PDA

View Full Version : This Season is Officially: OVER!

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 03:11 AM
As of now, we are out of the playoff race. Anybody on an infusion of Kool Aide will disagree, but "them's the facts".

As of now, rest all vets and start rooks/journeymen. Get 'em ready for 2007/8. Brett can play all he wants, 'cause he's Brett.

As for the rest? Start only guys you're building on. Use the vets as backups and give 'em the year off to get themselves into the best shape of their lives to make a run next year.

We'll get a great draft position, our youth will have time to mature and learn - our vets will no longer have to play broken (Cliffy, Green Driver???).

Now is the time for TT to come out and say "We're rebuilding". We will attempt to win, not in points, but in experience.

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Why not go down swinging and give your new head coach and your young players something to look forward to instead of taking the easy way out just for some college punk who might turn out to be a bust. I believe you play hard all the time and you play to win, the rest is in God's hands. What sort of message would that send to the young players about our new HC?

Quitter.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 04:48 AM
Nice that I finally got you out of the lurkers closet!

I never said quit. What I said was, play to win experience, play to future strengths that you develop now. Rest your vets.

Cliffy's knees are shot. So are Green's hammies. Why waste what' left of them this season? If they are going to be playing on bear metal, let it be for a good cause.

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Green will have nothing left by next season, he will be 30 y.o and your also assuming both players wont lose any talent by next season. Clifton does not fit the ZB scheme, thats why hes struggling, that and his knees are bum, he'll definetley have surgery at the end of the year and who knows how he'll recover from two surgeries.

I also fear that Driver will begin his decline next year, which is a perfect reason to go for the best player available theory in the draft, if there is any chance we are in a postion to select calvin johnson, however i have faith that this team will continue to improve so im predicting a 7-9 season as my final outcome, barring any major injuries to key players of course(i.e Jennings, Favre, Collins, Kampman)

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 05:08 AM
What exactly is the benefit of a 7-9 season if we play Cliffy and Green till they drop and they won't be around next year?

The answer is the fans get to cheer six wins between now and January. Come April, when we draft at 10 spot instead of 3rd, I know I'll be delighted we went that way.

I am not suggesting we set out to lose games. I am suggesting we set out to win experience. look at how improved our guards are playing after only 5 games.

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 05:18 AM
What exactly is the benefit of a 7-9 season if we play Cliffy and Green till they drop and they won't be around next year?

The answer is the fans get to cheer six wins between now and January. Come April, when we draft at 10 spot instead of 3rd, I know I'll be delighted we went that way.

I am not suggesting we set out to lose games. I am suggesting we set out to win experience. look at how improved our guards are playing after only 5 games.

You're making it sound like the fans would be the only one to benefit from a 7-9 season, and you're still assuming that green and clifton will be the same players next year as they were THREE years ago.

What exactly was the benefit of Green Bay winning its last four games against division rivals four years ago in shermans first year as head coach? wouldnt it have been better for us to go 5-11 and shoot for a top pick? I know they are slightly different situations but football is a mental game as much as anything else, if your players believe they can build on a strong finish than half your work as a head coach is already done.

By you recognising the improved play of the guards, you should also recognise that after around 12 games this football team does have enough talent, it really doesnt bother me if we pick 10th or 3rd because in my mind i believe TT can find good quality players anywhere in the draft, he has an eye for talent that i havent seen in GB, ever. Criticize me all you want but in 3-5 years GB will be a powerhouse, depending on the play of the QB that is.

Here's hoping it happens sooner, a.k.a next year.

Kiwon
10-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Now is the time for TT to come out and say "We're rebuilding".

We have Europe and Australia represented so I think I'll register another opinion from a third continent (Asia).

Tarlam!, I had thought about starting a poll about in what week of the season that TT will come and use the dreaded 'R' word (rebuilding). It's obvious that's what is taking place and I really don't understand his hesitancy to say so.

I wouldn't shelve the vets as you suggest, but I would provide promising players the opportunity to prove themselves as much as possible. Yes, the Packers are not a good football team this year, but that doesn't mean that they won't be next year. In fact, they might be the Chicago Bears of 2007(Well, that might be stretching it a little :mrgreen: ).

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 05:35 AM
i would have supreme confidence in this team next year if i was more comfortable about McCarthy and his play calling. Im so sick of the three and outs, the one thing i miss about Shermans play calling is that at times he was totally unpredictable, and he would run the ball in shotgun formation on 3rd and 7 with Green. The problem was the play calling got dry once the opposing teams played us more than 3-4 times, and Sherman stuck with the same thing that worked, which ended up not working.

