PDA

View Full Version : OT: Detroit Celebrates!!!!

gbpackfan
10-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry guys, you can move this thread if you want.

Did any of you see the Detroit Tigers celebrate their series win against the Yanks? If you missed it, you missed one of the GREATEST celebrations. I say this because the Tigers cam back out of the locker room and celebrated with the fans. They threw their hats in the stands, poured champagne on the crowd and even doused the cops on the field! It was great!!!!! The Tigers' players are a Ggggrrrrreat bunch of guys! I hope they win it all.

digitaldean
10-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys, you can move this thread if you want.

Did any of you see the Detroit Tigers celebrate their series win against the Yanks? If you missed it, you missed one of the GREATEST celebrations. I say this because the Tigers cam back out of the locker room and celebrated with the fans. They threw their hats in the stands, poured champagne on the crowd and even doused the cops on the field! It was great!!!!! The Tigers' players are a Ggggrrrrreat bunch of guys! I hope they win it all.

That sounds like a very classy and fitting way to celebrate.

Not only did they knock off the Evil Empire of George Steinbrenner, they win with class too! :bow:

gbpackfan
10-07-2006, 07:20 PM
It was the way they involved the fans in the celebration. Magic! (sappy, I know.) :mrgreen:

FavreChild
10-07-2006, 09:18 PM
This is probably the only time you will see me respond to a baseball thread (at least without complete denigration), but I would expect nothing less from the Tigers and their fans. They deserve it - I am sort of amazed Detroit has any fans. Same thing for Brewers fans, although there's no doubt we would all jump on the baseball bandwagon if the Brewers were to somehow be a playoff team.

Anyway, for one moment in time, good triumphs over evil in the crappy world of MLB. Too bad it's just a moment. I mean, even if the Tigers win it all, it won't fix the many, many flaws of MLB. (Oops, had to insert that bitter commentary, didn't I?)

MJZiggy
10-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Wonder how many heads will roll in NYC tomorrow...

FavreChild
10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
"Big Stein's getting upset!!"

http://www.widewordofsports.com/images-steinbrenner-demon.JPG

gbpackfan
10-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Ha, ha. That's funny!

Brando19
10-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Wow..the Yankees are eliminated. I hear Manager Joe Torre could be fired as soon as today. And there's rumors that A-Rod could be gone as well.

Badgepack
10-08-2006, 10:46 AM
If the Tigers win the World Series, the celebration in Detroit will not be as fun-loving as this.

Glad to see the Yankees out of it though.

Badgerinmaine
10-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Good for the Tigers. That is an amazing turnaround for them. I sure wouldn't want to be Brian Cashman right now...

digitaldean
10-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Good for the Tigers. That is an amazing turnaround for them. I sure wouldn't want to be Brian Cashman right now...

Somehow I think there's a big pot of boiling oil with Brian's name on it back at Yankee headquarters. And Joe Torre will be thrown under the bus. (talk about what have you done for me lately).

Boy, what a return on investment. Over a BILLION, yes BILLION, dollars spent over the last 6 years and all they have is 0 world titles plus 3 first round KO's.

Oh, this just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.... :mrgreen:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-08-2006, 09:46 PM

Somehow I think there's a big pot of boiling oil with Brian's name on it back at Yankee headquarters. And Joe Torre will be thrown under the bus. (talk about what have you done for me lately).

Boy, what a return on investment. Over a BILLION, yes BILLION, dollars spent over the last 6 years and all they have is 0 world titles plus 3 first round KO's.

Oh, this just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.... :mrgreen:

ROI: Well, George can cry himself to sleep with the hundreds of million he makes off the Yankees.

woodbuck27
10-08-2006, 11:59 PM
In 1957 and 58 The NY Yankee's defeated my Milwaukee Braves and since then I root for anybody/everybody to take them down.

The Detroit Tigers are having "a Special Season ". A long long time coming to even this.

Congratulations to TIGER FANS !

woodbuck27
10-09-2006, 07:52 AM
"This is probably the only time you will see me respond to a baseball thread (at least without complete denigration), but I would expect nothing less from the Tigers and their fans. They deserve it - I am sort of amazed Detroit has any fans. Same thing for Brewers fans, although there's no doubt we would all jump on the baseball bandwagon if the Brewers were to somehow be a playoff team. . . .

Anyway, for one moment in time, good triumphs over evil in the crappy world of MLB. Too bad it's just a moment. I mean, even if the Tigers win it all, it won't fix the many, many flaws of MLB. (Oops, had to insert that bitter commentary, didn't I?)" FavreChild

woodbuck27:

What's she talkin'about?

Some MLB Modern Era Players - Tarnish " the National Pastime "?

Report:

Clemens, Pettitte, Tejada Juiced ?

Names of teammates allegedly fingered by Jason Grimsley emerge:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1002061grimsley1.html

the_idle_threat
10-09-2006, 09:14 AM
In 1957 and 58 The NY Yankee's defeated my Milwaukee Braves and since then I root for anybody/everybody to take them down.

The Detroit Tigers are having "a Special Season ". A long long time coming to even this.

Congratulations to TIGER FANS !

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure the Milwaukee Braves won the WS in '57, then lost in '58. If it was a split, then have you spent a lifetime shaking your fist at the Yankees for naught, Woody? :D

To answer my own question ... naw, there are planty of reason to hate the Yankees!