PDA

View Full Version : Oakland could go 0-16? Possible?

Guiness
10-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Is it possible for a team to go 0-16? It would be damn hard, but Oakland seems to be up to the task. Losing big to SF is hard to do!

They do have Arizona and Houston at home, but they aren't push overs. And a half empty stadium in Orange county doesn't give them much advantage.

Detroit and Tennessee have the same record, of course, but have shown signs of life. Don't want any complaining about poll options though, so they're added.

GrnBay007
10-10-2006, 06:59 AM
This has to be very rough on the Moss Ego!

Lurker64
10-10-2006, 07:13 AM
This has to be very rough on the Moss Ego!

On the other hand, it will probably make Jerry Porter very happy.

KYPack
10-10-2006, 07:18 AM
I'd figure a couple - 3 games all at home basically.

1 or 2 division games and Hou or AZ.

2 - 14 gets 'em the top pick in the 07 draft.

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2006, 08:37 AM
It's possible, but I'm guessing it won't happen this year.

ahaha
10-10-2006, 11:06 AM
What a bust Robert Gallery has turned out to be. The pundits like to say drafting a highly touted LT is the safest thing to do with a high pick(#2 overall). Ha! This guy would be considered another Mandarich if he'd been on the cover of SI, and three hall of fame calibur players were drafted behind him. Of course Mandarich actually had some mediocre seasons later in his career. Gallery looks like he'll be out of the league in a couple of years.

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 11:41 AM
What a bust Robert Gallery has turned out to be. The pundits like to say drafting a highly touted LT is the safest thing to do with a high pick(#2 overall). Ha! This guy would be considered another Mandarich if he'd been on the cover of SI, and three hall of fame calibur players were drafted behind him. Of course Mandarich actually had some mediocre seasons later in his career. Gallery looks like he'll be out of the league in a couple of years.

Yes.

I was checking out a Raider fans board prior to the completion of OUR TC, in regards to watching the Jerry Porter thing.

Raider fans are majorly disappointed (to completely fed up with) Robert Gallery.

Raider fans arn't as passive/patient as Packer fans.

I have the feeling. That if they had the issues that we are experiencing as Packer fans ( particularly seeing OUR team ripped apart by a GM and HC that havn't " the balls" to admit their deceit... "of not re-building ") there would be pandamonium.

Especially giving now, that since GM Ted Thompson was hired by Bob Harlan we are an ugly... 5W - 16L for a losing percentage of 0.238.

I am in shock, that OUR wanna be GM Ted Thompson hasn't been FIRED !

I can't wait till that FIRING is announced as a reality. Every loss by OUR team further enrages me.

What a joyous day that will be for this Packer fan. The day that I learn that Ted Thompson has finally been FIRED !! :mrgreen:

FIRE TED THOMPSON ... NOW !! PLEASE !!!

It's time "for a Management by Committee " approach... before this idiot takes us so far to the pits we won't recover for 2 decades.

Most of you seem frozen, actually believe that things are OK, or will be OK.

I can inform you that my experience in life and my foresight based on who I am... SCREAMS AT ME... that YOU are deluded, if you really have faith in Ted Thompson ...believe he's the answer. Your wrong.

It's ridiculous to hold that false faith, especially given "the Packer results"... under this clown.

Outside of the draft what has he brought to us?

Even that he's tossed to the wind.

Packer fans.This idiot has no management skills. He has no people skills.He's your worst nightmare, and it's all over you and you just watch him ruin my beloved team.

:idea: PLEASE GET REAL. :idea:

SUPPORT... FIRING TED THOMPSON !!

Tony Oday
10-10-2006, 01:13 PM

Yes.

I was checking out a Raider fans board prior to the completion of OUR TC, in regards to watching the Jerry Porter thing.

Raider fans are majorly disappointed (to completely fed up with) Robert Gallery.

I have the feeling. That if they had the issues that we are experiencing as Packer fans ( particularly seeing OUR team ripped apart by a GM and HC that havn't " the balls" to admit their deceit... "of not re-building ") there would be pandamonium.

