PDA

View Full Version : Cool Story

justanotherpackfan
10-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I thought I'd share this story with you. In early August my friend sent a card to KGB to get autographed. Of course he forgot the return address and about 2 weeks later KGB called him up at around 9:30 one night and talked to him for a little while. My friend gave KGB his address and KGB sent him back the card autographed. I find it pretty cool that KGB would call him up, classy move.

HarveyWallbangers
10-09-2006, 06:50 PM
That is cool. He may be overpaid, but he seems like a solid guy. I had good experiences in the past regarding autographs with Edgar Bennett, Bryce Paup, LeRoy Butler, Brett Favre, Darrell Thompson, and even Tony Bennett (even after he had signed elsewhere).

MJZiggy
10-09-2006, 06:53 PM
In his postgame interview he said that he asked God to help us with a win. He further said that God responded with a big, fat NO.

He used that phrase more than once and I think he might have been a touch miffed at the Lord, though he'd never admit it...

Freak Out
10-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Doesn’t he do a lot of work in the community and run a charity? You have to respect someone who gives back, most folks don’t even with the time and money.

Fritz
10-09-2006, 06:55 PM
God helps those who help themselves. Maybe God thinks KGB isn't helping himself.

Still, it'd be cool to have KGB callin' up at night. You could talk about the wives and the jobs. Have a little bitch session about the bosses, you know.

Brando19
10-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I thought I'd share this story with you. In early August my friend sent a card to KGB to get autographed. Of course he forgot the return address and about 2 weeks later KGB called him up at around 9:30 one night and talked to him for a little while. My friend gave KGB his address and KGB sent him back the card autographed. I find it pretty cool that KGB would call him up, classy move.

How did KGB get your friend's phone number?

justanotherpackfan
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM

I have no idea. Probably white paged his last name or something.

BF4MVP
10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I got KGB to sign a card through the mail..He also included another signed card..

Maybe next time I won't send a self-addressed stamped envelope so he calls me :lol: :wink:

Cool story.

GBRulz
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
dayum, with that logic.... I am going to send this life sized cardboard cutout I have of favre and not put a return address on it. He can glady stop at my house on his way home to drop it off :mrgreen:

Noodle
10-09-2006, 11:47 PM

Probably from the friend's wife.