PDA

View Full Version : Robinson suspended for 1 year..

lord favre
10-08-2006, 11:58 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Buh bye Drunky McDrunk Drunk...

Sure seems as though Goodell is looking to clean up the league, my guess is Ricky Manning Jr. is next on his whack list.

]{ilr]3
10-08-2006, 12:14 PM

Sure seems as though Goodell is looking to clean up the league, my guess is Ricky Manning Jr. is next on his whack list.

Everyone knew something like this was coming from the NFL. He could play for quite sometime while the appeal is looked at.

digitaldean
10-08-2006, 01:09 PM
I am glad that the league is coming down on him because of it.

Does it hurt the Packers, yes to a degree. But guess what, it's about what's right and what's wrong. Robinson violated his probation and has to sit in the can. Plus, if this is true, K-Rob can sit out a year from the league.

Sooner or later, he is going to have to learn a lesson. 1 year away from the game will either straighten him out or keep him out for good.

GBRulz
10-08-2006, 01:47 PM
how long can he string the appeals process along for? Is it just a one time shot or can there be multiple appeals?

red
10-08-2006, 01:53 PM
i think he can just appeal once

but they can shoot it down at almost anytime if they want, it could happen in the morning, or they could string it out for a few weeks

but it should happen pretty quick

Rastak
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM

but they can shoot it down at almost anytime if they want, it could happen in the morning, or they could string it out for a few weeks

He should have requested his supension start immediately when he got busted so he could attend training camp for some team next year (GB in this case)....Now he'll miss all of camp next year and a chunk of the season to boot.

falco
10-08-2006, 05:20 PM

He should have requested his supension start immediately when he got busted so he could attend training camp for some team next year (GB in this case)....Now he'll miss all of camp next year and a chunk of the season to boot.

Agreed Rastak, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if they didn't think they'd be able to push it until this offseason though.

lord favre
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM

Agreed Rastak, I was thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if they didn't think they'd be able to push it until this offseason though.

At 1-4 he should serve it now, this year is already over. He could be a spark coming into game 6 next year when maybe the Pack are 2-3 or 3-2 and in some sort of position to do something.

BTW..Bears 156 - opponents 36.

chewy-bacca
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I am thinking it will be a next season thing. idk, but it seems it could take that long to come down. I hope so, I like what he added to the team.

falco
10-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I am thinking it will be a next season thing. idk, but it seems it could take that long to come down. I hope so, I like what he added to the team.

yeah, but this year is probably ready to be written off already...next year, if we are more of a contender, we could use KR more.

chewy-bacca
10-08-2006, 06:00 PM
good point, Im just not done watchin him this year....we just got him. :D

ND72
10-08-2006, 06:00 PM
from what espn radio is saying, it'd be for the rest of the season, and it would not effect next season....but that was a guess as to how it would be done by many of hte "experts" on there.

falco
10-08-2006, 06:01 PM
good point, Im just not done watchin him this year....we just got him. :D

agreed, he's been a bright spot fo the time.

Rastak
10-08-2006, 08:09 PM
The NFL never announces a suspension until the appeal is concluded....

From ESPN:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Koren Robinson's legal problems have not earned him a suspension from the NFL. Not yet, anyway.

Robinson

League spokesman Vince Casey would not comment on a Fox Sports report that the Packers wide receiver has been told he has been suspended one year by the NFL but is appealing the punishment.

Casey said Robinson "has not been suspended," but would not comment on whether the receiver is in the middle of the appeals process.

A court in Kirkland, Wash., gave Robinson a 90-day jail sentence Wednesday for violating the probation issued to him after he pleaded guilty to a drunk driving offense there last year.

Robinson also is scheduled to face drunken driving charges for a separate incident in Minnesota later this month. The Minnesota Vikings released Robinson after the incident in August, and he signed a two-year deal with the Packers in September.

Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, did not return a message left on his cell phone by The Associated Press.

