured. That will drop his stock, more than anything.

PackerPro42
10-15-2006, 02:36 PM
I know he'll never drop to the 2nd, but I can still dream.

b bulldog
10-18-2006, 10:15 PM
i'D TAKE A HEALTHY mICHAEL bUSH `over a healthy Peterson.

Joemailman
10-23-2006, 10:02 AM
The fact that the Packers had to move Colledge to LT from his starting guard position yesterday shows the importance of drafting an OT early. Not necessarily 1st round, but early.

pittstang5
10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Since this thread is the only place here in PackerRats that is dedicated for the draft...thus far, I wanna put a name out there from my alma mater (Pitt) that I want the Pack to seriously look at.

If he comes out early - junior CB Darrelle Revis. This kid is the real deal. I've watched him last year and this year. Nobody can pass to his receiver when he's covering them. If they do, it goes incomplete or he intercepts it. He's got great speed and size for the position. A pretty good open field tackler too, when needed. I believe he has three interceptions on the year...all three returned for a touchdown. His stats have tailed off recently because no one is throwing to him. He is just what the Pack needs next year.

BF4MVP
10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
C'mon TT, just draft Marshawn Lynch..You won't be disappointed.

Clicky here (http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/)
Clicky here too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbOmiOvte4&mode=related&search=)

Calvin Johnson remains the number one player on my board, but I don't think the Packers are going to be nearly bad enough to have a shot at him. But Marshawn Lynch would be a great pick towards the middle of the first round. I believe I have read that Ron Wolf says that if a running back is good in college, the chances are pretty good that he'll be good in the NFL. Lynch has been very productive at Cal since his true freshman season. I like Ahman, but he's aging (although he looked pretty good on that 70 yarder). Drafting Lynch would give us our running back for the next 10+ years (he doesn't turn 21 until April 22nd, 2007).

I really hope we get him.

PackerPro42
10-24-2006, 06:37 AM
I don't know why CJ is still the number one on everyone's board. He just got dominated in the Clemson game, he didn't look special at all. Plus CJ might not even come out. He said he went to GT to get a degree.

BallHawk
10-24-2006, 07:03 AM
I don't know why CJ is still the number one on everyone's board. He just got dominated in the Clemson game.

As you said Wausau, don't base a man off one game. :wink:

Partial
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
I don't know why CJ is still the number one on everyone's board. He just got dominated in the Clemson game.

As you said Wausau, don't base a man off one game. :wink:

You guys are definitely overhyping him. #1 prospect is probably Joe Thomas or a QB. I doubt you'll see a receiver go #1 ever again.

Partial
10-24-2006, 07:42 AM
I don't know why CJ is still the number one on everyone's board. He just got dominated in the Clemson game, he didn't look special at all. Plus CJ might not even come out. He said he went to GT to get a degree.

your boy is starting to show up to play cowboy. Picked him up as a 4th receiver option in FF.

Partial
10-24-2006, 07:43 AM

Clicky here too (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbOmiOvte4&mode=related&search=)

Calvin Johnson remains the number one player on my board, but I don't think the Packers are going to be nearly bad enough to have a shot at him. But Marshawn Lynch would be a great pick towards the middle of the first round. I believe I have read that Ron Wolf says that if a running back is good in college, the chances are pretty good that he'll be good in the NFL. Lynch has been very productive at Cal since his true freshman season. I like Ahman, but he's aging (although he looked pretty good on that 70 yarder). Drafting Lynch would give us our running back for the next 10+ years (he doesn't turn 21 until April 22nd, 2007).

I really hope we get him.

For some reason he reminds me a lot of Maroney, and at this point in his NFL career that appears to be a good thing. I would not mind landing this guy at all. If the Bears run the table it wouldn't surprise me if he wins the heisman.

Partial
10-24-2006, 07:45 AM
i'D TAKE A HEALTHY mICHAEL bUSH `over a healthy Peterson.

Michael Bush is good but AD has a crazy combination of speed and power.

