PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers/Dolphins Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Bossman641
10-23-2006, 02:50 AM
They'll be fine once SA is healthy. I have a suspicion he was hurt all year and they didn't know it.

They need more than SA. We'll see b/c he's back next week, or the following for sure.

I hope you are right Partial, I've got him in my fantasy league and it's been really tough, but I don't see it right now.

MM should be able to run behind that line and he CAN'T. Morris is a good backup, I'd venture to say he's more talented than either Morency or Herron. Probably in the top half of the league for backups.

Something is wrong in Seattle. I'm not writing them off, not by a long shot, but I don't think they are in very good shape. Pittsburg is in worse shape, but other than that, Seattle is on the ropes right now.

Seneca Wallace better be up to the challenge, and someone better get him some stilts, did you see the batted down passes? Not good.

They are going to have some problems because they thought a journeyman could step in for an all-pro. I think they'll just run more to the outside and they'll be fine.

Alexander is not an outside runner. He's not particularly quick and doesn't have a burst of explosiveness. What he has is great feet and vision. Alexander's strength is setting up his blockers, which he was able to do last year by running left and waiting for a crease to appear behind Jones/Hutchinson. He also got good downfiled blocking from Jurevicius (gone) once he got into the secondary. He has stuggled all year and I doubt much will change.

While I wouldn't write Seattle off yet, I think they'll have to do it behind Hasselbeck and their 4 good WR rather than behind a dominant running game.

I am calling it, he finishes the year with 1300 yards which won't be bad considering he has been beat up all year and missed a few games now.

Seattle has 10 games left. Alexander has 187 currently and is averaging only 2.9 a rush. He'll need to average about 111 a game to hit 1,300. Going into this weekend's games, only Barber (106.6) and Dunn (102.2) were averaging over 100 a game.

While Seattle has some games left against some weak run defense teams (Oakland, Tampa Bay, KC), I don't think he'll hit 1300. If he does, I'll be the first in line to say congrats on your prediction.

Patler
10-23-2006, 02:51 AM
I am calling it, he finishes the year with 1300 yards which won't be bad considering he has been beat up all year and missed a few games now.

Alexander? That would be an IMPRESSIVE finish. He's not back yet, certainly won't be full speed conditioning-wise when he returns, has at most 10 more games to play, and has only 187 yards y.t.d.

Partial
10-23-2006, 08:58 AM

Alexander? That would be an IMPRESSIVE finish. He's not back yet, certainly won't be full speed conditioning-wise when he returns, has at most 10 more games to play, and has only 187 yards y.t.d.

He'll get it done. Especially if Hasselback is out for an extended period. They'll pound him even more, than.