PDA

View Full Version : This team has...

packers11
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
NO LUCK / experience.... Not only do they have no luck, but when they seem to get it, they shoot themselves in the foot....

This team should easily be a 2-3/3-2 team..... Saints/Rams game should both be wins....

First... Rayner misses the field goal..
Missed interceptions...
But what really pushes my buttons is that the PACKERS get all the way down the field, and find some WAY to blow the game..... JUMP ON THE FUMBLE!! CANT YOU HOLD ONTO IT?!?!?

Im afraid this season will have to be an experiance year for many of the younger players, the 2007 packers will be a dominant team .. only if favre returns....

vince
10-08-2006, 08:20 PM
NO LUCK / experience.... Not only do they have no luck, but when they seem to get it, they shoot themselves in the foot....

This team should easily be a 2-3/3-2 team..... Saints/Rams game should both be wins....

First... Rayner misses the field goal..
Missed interceptions...
But what really pushes my buttons is that the PACKERS get all the way down the field, and find some WAY to blow the game..... JUMP ON THE FUMBLE!! CANT YOU HOLD ONTO IT?!?!?

Im afraid this season will have to be an experiance year for many of the younger players, the 2007 packers will be a dominant team .. only if favre returns....
I think "dominant" is too strong of a term, but I do think that we're 4 or 5 players away from turning the corner... Those players could very well be added this offseason...

retailguy
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I think "dominant" is too strong of a term, but I do think that we're 4 or 5 players away from turning the corner... Those players could very well be added this offseason...

Vince,

I hope that "assumes" that all the guys we got this year were or will be "players". I think the jury is still out on that, but there is hope.

Pacopete4
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
think of how frustrating it is for those players... like favre. He see's the talent and then they go out and blow a game.. that has to piss him off pretty bad.

Joemailman
10-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I think the realistic hope would be for the Packers to be a playoff contender next year. Not out of the question.

vince
10-08-2006, 08:32 PM

Vince,

I hope that "assumes" that all the guys we got this year were or will be "players". I think the jury is still out on that, but there is hope.
Yes, I'm "assuming" (or, seeing firsthand the display of talent and growth) that Jennings, Hawk, and the O-lineman will get better and become "players." They're well on their way to doing just that.

hurleyfan
10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
NO PLAY MAKERS!

Plain and simple... Players make plays, and if they are young, they make just eonough errors / mistakes to prevent winning a football game.

woodbuck27
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM
NO PLAY MAKERS!

Plain and simple... Players make plays, and if they are young, they make just eonough errors / mistakes to prevent winning a football game.

We had two:

Favre long TD pass to Rookie WR Greg Jennings.

Other than that ....really?

Oh OUR punter Jon Ryan was good again today.

We saw some encouragenent fr. Charles Woodson on two punt returns.

The OL played good enough to finally again give a 100 yard rushing game to a RB.Noah Herron had a nice day, but will he come back as OUR #1 RB after the Bye week?

I believe OUR DL (again) and LBer's played pretty well today as "the RAMS" ground game was for the most part contained.

but playmakers?

NOT enough.