PDA

View Full Version : First Offensive Play

packmac
10-07-2006, 01:10 PM
When was the last time the Packers came out with Favre slinging it downfield? What a statement it would make for Favre to connect with Robinson for a gain of 50+ right from the gun. Ignite the crowd and snatch the momentum.

Now picture what kind of a statement it would make to handoff to Green for a gain of one and a half.

Just a thought.

GoPackGo
10-07-2006, 01:13 PM
The Packers Pass Defense is made of swiss cheese. Any momentum the offense builds will be flushed down the toilet on the next Ram offensive drive. This will repeat all game until the Rams take the starters out ala philly

ND72
10-07-2006, 01:30 PM
my biggest problem, is Favre has never been a great deep threat passer. i would prefer to see a quick slant and go by Jennings or Driver...WR does the slant, but quickly heads upfield on the go route...get the CB behind him, and the Safety not yet over ot him.

GBRulz
10-07-2006, 02:10 PM
The Packers Pass Defense is made of swiss cheese.

I was thinking goat cheese, myself!

red
10-07-2006, 02:37 PM
this isn't a good idea, because favre seems to throw a lot of int's when he throws the ball deep

starting off the game with a pick is a pretty shitty way to start a game

Tarlam!
10-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Show a little confidence in our OL. Run the ball 3 times on the first 3 downs and let them set up the scoring series...

Packnut
10-07-2006, 03:13 PM
my biggest problem, is Favre has never been a great deep threat passer. i would prefer to see a quick slant and go by Jennings or Driver...WR does the slant, but quickly heads upfield on the go route...get the CB behind him, and the Safety not yet over ot him.

He was with Walker.

ND72
10-07-2006, 04:29 PM

He was with Walker.

No, he really wasn't...he threw it up, Walker just went and got it.

The OL in me, and the coach in me says 1st down Run, 2nd down play action...3rd down depends on where you are, 3rd and 1-3, run, 3rd and 4-6, nother play action...3rd adn 7+ pass.

Packnut
10-07-2006, 04:36 PM

He was with Walker.

No, he really wasn't...he threw it up, Walker just went and got it.

The OL in me, and the coach in me says 1st down Run, 2nd down play action...3rd down depends on where you are, 3rd and 1-3, run, 3rd and 4-6, nother play action...3rd adn 7+ pass.

Still a completion is'nt it? QB still gets credit for it does'nt he?

chewy-bacca
10-07-2006, 05:00 PM
you said snatch. :oops: