PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald out 2-5 weeks

justanotherpackfan
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
News: The struggling Arizona Cardinals lost Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald for perhaps a month or more with a hamstring injury. Fitzgerald was hurt late in the first quarter Sunday, shortly after catching a 5-yard touchdown pass from Matt Leinart. "I'd say it will be at least two weeks, two-to-five maybe, two-to-four, it's hard to say," coach Dennis Green said at his Monday news conference. "It's a real strong pull, maybe even a slight tear in there also."

Analysis: This is awful for Fitzgerald owners. He has suffered so far this season with the Cardinals quarterback situation but was still considered a No. 1 WR. Keep him reserved because of the injury and hope for a speedy return. His absence will hurt rookie quarterback Matt Leinart, but WR Anquan Boldin and the Cardinals No. 3 WR, Bryant Johnson, should benefit with Fitzgerald's absence.

Fosco33
10-09-2006, 08:00 PM
That'd help our struggling 2ndry if he misses the Packer game in 20 days (10/29).

He can get healthy right after that - just take his time doing it :cool:

justanotherpackfan
10-09-2006, 08:02 PM
That'd help our struggling 2ndry if he misses the Packer game in 20 days (10/29).

He can get healthy right after that - just take his time doing it :cool:
He's on my fantasy team. :cry: Luckily, I have Driver, Jennings, and Colston.