PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned

Partial
10-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Kittens do not like baths or showers, and they may claw the hell out of you.

MJZiggy
10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Just wait 'til you have to give the little bugger a pill.

*sidenote: cats are self cleaning unless they get into something. And then they're still pretty much self cleaning. Now if only the litter pan were...

ahaha
10-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Another thing cats don't like, when hiding underneath your car you rev the engine. I've never seen an animal move so fast, I only saw a blur.

Partial
10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
lesson learned - do not eat 3 muffins worth of raw muffin mix. Oye!

superfan
10-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Never go cheap and buy the generic Mac and Cheese. It ain't worth it, trust me. Spend the extra dime and buy Kraft.

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Don't start up an old game (in this case Age of Conquerors), after not having played video games in months, at 11 PM when you have to get up at 6:30 AM the next day. Ugh!

Partial
10-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Don't start up an old game (in this case Age of Conquerors), after not having played video games in months, at 11 PM when you have to get up at 6:30 AM the next day. Ugh!

lol, I HATE when that happens. I do that with Madden from time to time.

Partial
10-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Never go cheap and buy the generic Mac and Cheese. It ain't worth it, trust me. Spend the extra dime and buy Kraft.

Really? I almost always buy "great value" mac n cheese and i've never had a problem. Just with the raw muffin mix.

Zool
10-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Don't start up an old game (in this case Age of Conquerors), after not having played video games in months, at 11 PM when you have to get up at 6:30 AM the next day. Ugh!LOVE this game. The British elite longbowmen are invincible.

If you have a newer system, try out Company of Heroes. Great strategy game about WW2. Not quite so much base building as AOC.

superfan
10-10-2006, 11:11 PM

Really? I almost always buy "great value" mac n cheese and i've never had a problem. Just with the raw muffin mix.

I'm about a decade out of college, so maybe they've improved the cheap stuff since my days. Nice to hear the staples haven't gone out of style, though. :D

superfan
10-10-2006, 11:13 PM

Been there, done that, many many times, and have yet to learn the lesson. Memory is short.

Partial
10-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Don't start up an old game (in this case Age of Conquerors), after not having played video games in months, at 11 PM when you have to get up at 6:30 AM the next day. Ugh!LOVE this game. The British elite longbowmen are invincible.

If you have a newer system, try out Company of Heroes. Great strategy game about WW2. Not quite so much base building as AOC.

Zool you're such a nerd!! NERD ALERT! :razz:

Zool
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Who me? No I was quoting you....err yeah thats it. Partials a Nerd...GET HIM!

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Kittens do not like baths or showers, and they may claw the hell out of you.

THE URBAN CITY KID .... ADVICE COLUMN. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 08:29 AM
It used to be I could say "it only costs 10% more to go" those days gone but...

If you ever traveland need a Rental Car.

Realize that most people are traveling "on the cheap" and therefore the popular rentals are the low end makes. These makes are not maintained as they should be and breakdown.

I found this especially true visiting Florida... where Air Conditioning is essential. Battery failure...too worn brakes..engine failure due to inproper tune-up. DAM cars that just wouldn't start.

Why? Overuse of these cheaper makes.They are consequently in demand and not maintained as well as higher quality more expensive makes.

:idea: My advice when renting a car. Look at the make and ask yourself this question: :idea:

Is that a car I could afford to drive on a daily basis? If the answer is yes... then don't rent it.

Give yourself a break and move up a class or two.

Drive a Buick...rent a Caddy.

Overall you'll be more pleased with that decision. :mrgreen:

SkinBasket
10-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Unplug you computer before installing components, especially slot-type ones. And if you think thats an electrical current you feel tingling in your fingers, don't continue to push. Turns out it's not only bad for you, but also for the component.

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Unplug you computer before installing components, especially slot-type ones. And if you think thats an electrical current you feel tingling in your fingers, don't continue to push. Turns out it's not only bad for you, but also for the component.

Excellent tip... and what about what a person may be precautioned to do whenever using a soldering iron on any PCB, skin?

Partial
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM

Excellent tip... and what about what a person may be precautioned to do whenever using a soldering iron on any PCB, skin?

not create a short circuit :wink:

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 10:08 AM

not create a short circuit :wink:

wellll ....thinking of something different.. along the lines of heat transfer from the iron and how to protect IC's... :idea: