PDA

View Full Version : If only the Packers played Hockey

packmac
10-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I saw 3 quarters of inspired tough football. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. Something needs to happen in the Packer lockerroom during halftime. This is two weeks in a row that the Packers have come out looking FLAT through most of the third quarter. The Saints game was similar. Pack goes up by 13 and comes out after halftime with 3 and outs. Granted mistakes were made throughout the game, but both yesterday and the Eagles game, I believe, were lost in those 3rd quarters where Favre didn't seem to have much vision and the running attack was more the the running retreat (although if I recall, I don't think many running plays were called...curious as it seemed as if it was working in the first half). Conditioning maybe?? Inexperienced young players?? Or is halftime?? I'm not sure. Maybe if we win the toss we need to differ to recieve after halftime to get some offensive momentum right away...I think at this point we're starting games strong but we need to be starting second halves stronger. If the Packers could play all four quarters like they do for 3 of them we'd be 4-1, 3-2 worse case.