Partial
10-24-2006, 07:46 AM
I don't understand how people have such a good judgement on Rodgers BEFORE HE HAS EVER STARTED AN NFL GAME. I think the kid can play, but only time will tell. I don't think Quinn would be a big upgrade. Look at Steve Young for crying out loud, what was he thought of before he went to the niners? (I hope you already know)

There are plenty of good RBs and WRs in this draft, why not get the best CB in the draft? (Marcus McCauley IMO)

The kid is far and away the best cover corner, and then we could grab Bush with our 2nd round pick.

I know what most of you have heard, Bush doesn't fit our offense well. Ok, so the guy is a bigger back, before you judge him, go look up his 40 times. He runs them as fast as people 40 pounds lighter. The guy also has hands more proven than Peterson. He has the one-cut style we need, but people keep worrying about his size even tho he has the speed to back it up (think of a faster Dayne). Does nobody else see these qualities?

I'm not sold that he has a low enough pad level to be a solid NFL runner. With that thickness he is gonna take a beating. Like Lendale before him, i'll take a wait and see approach. Truth be told I haven't seen enough of him, but I am liking that back from Cali, but then again what i've seen from him has only been television highlights.

Zool
10-24-2006, 10:10 AM

I really hope we get him.That interview is brutal to listen to. He says uhhh every 3rd word.

What a runner though.

ND72
10-24-2006, 11:57 AM
If I were TT right now, I'm probably looking at Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson...but, is Peterson damanged goods? he's been pretty banged up, and RB's have a short life-span. OTHER than those 2 guys, I'm probably looking DL/DB. If there were a top DE I'd take him, but I don't think any of the current DE's that will be coming out are worthy of where we'd be drafting RIGHT NOW. It's hard to say what's what right now, and it'll just get more exciting after the super bowl.

ahaha
10-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Despite the Clemson game, I still think CJ is the number 1 overall. The guy has the size and flat line speed. He also has incredible ball skills. He seems to have a knack for adjusting to the ball in the air, and he has great hands. My only question with him is his ability to accelerate out of his cuts. The announcers in the Clemson game were quoting one of the coaches, who said it takes a second or two for him to get up to full speed. If he displays decent ability in agility drills at the combine, he should be the number 1 pick, IMHO.

Partial
10-24-2006, 12:29 PM
its going to go like this:

Oakland - Brady Quinn
Arizona - Joe Thomas
Texas - Adrian Peterson (despite the injuries)
San Fran - Calvin Johnson/Palusney
Tennesse - Calvin Johnson/Palusney

PackerPro42
10-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I disagree, I think it will look like this...........

Oakland= Brady Quinn
Miami= Calvin Johnson
Detroit= Joe Thomas
Tennesse= Quinton Moses
Arizona= Levi Brown/Sam Baker

That's what I think.

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Bump

I see it going

Oakland: Jamarcus Russell
Other Option CJ

Detroit: Joe Thomas
Other Option Brady Quinn

Clevland: Brady Quinn
Other Option Adrian Peterson

Tampa Bay:Calvin Johnson
Other Option Gaines Adam

The Shadow
01-17-2007, 08:07 PM
The 1st 5 players should be Russell, Quinn, Johnson, Peterson & Big Joe.

I can't wait till the hoopla starts over this year's workout warrior - whose college career was mediocre.
Every year, many Packer fans go gaga over such a 'physical freak of nature', and demand the Packers pick him instead of the non-freak pure football player.
Who WILL that be this year???

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 08:18 PM
idk something tells me that Jamal Anderson is this years Mario Williams

HarveyWallbangers
01-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Anderson to Minnesota.

Charles Woodson
01-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Anderson to Minnesota.

are we sure we want that? cant they just run out the clock? thats so much better

ahaha
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Anderson to Minnesota.

.....where he becomes the next Demetrius Underwood.

J-Rok
01-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Or John Randle.

Update:
...I lose. Anderson's a DE, not a DT...