Sometimes with McCarthy i dont know whether he knows how to use this offence to the strengths that it has, or maybe favre just doesnt have enough time to throw behind this line yet for McCarthy to open up the offence. He seems like a smart coach but he should try to trick and throw the defence off balance a little more, it would mix up our offence and give the defence something more to think about.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 05:41 AM
...it really doesnt bother me if we pick 10th or 3rd because in my mind i believe TT can find good quality players anywhere in the draft, he has an eye for talent that i havent seen in GB, ever. Criticize me all you want but in 3-5 years GB will be a powerhouse, depending on the play of the QB that is.

Firstly, just because I disagree on the motives to play the rest of this season does not mean I am criticing you. I hope you're right about GB becoming a power house, it's just that I hope it won't take up to 5 years.

I agree, TT has a knack for finding talent, especially in the 2nd round. But, he can deal his way down from 3rd to 10 and have another 2nd rounder to pick, or, he might have a stud to pick at 3rd.

But the draft is secondary. What is important is getting more young players on the field. Why demand that my vets play injured when the team simply can no longer make the play-offs? What is the point of torturing Cliffy? Shortening Ahmad's career?

Kiwon, shelving the vets isn't how I would choose to put it. I just think a healthy dose of realism could do this team the world of good.

Kiwon
10-09-2006, 05:43 AM
It's a young team and a young head coach. I think that everyone is doing a lot of "on-the-job" learning.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 05:47 AM
It's a young team and a young head coach. I think that everyone is doing a lot of "on-the-job" learning.

Couldn't agree more and I would, in fact, accelerate this process so that we leave it behind in THIS season and not carry it into next.

Rastak
10-09-2006, 05:56 AM

Couldn't agree more and I would, in fact, accelerate this process so that we leave it behind in THIS season and not carry it into next.

Tarlam, using your logic wouldn't the QB of the future head the list of those you'd want to play?

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 05:58 AM
...it really doesnt bother me if we pick 10th or 3rd because in my mind i believe TT can find good quality players anywhere in the draft, he has an eye for talent that i havent seen in GB, ever. Criticize me all you want but in 3-5 years GB will be a powerhouse, depending on the play of the QB that is.

Firstly, just because I disagree on the motives to play the rest of this season does not mean I am criticing you. I hope you're right about GB becoming a power house, it's just that I hope it won't take up to 5 years.

I agree, TT has a knack for finding talent, especially in the 2nd round.(1.) But, he can deal his way down from 3rd to 10 and have another 2nd rounder to pick, or, he might have a stud to pick at 3rd.(1.)

But the draft is secondary. What is important is getting more young players on the field. (2.)Why demand that my vets play injured when the team simply can no longer make the play-offs? What is the point of torturing Cliffy? Shortening Ahmad's career?(2.)

Kiwon, shelving the vets isn't how I would choose to put it. I just think a healthy dose of realism could do this team the world of good.

(1.) Yes, but why sacrifice the morale of your team for the sake of more draft picks, sure it will do more good in the long term but will a first year head coach recover from benching two of his blue chip players? What would that say about his drive to win? It would reflect poorly on the GM and the organisation, and in essence it would tell the whole world we are "rebuilding", even if that is not the goal. And look at how much hot water TT is in for making a few mistakes that almost every GM makes(i.e Blackmon, wahle etc..)

(2.) Again, you're assuming that Ahman is the same player he was three years ago, and as players get older they slow down, so what good will sitting him for a year to get him healthy do when he'll most likely lose another 15-20% of what he had three years ago(IMO)?

Once again i do not believe that Clifton fits this scheme, and i guarantee you at the end of the year both his knees will be operated on. So in that situation, dont you think it would be a good idea to get everything out of these players this year, try and win NOW so that the rookies can grow with the vets, see how they do things and learn as much as they can before the coaching staff realises that they have two past their prime players, one who will be coming back from two knee surgeries?

IMO, i don't think shelving the vets will do any good for anyone, moslty the head coach.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Yeah Ras, that would be correct. But we aren't talking about any QB. We're talking about Favre. Just being on the field with him is a huge benfit for our youngsters.

I did make this exception in the lead post of this thread, BTW.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 06:03 AM
...dont you think it would be a good idea to get everything out of these players this year, try and win NOW so that the rookies can grow with the vets...?

IMO, i don't think shelving the vets will do any good for anyone, moslty the head coach.

No, because it must be downright frustrating losing games like we did against NO and STL. And I wouldn't make a horse in pain work a field if the crop had little chance of growing, why would I ask a LT to do it?

If Cliffy needs operating, put him on IR and let him get it done NOW. He aint gonna miss much.

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 06:11 AM
...dont you think it would be a good idea to get everything out of these players this year, try and win NOW so that the rookies can grow with the vets...?

