PDA

View Full Version : help on Avatar

cheese_man
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
i just signed up on this forum a week ago and i was just wounding how to get a avatar. thanks all for help :D

GBRulz
10-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Nice to have you here !

Check out the forum rules and regulations part of the site. If gives information about avatars. The most important part is the sizing of them. Once you have the picture in the right size, you can upload it yourself by clicking on the profile bar on the top of the page. You'll see a spot near the bottom to upload your avatar.

If you need help with resizing an image, shoot Madtown a PM, he'll help you out.

cheese_man
10-06-2006, 10:20 AM
how do you put the avatar on the screen

MJZiggy
10-06-2006, 10:26 AM
click on profile, go to the very bottom of the screen and you will see a section for avatars. Either enter the file location (or click the browse button and find it on your computer). Once you have the file listed, click submit and you're done.

cheese_man
10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
im on a labtop and it keeps saying file not found.

is there any other way

MJZiggy
10-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Can you find it on your laptop and open it without trying to upload?

GBRulz
10-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Go to profile....scroll to the bottom where it says upload a custom avatar, upload the file and click submit.

The picture you want as your avatar MUST be saved on your computer as a file already in order to upload it.

Also be sure the file is sized to 100 x 100 pixels and less than 32k in size or it won't work. If you need help in resizing the image, many people here can help, including myself. Shoot me a PM and I'll have u email me the file if it needs to be resized.

Partial
10-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Also, the big thing is it must be a .gif, I would say that the biggest issue i've received emails about.

You can change the file type by going to save as in paint, photoshop, etc and selecting .gif instead of .bmp or .jpeg

GBRulz
10-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Also, the big thing is it must be a .gif, I would say that the biggest issue i've received emails about.

You can change the file type by going to save as in paint, photoshop, etc and selecting .gif instead of .bmp or .jpeg

that is incorrect, Partial. It does not have to be in .gif format.

right click on several of the avatars in the forum and many are jpg - they work fine.

Partial
10-06-2006, 01:38 PM

that is incorrect, Partial. It does not have to be in .gif format.

right click on several of the avatars in the forum and many are jpg - they work fine.

hmmmm, I stand corrected. A better question is why the heck can I not upload .jpgs to my avatar, then? Bizzare!! When I told people to use .gif I hope it fixed their problem and they didn't just blow me off thinking I was a jackass!!