PDA

View Full Version : Where the packers stand....

packers11
10-09-2006, 11:43 AM
The packers are 1-4 right now and basically on the bottom of the NFL... No one thinks they can win more than 4 more games and its just another rebuilding year.....

My question is.. Suppose the packers came into the bye week at 3-2??? Would the fans/press be thinking playoff bound????

The misfortunes that the packers have suffered brought them from a 3-2 to a 1-4.... Two games can make a big difference from being on a postive note, to a very sour note.....

Even though the packers have been 1-4 in the past (very often in the past couple of years) there seems to be a bounce back.... Last time we made the playoffs we started out as 1-4...

The bounce back the Packers would have to make would be strong, but comming out , the first 3 games look like the BOTTOM of the NFL....

The games we basically gave away were to above average teams on the top of thier divison......

So in my book the packers are an average team, a team that should be 3-2, a team that has a lot of potential but is very young....

Thoughts?? Where do the packers stand in "YOUR" book?

Harlan Huckleby
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
they are playing exciting, competitive games and getting better every week.

Shoot me, I don't care much if this win or lose, they aren't a playoff team anyway.

Pacopete4
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
good points.. the pack are getting better and actually making big strides with players we dont even know. They are playing a system that is starting to fall in place and believing in it. Do i think our secondary coach should be gone? yes.. but otherwise the coaching staff has done a pretty good job with what they have and are turning rookies into good players as the season goes on.

Tony Oday
10-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Im loving this team this year. for the following reasons:

1. Jennings what a find. Game breaking WR that can take the 5 yard reception and turn it into 6 in a heartbeat!

2. Hawk and Barnett are progressing as tackling machines

3. D line is not playing bad. Throw in Freeney Next season and it is formidable(sp?)

4. Middle of the Line looks good. YAh I know they are getting help in there but just wait until they get some more exp and then we will be able to put that RB or TE out in a pattern

5. New talent everywhere on the roster

Things I dont like

1. The secondary should be a strength not a liability

2. RBs look like just guys not guys with upside

3. Favre is missing open throws he cant do that and run this offense

4. We need another WR and KoRo isnt it because he will be gone next year due to drinking

5. our secondary is so bad they get two mentions :)