No, because it must be downright frustrating losing games like we did against NO and STL. And I wouldn't make a horse in pain work a field if the crop had little chance of growing, why would I ask a LT to do it?

If Cliffy needs operating, put him on IR and let him get it done NOW. He aint gonna miss much.

And so were going to let a 31 y.o LT, who does not fit our scheme, come back from two major knee surgeries for the hope that next year he will have something left IF his knees hold up?

"No, because it must be downright frustrating losing games like we did against NO and STL."

What this line is telling me is that basically you want to throw the season away for some draft picks, even if thats not what your coming out and saying. Who would we use to replace clifton? Move Colledge to LT and put Spitz at LG and Moll at RG, and have clifton back them up?

Should we replace Ahman, who is on the downside of his career, with two players that probably will not be a part of the 07 roster?

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 06:18 AM
That must be one hell of a crystal ball you're using. You start out by predicting our LT will be under the knife and never be able to make it in this scheme. Then you say Green is as good as done next year.

Finally, you see the 2 back up RBs being cut next year.

To top this off, you boldly predict that despit us not having a running back next year or a legit LT, we will be a power house in 3-5 years, because of TT's prowess in the draft.

But, you admit to not trusting the ol' crystal ball, because the play calling is inconsistant with good ol' Shermies.

Yup, I follow your logic.

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 06:29 AM
You have to be realistic with Clifton in that his knees must be repaired surgically, if you have kept up to date with reports from training camp you would know that his knees have been bum for a while now. Remember last year when Green had that constant knee swelling, and then all of a sudden boom his tendons rip. Have you watched any of the games? Clifton is a warrior and a smart player dont get me wrong, so he will do his best to adjust to the scheme and play through the pain, but he i just not a good fit to what we do.

About the backup RBs, do you honestly feel confident in those two carrying the load next year, say for example, Green does not get another contract from TT? Ill come now as saying that one of them will definetley not be on the roster in opening day next year.

Yes we will be a powerhouse in 3-5 years, you just have to put it into perspective and realise what TT is doing will take 3-5 years, but if he does draft some good players like he did this year and Favre sticks around, i do see a playoff trip next year.

McCarthy might not be used to our talent atm to comfortbaly call plays he believes will work, that or he is very uncreative, again, are you watching the games or are you just arguing with me for the sake of it?

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 06:43 AM
I never argue for the sake of it.

I just disagree with playing people in pain for no benefit, as I have stated repeatedly. You say, there is a benefit; you maintain, I assume, it will benefit the coach and the team.

I fail to understand how seeing Cliffy grimace every time he shifts his weight will benefit the team. I fail to understand how risking a career ending injury to Green is beneficial to our cause, since there is no way on earth we can make the playoffs with THIS team, THIS year.

My plea is to play for the future. You are firmly entrenched in playing for today. You say, again, I assume, this will bring the team closer together but then quickly point out that neither Cliffy or Green will contribute too much in future, and our RBs will most likely not be there.

The entire conversation has revolved around 3 RBs and an LT so far. I hesitate to move to other positions for fear that they will be axed as well.

australianpackerbacker
10-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Our difference of opinion is that you think Green and Clifton will still produce next year, end of story. Lets just agree to disagree. Answer this, if we didnt win 4 in a row in shermans 1st season would we have made the playoffs the year after? Would the players have believed in him? Frank Winters was center in '99 i think, not 100%, who was replaced by a young mike flanagan.

MJZiggy
10-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Tarlam, I have just skimmed this thread, but on first glance, I believe you're being a bit premature. This is the third year in a row that we've come out 1 and 4 and one of those years we ended up 10 and 6. I believe you play to win EVERY GAME and to do that you put your best players on the field. Do you really think Clifton wants to sit in what could be his final productive season? Do you REALLY think there's someone sitting on the bench that's better than he is right now? We were in that game until the very last play. I don't know why you're giving up now. The possibility of a winning season doesn't go away until you've lost nine games.

wist43
10-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Tar, our season was over before it started...

The best we can hope for is to see improvement in the young guys, and begin to build a winning mindset w/in the organization.

Once Favre retires - and I think he has a couple of good years left - it's almost like they have to begin to rebuild - again, again. There's going to be at least a one year learning curve for him, so even if the core of position players begin to improve, you have to expect another step back when Rodgers becomes the starters.

I've been saying for over a year now that 2008 is the best we can hope for to be reasonably competetive again - and that's assuming everything goes swimmingly with each successive draft.

