PDA

View Full Version : Vikings looking to move up

Tony Oday
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I live in the Twin Cities and hear a lot of Viking stuff. It looks like they are either trying to get the 4th or 3rd pick to draft Hawk.

I dont see why because they need a QB but heard that rumor today.

BTW what up PR posters

MadtownPacker
03-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I live in the Twin Cities and hear a lot of queen stuff. It looks like they are either trying to get the 4th or 3rd pick to draft Hawk.

BTW what up PR posters

Whats up TD

Just like they want Packer FAs they want possible Packer draft choices. Haters!

MJZiggy
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
With that method they will screw themselves completely, thus leaving Mario to fall to us...I also read that Titans want a QB. :twisted:

Tony Oday
03-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Im all about it man. But they will not be trading away a whole draft more than likely just their 1st and both seconds.

I hope they implode this year I hate when they have a good year or beat us!

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Ain't NO way in hell the Vikings are moving up to draft Hawk. They'd have to give up multiple high picks to get up that far. To do that for a LB in a draft that is deep at LB? Not a chance in hell.

imscott72
03-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Thought this was funny enough to post..

CHILDRESS ACTS LIKE A CHILD

You'd think that Vikings coach Brad Childress has better things to do. The draft is less than a month away. Minicamps are coming up. Potential free agents are still floating around.

But yet Childress still has time to continue to pick at the scab on his butt otherwise known as Daunte Culpepper.

Although Childress previously has vowed that he was done talking about Culpepper, the rookie head coach can't help himself, it seems. This time around, Childress is dissing Daunte's decision to rehab his shredded knee in a location that, in Brad's apparent view, isn't good enough for an NFL quarterback.

"He's rehabbing in a HealthSouth place in Orlando. . . . I close my eyes. I'm seeing a Chinese restaurant, a HealthSouth place, a laundromat. Basically a strip mall that he's rehabbing himself at. And I'm thinking, what did they have in there? They had a StepMaster and some other things. In other words, all the modalities we have in our training room, all the different things [he didn't have]. . . . I just thought it would be better [to train in Minnesota]."

Childress said that, when trainer Eric Sugarman went to Florida in February to check out Culpepper's progress, the quarterback agreed to attempt some basic movement drills. To do the drills, Culpepper led Sugarman out of the rehab facility -- and into the parking lot of a Wal-Mart.

"So you can understand where I'm coming from," Childress said. "The Chinese restaurant, the laundromat, then he's in an alley, out the back door and into the Wal-Mart parking lot. I'm like, 'What's wrong with this picture?' . . . This is our franchise quarterback. . . . Is he better served here in the fieldhouse or in the Wal-Mart parking lot?"

In our view, Childress is better served shutting his yap about Culpepper, and then sticking to his vow to do so.

But, you see, the problem could be that the Triangle of Authority is feeling more than a little nervous about the possibility that Culpepper will make them look like a Circlejerk of Fools for trading him away for a second-round pick in the April draft, and so Childress naturally feels compelled to continue to explain in March, April, May, and June the basis for a decision that could end up coming off as a very bad one come September, October, November, December, January, and/or February.

Really, do you think it's a coincidence that Childress broke his promise to not say anything more about Culpepper the day after the NFL announced that Culpepper's new team will be playing in the national spotlight on the two biggest Thursdays of the league year?

We sure don't.

And we also think there's a strong correlation between a man's ability to hold his tongue and his ability to lead others effectively.

But what, you ask, should Childress have done differently? If, as it seems, Culpepper was making poor decisions about the process for rehabbing his surgically repaired knee, how should Childress have made it known?

The answer is easy, friends. The coach, or others in the organization, should have leaked the information on an off-the-record basis to the media. That way, the story would have gotten out, without Childress having to say another public word about the situation.

One last note on this. Moving forward, Childress needs to keep in mind that Culpepper is now the property of another team. Under league rules, Childress really shouldn't be saying anything at all about him. So maybe the league office will do us all a favor and remind Brad that the time has come to zip his lip regarding the guy that he traded away.

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 10:56 PM
What up Tony

I would be ecstatic if the Queens moved up to draft Hawk..We'd have a better chance at Mario then...

Scott Campbell
03-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Everytime I hear Childress open his mouth, I'm happier and happier that the Vikings hired him.

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Me too, Scott! I didn't want him in the first place. I have a buddy who is a diehard Badger football fan (grew up outside of Madison). He and his Dad just hated Childress when he was at Madison.

Somebody needs to get Rastak over here.

Bretsky
03-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Me too, Scott! I didn't want him in the first place. I have a buddy who is a diehard Badger football fan (grew up outside of Madison). He and his Dad just hated Childress when he was at Madison.

Somebody needs to get Rastak over here.

LET'S BACK UP A MOMENT BEFORE JUDGING THESE GUYS

IF WE HAD TWO CHOICES BEFORE THE PROCESS BEGAN, AND THEY WERE MM OR CHILDRESS, CAN ANYBODY HONESTLY STEP BACK AND SAY THEY'D HAVE PICKED MM ?