Robinson caught four passes for 42 yards and returned two kickoffs for 40 yards in the Packers' 23-20 loss to the St. Louis Rams on Sunday.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Joemailman
10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Robinson's appeal brought to light
Posted: Oct. 8, 2006
SportsDay

Bob Wolfley

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson has been suspended from the National Football League for a year but continues to play pending his appeal in the case, according to a national television report Sunday on Fox.

Another report, on CBS-TV, said Robinson's appeal did not have much chance of reversing the league's suspension and that he would be unavailable to the Packers for much of the rest of the season.

"Two weeks ago, Koren Robinson was given notice by the league office that he has been hit with a one-year suspension, barring an appeal," Jay Glazer said on "Fox NFL Sunday," the network's pregame show. "Now what happens is he is allowed to play until his appeal is heard. That's set in a couple of weeks. Once that happens, if it gets overturned, he can continue to play. If the suspension is upheld, he's out for a year."

Meanwhile, Charley Casserly of CBS' "The NFL Today" pregame show reported that's it's unlikely Robinson would play much more for Green Bay this season.

Host James Brown said to Casserly, a former NFL general manager: "Green Bay thinks it has (Robinson) for the rest of the season. Is that the case?"

Casserly answered: "I don't think so. He has a hearing coming up with the NFL very shortly, which is going to determine whether he is going to be suspended for a year or not. Based on the information I have and the facts that I know, I don't think it looks good. Most likely he is going to be suspended."

Robinson faces suspension because of three violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Last week in Kirkland, Wash., Robinson was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating terms of probation for a drunken-driving case in May 2005. He can serve that time after the season is over. He was a member of the Seattle Seahawks in '05.

On Aug. 16, when he was with the Minnesota Vikings, Robinson was charged with six criminal counts including two related to drunken driving.

The Packers picked up Robinson after he was released by the Vikings.

A Packers spokesman said Sunday that the team had not been notified of the suspension, and would not be, because until Robinson's appeal is exhausted, the suspension is a matter between the receiver and the league. It's unclear whether Robinson has informed general manager Ted Thompson or coach Mike McCarthy of the impending suspension.

Robinson declined Sunday to discuss the matter.

"I don't know if I can answer that so much," he told reporters after the game. "I've already addressed the issue. I am back playing football. I would like to talk about the game, not my situation."

I would be happy if the Packers to get it reduced to a suspension for the rest of this year so Robinson would be available for the start of next season.

retailguy
10-08-2006, 08:16 PM
from what espn radio is saying, it'd be for the rest of the season, and it would not effect next season....but that was a guess as to how it would be done by many of hte "experts" on there.

I've never heard of this, but hey, we are under new leadership, and I guess times are a changin....

retailguy
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I would be happy if the Packers to get it reduced to a suspension for the rest of this year so Robinson would be available for the start of next season.

The Packers have ZERO say so in the matter. They won't even be consulted about it.

Joemailman
10-08-2006, 08:36 PM

The Packers have ZERO say so in the matter. They won't even be consulted about it.

Supposedly the suspension is pending an appeal. Who appeals it? K-Rob's lawyer? The Union?

prsnfoto
10-08-2006, 08:48 PM

Jay Glazer is usaully right but the fags at profootballtalk are usually not same as queer trolls so we'll see if it is ligit.

b bulldog
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
take the suspension now so he can get his life in order and be able to play next season when the team gets better.keep

retailguy
10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Supposedly the suspension is pending an appeal. Who appeals it? K-Rob's lawyer? The Union?

KRob and his lawyer. No one else is "supposed" to know until it is final.

Yeah right.

pbmax
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM

Timing didn't work out like that Rastak. CBS reported he heard two weeks ago.

pbmax
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM

KRob and his lawyer. No one else is "supposed" to know until it is final.

Yeah right.
I am pretty sure it would have been the union on the appeal.