I now think that is a bit optimistic; however, I will cling to the hope of 2008 - for now. I really don't think they can right the ship by then, but ----- call me a "Kool-Aid" drunkard.

chewy-bacca
10-09-2006, 09:00 AM
if they are not admitting to rebuilding now, why would they start? The best way to be sure we wont win any games, and that the fans will find something to do other than football on Sundays is to pull the starters. You want empty stands and discontent in the motherland? I sure as hell dont.

How will the staff know what works if they run 11 scrubs all the time? I dont think it would get anything done but throw us farther down the garbage shute.

vince
10-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Tar, our season was over before it started...

The best we can hope for is to see improvement in the young guys, and begin to build a winning mindset w/in the organization.

Once Favre retires - and I think he has a couple of good years left - it's almost like they have to begin to rebuild - again, again. There's going to be at least a one year learning curve for him, so even if the core of position players begin to improve, you have to expect another step back when Rodgers becomes the starters.

I've been saying for over a year now that 2008 is the best we can hope for to be reasonably competetive again - and that's assuming everything goes swimmingly with each successive draft.

I now think that is a bit optimistic; however, I will cling to the hope of 2008 - for now. I really don't think they can right the ship by then, but ----- call me a "Kool-Aid" drunkard.

Wist, what does it take for you to call a team "reasonably competitive"? Is a 7-9 season "reasonably competitive?"

Is outplaying a first place team, only to lose on a fumble when the team was on the brink of going ahead in the last minute, "reasonably competitive?"

I'm not sure what you're looking at, but it's 2006, 2 years from 2008, and I'm seeing a team that's "reasonably competitive." Now they just need to develop consistency and learn how to win.

"Reasonably competitive" is not what I want to see though. I want to see a playoff team again, and this team is well on its way to "reasoable competitiveness" now. If they're not "extremely competitive" by next year, I'll be very surprised.

Open up your eyes. You're missing the growth and improvement of your team - the youngest team in the league - right in front of you.

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
I think every team needs vets, even if the team is rebuilding. If you think about it, what if all your staters were 24 and younger and they all got good at once, how do you plan on keeping 22 starters who are in the prime of there career under contract. The best way to consistently be a great team, as we were in the 90's, is to keep bringing in young talent and when the time is right let go of a old player go for a younger player who is on the rise. Of course to do this you have to you a GM who consistently drafts good players.

wist43
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Vince,

To me, "reasonably competitive" is 10-6ish... 10-6 will give you a good shot at the playoffs, but you're probably not going to go all the way.

I agree that I see improvement, and I liked this past draft... however, bad teams find ways to lose and then chant mantras - "we'll get it fixed", "we're not pointing fingers"... cliche after cliche. At the end of the day, however, they're still a bad/losing team.

On the bright side - Jennings is the real deal, Hawk will an above average LB in the long run, Wells is coming around, and Spitz is a keeper. Other young guys have potential and upside: Culver, Underwood, Hodge, and, Poppinga.

Counterbalancing those positives are: Favre's retirement, too much money tied up in pedestrian DE's, a far too passive defensive scheme, Nick Barnett in the middle, no "go to" RB, and an overall lack of quality depth.

Favre's retirement is a complete wildcard... How long will he play??? and when he does retire, how long will it take for Rodgers to get up to speed - if he can play at all??? You have to expect the team to take a step backward when Favre retires - so, as I pointed out, you'll be embarking upon another mini-rebuilding w/in the rebuilding just by losing Favre.

No matter how you slice it - they've got an awful long way to go.

Tarlam!
10-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Not many gave this team a chance, but I certainly did! And, with an ounce of lady-luck, we would be 3-2 not 1-4! We let NO and STL off the hook.

Now, they may not be high calibre teams, but so what. We almost beat them! From here, though, it gets much more difficult. In fact, it is suicidal to go for it with our strongest team only to be disappointed week after week. The occasional "W" to keep the natives less restless.

BUILD FOR THE FUTURE!!!

That will keep the natives happy. The vets can take the field á la pre-season. Then, let the youngen's play.

Next year, we'll be ready!

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Nothing has changed since opening day. It is a rebuilding year, they are trying to idenitify players for future and get better week to week.

australianpackerbacker
11-14-2011, 04:39 AM
You're making it sound like the fans would be the only one to benefit from a 7-9 season, and you're still assuming that green and clifton will be the same players next year as they were THREE years ago.

What exactly was the benefit of Green Bay winning its last four games against division rivals four years ago in shermans first year as head coach? wouldnt it have been better for us to go 5-11 and shoot for a top pick? I know they are slightly different situations but football is a mental game as much as anything else, if your players believe they can build on a strong finish than half your work as a head coach is already done.