Especially giving now, that since GM Ted Thompson was hired by Bob Harlan we are an ugly... 5W - 16L for a losing percentage of 0.238.

I can't wait till that FIRING is announced as a reality. Every loss by OUR team further enrages me.

What a joyous day that will be for this Packer fan. The day that I learn that Ted Thompson has finally been FIRED !! :mrgreen:

It's time "for a Management by Committee " approach... before this idiot takes us so far to the pits we won't recover for 2 decades.

I can inform you that my experience in life and my foresight based on who I am... SCREAMS AT ME... that YOU are deluded, if you really have faith in Ted Thompson ...believe he's the answer. Your wrong.

It's ridiculous to hold that false faith, especially given "the Packer results"... under this clown.

Packer fans.This idiot has no management skills. He has no people skills.He's your worst nightmare, and it's all over you and you just watch him ruin my beloved team.

Huh? I will have to go to a billy madison quote here, "at no time in your rambling incoherrent statement did you ever come close to anything that can be considered a rational thought, I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Good fricken lord great teams are not built in a season. See the Dallas franchise, Bears, bungles, Patriots, carolina the list goes on. There is not one team that goes out and spends a shit load of money to win a Super Bowl. This isnt baseball.

Chubbyhubby
10-10-2006, 05:11 PM

Yes.

Huh? I will have to go to a billy madison quote here, "at no time in your rambling incoherrent statement did you ever come close to anything that can be considered a rational thought, I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Good fricken lord great teams are not built in a season. See the Dallas franchise, Bears, bungles, Patriots, carolina the list goes on. There is not one team that goes out and spends a shit load of money to win a Super Bowl. This isnt baseball.

Your right even the "beloved" Yankees (Yea Right) fell on their collective assses this post-season.

Guiness
10-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Reviving the thread; Tennesee and Detroit both won this week-end.

There can only be one!

mmmdk
10-16-2006, 01:52 AM
What kinda question is this anyway? Will the Packers go 1-15 ? Not likely. Is it glee? Geez, such things sometimes come back to haunt you.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Here in raider land there is much concern from fans and the media that they might lay an egg for the season. Nothing to be happy about unless you have dealt with raider fans daily. :twisted:

ahaha
10-16-2006, 10:05 AM
The Raiders are an awful team, but eventually they will squeek a victory out. They played a strong Denver team on the road and kept it close to the end. The question about whether they'll go winless shouldn't be asked until they're 0-11 or 0-12.

Guiness
10-17-2006, 08:16 AM
What kinda question is this anyway? Will the Packers go 1-15 ? Not likely. Is it glee? Geez, such things sometimes come back to haunt you.

I think it's an interesting question because no one's ever done it in the Super Bowl era. It's arguably as hard as going undefeated - I think the team is very devoid of talent, and that it's actually possible.

They've got as tough a schedule as anyone the rest of the way, and are showing no signs of life. I start this poll on a lark, but am getting more convinced.

MJZiggy
10-17-2006, 08:24 AM
We'll see what happens if teams start to look past them and they get hungry enough...

ahaha
10-23-2006, 10:46 AM
How about those Raiders, dominating a Cardinals team that should have beat the Bears?

mmmdk
10-23-2006, 02:08 PM

I think it's an interesting question because no one's ever done it in the Super Bowl era. It's arguably as hard as going undefeated - I think the team is very devoid of talent, and that it's actually possible.

They've got as tough a schedule as anyone the rest of the way, and are showing no signs of life. I start this poll on a lark, but am getting more convinced.

So the question is...will the Packers be guaranteed a win over Cardinals now that the not-so-winless-Raiders beat the Cards? Packers are under pressure vs Cardinals :wink: That's not how NFL is, as of today, winless teams for a whole season is a longshot.

Sparkey
10-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Everyone is insulting the 76 Buccaneers by thinking that another NFL team could ever come close to their pathetic season.

Truly a record that most likely will never be matched.