PDA

View Full Version : Packers' Taxi Squad

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
We debate some of the cuts that Thompson has made, but fact of the matter is that many of these guys are still available to bring back in an emergency. AFAIK, Ahmad Carroll, Vonta Leach, Jason Horton are rested and ready.

MadtownPacker
10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Well let them know they can register and post their thoughts. :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2006, 11:38 AM
their thoughts.

Fire Thompson!

Joemailman
10-09-2006, 11:41 AM
We have Favrechild and Packnut for that.

run pMc
10-10-2006, 08:36 AM
The fact that they are still on the street says something about the quality of our roster. It also shows that GB couldn't get draft picks for these players, as some have suggested we do.

I think GB was considering bringing Horton back, but it sounds like Dendy showed enough to quiet that thought for now.

I think Carroll will get a shot somewhere.
Didn't know Leach got cut...thought he was still on NO.

Harlan Huckleby
10-10-2006, 09:22 AM
I read somewhere that Leach got cut. I think NO only picked him up as temporary fill-in for injured players, NO had two fullbacks injured.

GBRulz
10-10-2006, 09:53 AM
I wonder how much Carroll's ego is deflating since nobody has picked him up yet!

Bretsky
10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Leach signed with the Texans

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Carroll signed with the Jags.

mraynrand
10-10-2006, 08:31 PM
The fact that they are still on the street says something about the quality of our roster. It also shows that GB couldn't get draft picks for these players, as some have suggested we do.

I think GB was considering bringing Horton back, but it sounds like Dendy showed enough to quiet that thought for now.

It's too bad if they don't bring back Horton. The name Horton seems to be synonymous with revolving doors (and Mike Dukakis).

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
We have Favrechild and Packnut for that.

I'm on their side as well.

Fire "the idiot" otherwise known to us as the Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson.

This Canadian Packer Fan is dowwwwnnn on Ted Thompson.

In Tarlam!'s terms...

TED THOMPSON SUCKS !

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:53 PM

It's too bad if they don't bring back Horton. The name Horton seems to be synonymous with revolving doors (and Mike Dukakis).

and Donut's....as in Tim Horton's Donuts......

a Canadian Institution. :mrgreen:

digitaldean
10-10-2006, 08:56 PM

...and Molson Golden :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Carroll signed with the Jags.

Jaguars agree to terms with CB Carroll

NFL.com wire reports

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (Oct. 10, 2006) -- Cornerback Ahmad Carroll agreed to terms with the Jacksonville Jaguars, a week after he was waived by the Green Bay Packers.

Carroll was expected to sign a contract, giving the Jaguars depth behind starters Rashean Mathis and Brian Williams, and nickel back Terry Cousin. Backup cornerback Scott Starks sprained an ankle against the New York Jets, but he wasn't expected to miss any games.

The Packers waived Carroll less than 24 hours after his inconsistent performance against Philadelphia on Oct. 2.

A 2004 first-round draft pick by Green Bay, Carroll had a sack broke up three passes and had a pass defensed . But he also got burned for two touchdowns, was flagged for pass interference and called for holding.

Jacksonville is expected to place linebacker Mike Peterson on injured reserve to make room for Carroll.

Carroll has 104 tackles, three sacks, three interceptions and 26 passes defended in 34 career games.

He also has returned 21 kickoffs for 421 yards.

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 09:04 PM

I don't believe that's available anymore digitaldean.

The popular Molson's product in Quebec would be Molson's Export Ale.

It's a good Ale as far as my taste is concerned. Smooth.

Did we just loose another game? Must have because...

DAM .... I'm pissed off. :mrgreen:

digitaldean
10-10-2006, 09:10 PM

I don't believe that's available anymore digitaldean.

The popular Molson's product in Quebec would be Molson's Export Ale.

It's a good Ale as far as my taste is concerned. Smooth.

Did we just loose another game? Must have because...

DAM .... I'm pissed off. :mrgreen:

Not sure what is targeted to us Yanks, but the one that I see more predominantly here is Molson Canadian. I've enjoyed it. How does it compare to Export Ale?

Tried Labatt's Blue a few times. Just never hit the spot like Molson.