By you recognising the improved play of the guards, you should also recognise that after around 12 games this football team does have enough talent, it really doesnt bother me if we pick 10th or 3rd because in my mind i believe TT can find good quality players anywhere in the draft, he has an eye for talent that i havent seen in GB, ever. Criticize me all you want but in 3-5 years GB will be a powerhouse, depending on the play of the QB that is.

Here's hoping it happens sooner, a.k.a next year.

How about that one! I must have been the only one on TT's knob, not even JH was hittin it as hard as me. I had the feeling Patler knew what was going on though!

australianpackerbacker
11-14-2011, 04:40 AM
That must be one hell of a crystal ball you're using. You start out by predicting our LT will be under the knife and never be able to make it in this scheme. Then you say Green is as good as done next year.

Finally, you see the 2 back up RBs being cut next year.

To top this off, you boldly predict that despit us not having a running back next year or a legit LT, we will be a power house in 3-5 years, because of TT's prowess in the draft.

But, you admit to not trusting the ol' crystal ball, because the play calling is inconsistant with good ol' Shermies.

Yup, I follow your logic.

How do you like that crystal ball now? God damn im good.

australianpackerbacker
11-14-2011, 04:44 AM
You have to be realistic with Clifton in that his knees must be repaired surgically, if you have kept up to date with reports from training camp you would know that his knees have been bum for a while now. Remember last year when Green had that constant knee swelling, and then all of a sudden boom his tendons rip. Have you watched any of the games? Clifton is a warrior and a smart player dont get me wrong, so he will do his best to adjust to the scheme and play through the pain, but he i just not a good fit to what we do.

About the backup RBs, do you honestly feel confident in those two carrying the load next year, say for example, Green does not get another contract from TT? Ill come now as saying that one of them will definetley not be on the roster in opening day next year.

Yes we will be a powerhouse in 3-5 years, you just have to put it into perspective and realise what TT is doing will take 3-5 years, but if he does draft some good players like he did this year and Favre sticks around, i do see a playoff trip next year.

McCarthy might not be used to our talent atm to comfortbaly call plays he believes will work, that or he is very uncreative, again, are you watching the games or are you just arguing with me for the sake of it?

ok ok. so i got clifton wrong and ahman produced for another year although he was still nowhere close to the form of 3 years ago, but you gota cut me a little slack, you know, considering i have never watched a game before live, and everything i was going off was news articles. Now if i was physically their to read someones energies, you could bet on that shit.

pbmax
11-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Well, the new login to read policy seems to have a hole in it. :lol:

Upnorth
11-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Good job aussypb that was some damn fine prognostication. So what does the next three to five look like? What would you do to fix the defence? Where are my car keys? (You are psychic, right?)

Iron Mike
11-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Is Jim Morrison still alive??

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3H1dWtzmZYU/ShLMAfQ4rYI/AAAAAAAABMM/0XSGVG7kXGM/s320/ridingabikecredit.gif

australianpackerbacker
11-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Good job aussypb that was some damn fine prognostication. So what does the next three to five look like? What would you do to fix the defence? Where are my car keys? (You are psychic, right?)

3-5 years looks like a rough swell of fear, then clearing up later on to full blown love consciouscness, mixed in with a little bit of shamanism. Bah, who am i kiddin, its all love!

You thought your car keys were on the dining room table but they are actually next to your nightstand. Once you start to snore your teenage daughter is going to sneak them out of your room, it was a good game tonight so your pretty loaded, she does this after every packer game. God know where shes gonna put em.

Upnorth
11-15-2011, 07:27 AM
3-5 years looks like a rough swell of fear, then clearing up later on to full blown love consciouscness, mixed in with a little bit of shamanism. Bah, who am i kiddin, its all love!

You thought your car keys were on the dining room table but they are actually next to your nightstand. Once you start to snore your teenage daughter is going to sneak them out of your room, it was a good game tonight so your pretty loaded, she does this after every packer game. God know where shes gonna put em.

When I get my hands on her she is in big time trouble!

LEWCWA
11-15-2011, 01:13 PM
yes it is,everybody else should just take their ball and go home!

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 04:28 AM
How do you like that crystal ball now? God damn im good.

:) :) :) i got this. Madtown. Time to let the hate flow..;)

MadtownPacker
10-31-2019, 07:26 AM
Just let me know what to hate because I lost track.

pbmax
10-31-2019, 08:10 AM
1. 2006 season record, 8-8. Next year, NFC Championship.

2. I miss Tarlam!

3. Clifton started in the 2010 Super Bowl.

4. This wist tidbit:

On the bright side - Jennings is the real deal, Hawk will an above average LB in the long run, Wells is coming around, and Spitz is a keeper. Other young guys have potential and upside: Culver, Underwood, Hodge, and, Poppinga.

