PDA

View Full Version : Driver Class

packmac
10-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Donald Driver recently came out and took responsibility for the game on Monday night. Even though blame can easily go around...still...Driver makes that touchdown catch and that catch in the third quarter Packers are up late in the third quarter by 10 instead of down by one. Hard to fault a guy who plays with such heart for his team...

But by taking that kind of responsibility when he could have easily said nothing makes him that much more of player. Contrast his actions to the constant complaining of Carroll and you see why one is a success and the other...not so much. Humility, though not often practiced is as important in Professional Sports as it is life.

I have no doubt Driver is asking Favre this week to run extra slant patterns again and again and again. You won't see him drop one this week.

packers11
10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Donald Driver recently came out and took responsibility for the game on Monday night. Even though blame can easily go around...still...Driver makes that touchdown catch and that catch in the third quarter Packers are up late in the third quarter by 10 instead of down by one. Hard to fault a guy who plays with such heart for his team...

But by taking that kind of responsibility when he could have easily said nothing makes him that much more of player. Contrast his actions to the constant complaining of Carroll and you see why one is a success and the other...not so much. Humility, though not often practiced is as important in Professional Sports as it is life.

I have no doubt Driver is asking Favre this week to run extra slant patterns again and again and again. You won't see him drop one this week.

agreed.... I think Driver is in store for a big game, he will try to juke all 11 players on the field if it takes him to gain Favre's trust back :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
10-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I may think what I think about Carroll leaving, but he did the exact same thing. He laid into himself hard and publicly after that football game.

packers11
10-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I may think what I think about Carroll leaving, but he did the exact same thing. He laid into himself hard and publicly after that football game.

Driver proved he can be a force in a game... Carroll has never shut down a top WR, or even a second string WR... Hence why Woodson was brought in...

MJZiggy
10-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Which is why he was demoted and then released. I'm just speaking to the sentence above where it says Driver took responsibility contrast to the constant complaining. He didn't complain. He didn't complain when he was demoted and he did take responsibility

packmac
10-05-2006, 05:16 PM
To his credit, Carroll did critique himself publically. But I'm afraid it was a case of too little too late. You also didn't see Driver complaining to the officials after obvious penalties.

I wish Carroll well. I'm also very glad he's gone.

Brando19
10-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Mike McCarthy was on sirius NFL radio around 5:15 pm today and he said Donald Driver was very sore at practice today. He may not even play against the Rams and if he does, you have to wonder how ready he'll be. With Fergie out, I expect Koren Robinson to have a breakout game against the Rams.

MJZiggy
10-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum, Packmac. I hope Carroll goes on to have a nice career with someone we don't play against...

MadtownPacker
10-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Welcome to PR PackMac!!!

DD will be fine. Now that Fergie is sitting like he should and a REAL WR is taking his place he will feel less heat from opposing Ds.

Lamb will be served on Sunday.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Welcome to PR PackMac!!!

DD will be fine. Now that Fergie is sitting like he should and a REAL WR is taking his place he will feel less heat from opposing Ds.

Lamb will be served on Sunday.

Well, more like Mutton. Tyrone loves some greasy mutton after hittin da pipe for a couple of days.

prsnfoto
10-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Glad to see DD take credit for his bad game as I laid into him pretty hard, in fairness to him and all the WR they will be sore and hearing footsteps all year with MM calling these games everything is a slant or crossing pattern which takes its toll. A couple of national pundits are blaming the recievers health on Brett, like he calls the play!

Tarlam!
10-06-2006, 12:06 PM
He made my sig. My first sig on PR.