WE WERE ALL ON BOARD WITH BATES, FERENTZ.....BUT MM ?

TIME WILL TELL

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Quit SHOUTING at me! I can honestly say that it wasn't a given that I would have taken Childress. Actually, my Badger buddies turned me off on Childress. They didn't like him as OC at Wisconsin, and they also said he was an arrogant prick (which seems to be the case).

So, yes, I can honestly say that I probably would have taken Mike McCarthy--after reading his bio because I knew little about him.
:D

Bretsky
03-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Quit SHOUTING at me! I can honestly say that it wasn't a given that I would have taken Childress. Actually, my Badger buddies turned me off on Childress. They didn't like him as OC at Wisconsin, and they also said he was an arrogant prick (which seems to be the case).

So, yes, I can honestly say that I probably would have taken Mike McCarthy--after reading his bio because I knew little about him.
:D

BARRY Alvarez was an arrogant prick; and tell your buddy he doesn't know Jack Shit, Dumb Shit, or even Stupid Shit. Childress was an above average coach at UW.

Scott Campbell
03-31-2006, 12:10 AM
I didn't know much about him before he was hired. His last few press conferences have screamed "moron". That's a good thing Bretsky. We want him to be a moron.

MJZiggy
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
I hope he makes them wish for Tice and his extracurriculars.

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Vikings = Public Enemy #1

It's funny to see them squirm. They act all high and mighty, but what they did was no different than Seattle. Seattle had no shot at Hutchinson--unless they guaranteed his entire contract. I just wish Minnesota has more RFAs to bid on.

From Yahoo:

# It was interesting to listen to the bubbling feud between the Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings, who have engaged in a highly publicized round of free-agent warfare.

Seattle lost the transition-tagged Steve Hutchinson to the Vikings because of the use of a controversial "poison pill" in his contract that would have made his entire salary guaranteed if he wasn't the team's highest-paid offensive lineman (that was unlikely for the Seahawks since they feature All-Pro tackle Walter Jones).

Seattle responded by making a similar offer to tagged Vikings wide receiver Nate Burleson, with a trigger that would have made his entire salary guaranteed if he played more than five games in the state of Minnesota.

Clearly, the Vikings weren't all that thrilled with the taste of their own medicine.

"The first time I ever heard of a poison pill was when I got here a few months ago," new Vikings head coach Brad Childress said. "How many of you had ever heard of it? And what form it could take? When I saw the one that came back from Seattle – "plays five games in the state of Minnesota" – I go, 'That's out of the box.' I wouldn't have thought of it. Really, it's so obvious, it hits you in the nose."

Though he didn't come out and say it, Childress clearly thought the Seahawks pushed contract creativity a little far.

"All we did was get together with his agent, get together a contract and say, 'Hey, a guy has to be the highest-paid lineman on their team – Walter Jones.' We thought it was a creative (clause). But it wasn't, 'If he doesn't play a game in Alaska …' Could you have thought of something that absurd?"

Mike Holmgren's reaction?

"That was very distasteful, our having to jump into something like that and retaliate," he said.

# Childress revealed yet another chapter of the Daunte Culpepper saga with the Vikings – this one surrounding Culpepper's rehabilitation choices for his damaged knee. Childress spelled out the details of a conversation where Culpepper refused to return to Minnesota to rehabilitate his injured knee, a talk that is believed to be the breaking point between Vikings coaches and their former quarterback.

"You ask, where is he rehabbing? He's rehabbing in a HealthSouth place in Orlando," Childress said. "I close my eyes (to remember it), I'm seeing a Chinese restaurant, a HealthSouth place, a laundromat – a strip mall that he's rehabbing himself at. And I'm thinking, 'What did they have in there?' They had a stepmaster and some other things. In other words, all the modalities we have in our training room, all the different things, there are so many different things you can do. You can't accelerate that protocol, but you can be doing different things when you hit a wall, when you're sore but need to keep going."

Childress said trainer Eric Sugarman went to Florida to gauge the progress Culpepper had been making with his rehab, and he ended up doing an eyeball test in – of all places – a Wal-Mart parking lot.

"(Culpepper's) guy asked, 'Do you want to see him move around?' " Childress said. "(Sugarman) said, 'I'd love to see him move around. Will he do that?' They say, yeah. And they go into a Wal-Mart parking lot to do his movement.

"So you can understand where I'm coming from. There's the HealthSouth, the Chinese restaurant, the laundromat, here's the alley, out the backdoor and into the Wal-Mart parking lot. I'm like, 'What's wrong with this picture?' Are you with me? I'm going, come on now. Is he better served in the (Minnesota) field house or the Wal-Mart parking lot? … I think he was doing himself a disservice. I told him, I think you're doing yourself a disservice. You can do better for yourself than that."

Rastak
03-31-2006, 07:29 AM
I live in the Twin Cities and hear a lot of queen stuff. It looks like they are either trying to get the 4th or 3rd pick to draft Hawk.

BTW what up PR posters

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they moved up five spots or so to grab Ernie Sims...but I highly doubt they go as high as top 5 to get a QB. Again, maybe they would move up 5-7 spots if Cutler fell.