Counterbalancing those positives are: Favre's retirement, too much money tied up in pedestrian DE's, a far too passive defensive scheme, Nick Barnett in the middle, no "go to" RB, and an overall lack of quality depth.

Good call on Jennings, slightly optimistic on Hawk (understandable as he started out above average). Good call on Wells and Spitz was good until a back injury. Young guys Culver (I only remember his name), Underwood (too enthusiastic for negotiable affections), Hodge (slow and injured) and Poppinga (very enthusiastic flailing about).

Dead on for Favre's retirement eventually, a shot at Aaron Kampman, and the old wist standby. Correct call on Barnett, RB arrived 2007, and better depth through replacing starters happened in 2009.

Not all that shabby except for the Kool Aid he was drinking about young players :lol:

australianpackerbacker
11-01-2019, 12:43 AM
1. 2006 season record, 8-8. Next year, NFC Championship.

2. I miss Tarlam!

3. Clifton started in the 2010 Super Bowl.

4. This wist tidbit:

Good call on Jennings, slightly optimistic on Hawk (understandable as he started out above average). Good call on Wells and Spitz was good until a back injury. Young guys Culver (I only remember his name), Underwood (too enthusiastic for negotiable affections), Hodge (slow and injured) and Poppinga (very enthusiastic flailing about).

Dead on for Favre's retirement eventually, a shot at Aaron Kampman, and the old wist standby. Correct call on Barnett, RB arrived 2007, and better depth through replacing starters happened in 2009.

Not all that shabby except for the Kool Aid he was drinking about young players :lol:

Yeah pb if i had true ACCESS to GM type information it would only really take me a few days to realize if someones got it or not.

pbmax
11-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Yeah pb if i had true ACCESS to GM type information it would only really take me a few days to realize if someones got it or not.

No one was sure why we had gotten in 2006, even the team. Running game looked a mess for instance and we had not even found out that Jagondinski was a jumped up assistant O line coach.

The long line of PackerRats threads have three themes: overreacting (Panic! At The Disco (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6vs-l5dkc)), underrating (Kool Aid (https://youtu.be/5XqlQWaqFKY)) or Special Teams stink (Nothing Really Changes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUnxlsM9cZw))

Fritz
11-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Why would you need access to GM type information if you're using your intuition anyway???

mraynrand
11-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Why would you need access to GM type information if you're using your intuition anyway???

ZING!

What we really need is an intuition meter - why worry about track record/accomplishments when you can just feel your way to the top.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F78.media.tumblr.com%2F1a3dd8e8746 9ad0891c8a74fdd43cefb%2Ftumblr_inline_orkyeiobGR1r numza_540.gif&f=1&nofb=1

pbmax
11-01-2019, 12:12 PM
ZING!

What we really need is an intuition meter - why worry about track record/accomplishments when you can just feel your way to the top.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F78.media.tumblr.com%2F1a3dd8e8746 9ad0891c8a74fdd43cefb%2Ftumblr_inline_orkyeiobGR1r numza_540.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Special Teams are the mind killer?

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 12:16 PM
:lol:

Intuition works in some situations, but just knowing AR was gonna be better than Favre is going a bit far.

RashanGary
11-01-2019, 12:17 PM
When I’m around certain people, I have an intuition that I trust but can’t explain to either feel comfortable or unsettled with the person or people. I trust that. Or at least I pay closer attention.

I don’t try to predict the future based on intuition though :lol:

Zool
11-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Special Teams are the mind killer?

He uses the weirding way after consuming "spice".

George Cumby
11-01-2019, 01:51 PM
He uses the weirding way after consuming "spice".

I'm going to Lynch you all.

Zool
11-01-2019, 02:22 PM

Got a hunter seeker?

pbmax
11-01-2019, 03:59 PM
What was I thinking!?

Block in the back is the mind-killer.

mraynrand
11-01-2019, 07:22 PM

I WLL kill him!!

George Cumby
11-01-2019, 07:42 PM
A million deaths isn't enough for you all.

australianpackerbacker
11-02-2019, 05:35 AM

Many reasons. The information provided allows you to filter the bullshit from the not bullshit. This is how "intuition" works. When Rodgers goes with "his gut" and spontaneously makes plays that are out of this world, we call that "improvisation". But hes able to improvise like that because hes eliminated every variable he can, with information from tape, coaching, etc...to be able to just play purely, free from "thinking". If he wasnt a sensitive guy he wouldnt be who we love. This is a skill set totally undefined, misunderstood and completely underappreciated. He's a hall of famer because of it.

I can pick a person out of a room in 30 seconds, who has these abilites and this type of awareness. And then i build relationships with these people. Its not like any of these people are special, its just that the greater masses of humanity are stuck and dont know how to use this skill. And as always, there are people that are "elite" at this, just like there are people that are elite at being physically gifted.

australianpackerbacker
11-02-2019, 05:36 AM
ZING!

What youre really saying here, is we need a "bullshit meter", because you dont trust a concept you dont understand.

australianpackerbacker
11-02-2019, 05:45 AM
When I’m around certain people, I have an intuition that I trust but can’t explain to either feel comfortable or unsettled with the person or people. I trust that. Or at least I pay closer attention.

I don’t try to predict the future based on intuition though :lol:

When youre around someone who doesnt trust themselves and denies themselves, this is when you get queezy. Next time youre in this situation pay more attention to how that person treats themselves and values themselves, this will help you to connect with the "why" in what you just shared.

Predicting the future is impossible. What i do is study as hard as i can to understand each and every variable at play, eliminate as much doubt along the way as possible, and THEN, after that, use intuition to make what i consider an informed decision. It has worked well for me in nearly every area of my life.

mraynrand
11-02-2019, 07:55 AM
What youre really saying here, is we need a "bullshit meter", because you dont trust a concept you dont understand.

Incorrect. I don’t trust it because I understand it.

mraynrand
11-02-2019, 07:57 AM
Predicting the future is impossible. What i do is study as hard as i can to understand each and every variable at play, eliminate as much doubt along the way as possible, and THEN, after that, use intuition to make what i consider an informed decision. It has worked well for me in nearly every area of my life.

So you use a reason-based judgement method and when that’s insufficient for a clear choice, you make an educated guess. Seems perfectly rational.

australianpackerbacker
11-04-2019, 04:06 AM
Incorrect. I don’t trust it because I understand it.

Exactly! It works in reverse too. You dont trust it because you dont understand it, just like what i said, in different words. The reflection here is you dont trust yourself. And this is completley normal in a society that ignores the most basic gifts that we all carry.

australianpackerbacker
11-04-2019, 04:09 AM
So you use a reason-based judgement method and when that’s insufficient for a clear choice, you make an educated guess. Seems perfectly rational.

The "reason-based judgement" which you refer to is actually the intuition breaking down all the reasons that the stories in your mind that arent aligned with the truth, dont work. They work hand in hand. The top 10 GMs in the NFL think like i do, they just cant understand or elaborate on it from the perspective that i do.

mraynrand
11-04-2019, 07:00 AM
The "reason-based judgement" which you refer to is actually the intuition breaking down all the reasons that the stories in your mind that arent aligned with the truth, dont work. They work hand in hand.

I can't argue with you on this point - because I don't have the first clue what it possibly means.

mraynrand
11-04-2019, 07:01 AM
Exactly! It works in reverse too. You dont trust it because you dont understand it, just like what i said, in different words. The reflection here is you dont trust yourself. And this is completley normal in a society that ignores the most basic gifts that we all carry.

no

pbmax
11-04-2019, 08:13 AM
no

Like arguing with a person who loves to watch the mentalists pull people out of the audience and "divine" all sorts of things about their life.

Cannot be convinced otherwise.

hoosier
11-04-2019, 08:42 AM
When youre around someone who doesnt trust themselves and denies themselves, this is when you get queezy. Next time youre in this situation pay more attention to how that person treats themselves and values themselves, this will help you to connect with the "why" in what you just shared.

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. I first became aware of it during the physical act of love. Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women but I do deny them my essence.

Zool
11-04-2019, 08:49 AM
Like arguing with a person who loves to watch the mentalists pull people out of the audience and "divine" all sorts of things about their life.

Cannot be convinced otherwise.

I do love my flat earth.

pbmax
11-04-2019, 09:05 AM
A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. I first became aware of it during the physical act of love. Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women but I do deny them my essence.

Just saw this last week.

George Cumby
11-04-2019, 01:30 PM

?

pbmax
11-04-2019, 01:41 PM
?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gXY3kuDvSU

pbmax
11-04-2019, 01:46 PM
nm

hoosier
11-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Just saw this last week.

That is time well spent! :-)

pbmax
11-04-2019, 02:07 PM
That is time well spent! :-)

Turned out to be the highlight of the weekend.

"We cannot allow a mine shaft gap!"

3irty1
11-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Many reasons. The information provided allows you to filter the bullshit from the not bullshit. This is how "intuition" works. When Rodgers goes with "his gut" and spontaneously makes plays that are out of this world, we call that "improvisation". But hes able to improvise like that because hes eliminated every variable he can, with information from tape, coaching, etc...to be able to just play purely, free from "thinking". If he wasnt a sensitive guy he wouldnt be who we love. This is a skill set totally undefined, misunderstood and completely underappreciated. He's a hall of famer because of it.

I can pick a person out of a room in 30 seconds, who has these abilites and this type of awareness. And then i build relationships with these people. Its not like any of these people are special, its just that the greater masses of humanity are stuck and dont know how to use this skill. And as always, there are people that are "elite" at this, just like there are people that are elite at being physically gifted.

There is some truth here. Intuition is what you know without knowing how you know it. Really good for governing decisions in the domains it evolved to govern: leave this bar, avoid that alley, I'm being watched, I'm being followed, etc. We've all got that reptile brain AI running and it's a good idea to take it seriously. Especially in women. It's a fine line between letting millions of years of survivors bias take the wheel in a sketchy situation and being so high on your own farts that you're sure you can see peoples' souls. Something explains Aaron Rodgers though so maybe you're on to something.

QBME
11-04-2019, 02:58 PM

Y'all know where I stand on this one...:)

pbmax
11-04-2019, 03:03 PM

"Yes, but the entire point of a doomsday weapon is lost, IF YOU DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT!"

Freak Out
11-04-2019, 03:22 PM
lol @ this thread.

George Cumby
11-04-2019, 04:19 PM

Ty.

In my Defense I haven’t seen that since ~1989.

hoosier
11-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Turned out to be the highlight of the weekend.

"We cannot allow a mine shaft gap!"

"He'll....he'll....he'll see the Big Board!!!"

hoosier
11-04-2019, 08:21 PM

Yes indeed. Mein Fuhrer: I can walk!!!

australianpackerbacker
11-04-2019, 11:42 PM
There is some truth here. Intuition is what you know without knowing how you know it. Really good for governing decisions in the domains it evolved to govern: leave this bar, avoid that alley, I'm being watched, I'm being followed, etc. We've all got that reptile brain AI running and it's a good idea to take it seriously. Especially in women. It's a fine line between letting millions of years of survivors bias take the wheel in a sketchy situation and being so high on your own farts that you're sure you can see peoples' souls. Something explains Aaron Rodgers though so maybe you're on to something.

haahaha! Love the last sentence. A well studied individual. But what if the whole concept of needing to survive our fellow man were transcended in its entirety, and you could trust everyone implicitly, free from fear or worry? All im saying is, there is a skill to be had here, that can be trusted in its entirety, to provide each and all of us with wicked accurate guidance, as to the true core nature of our lives. I feel like ive tapped into that, and came out of the other side knowing that at the end of the day, there are no dramas, and everythings all good. Too much to ask from the current existential paradigm of humanness. Im always too much for most people.

australianpackerbacker
11-05-2019, 12:06 AM
no

Think about this for a second. Im not calling anyone Christian, this is just an example. We are all taught stories about who we are and what to believe. Stories are passed down from generation to generation and hardly any of them have any accuracy after even just a few generations. Think of chinese whispers. The way one mind interprets, another mind tells a different story about the same concept. But at the end of the day, we all believe em. Mostly cos the people that tell em are trusted by us without a doubt.

The thing about most religions is, they tell powerful stories about the most powerful concept known to humanity, GOD. And these stories shape our lives. Everybody wants to explain this STORY.

But the problem with LIFE is, you dont learn SHIT from stories. A story is a concept in the mind. Experience is what truly governs the EXPRESSION of all our realities, and how we relate to said realities. When in your life did someone hand you a book called the holy bible of riding bikes, you opened it, read it, and all of a sudden you KNEW how to ride a bike like a fuckon pro? NEVER. You had to get on that shit(experience), fall off a few hundred times before you could get a feel for how to do it eloquently. How much did i learn about myself when i was in college absorbing information about shit that was supposed to be relevant to my future "job", only to realize EXPERIENCE was my true teacher?

So why on earth would anybody believe that a book that was written 2000 years ago, whether it was islam, jewish, christian, hindu, gibberish...why would anyone truly waste their time, investing their time and energy into that shit? Because BELIEFS. And beliefs shape our reality and how we see the world, and beliefs, at their core, genuinely seperate ourselves from others, who also have bullshit beliefs/stories, but at the end of the day if i cut the wrists of 20 differently coloured people i would find the same shit, a beating heart and red blood. Were all the same. Its just the bullshit stories that seperate us from being totally connected.

Experience is our true teacher, when were all ready to ask the questions that weve always been afraid to ask, from an honest and genuine perspective.

red
11-05-2019, 06:15 AM

one of the greatest lines ever

red
11-05-2019, 06:17 AM

wow, that might be the most annoying movie ad ive ever seen