PDA

View Full Version : The San Francisco 49ers Draft Discussion

Partial
04-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Lets Discuss San Fran since they made some interesting moves and we've discussed the Packers to death.

I personally think they may be tooling up to make a run at the number 1 pick. The trade with Denver looks pretty bad because this draft is especially deep on the first day. Assuming this draft is deeper than usual in the bottom end of the first day, one could reasonably argue that even though the point system calculations cancelled out, that the Broncos got the better deal.

It's really up in the air and they are in an interesting spot. They could stand pat, take Vernon Davis and another impact player.

They could trade up and get the premier player of the draft, spark enthusiasm throughout the area, and make a ton of revenue money, add a comfort zone for their young quarterback, and add the most hyped prospect to enter the draft since peyton manning.

They could trade down with the broncos(again) or any other team looking for Vernon Davis. They have so many holes to fill that they could add even more picks then they originally had in the first day of the draft, and add 4-5 starters on the first day alone.

Interesting stuff. Quite honestly they have the most interesting draft in the NFL I think.

ND72
04-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I think SF has targeted a top player, Davis, Hawk, Williams, Huff at the #6 spot, and want a CB with the #22 spot. they would be able to probably move up to the #1 spot, but from what i read, because they traded away their #2 and #3 pick, they'd HAVE to trade next year's #1 along with the 2 #1's this year in order to get into the #1 position...and since SF will be bad again next year, i can't see them morgaging their future. I could see them move to the #2 spot, which would take the 2 #1's...especially if the TExans DON'T take Bush.

Tarlam!
04-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I believe the Texans would love to get outta the #1, but, do they wanna drop as far as 6?

I don't think so. I don't buy all this hype around Mario. I say he goes at #4 to the Jets.

I think San Fran must be doing something, though. And lord knows, they need even more help than we do!

BooHoo
04-20-2006, 01:07 PM
I believe the Texans would love to get outta the #1, but, do they wanna drop as far as 6?

I don't think so. I don't buy all this hype around Mario. I say he goes at #4 to the Jets.

I think San Fran must be doing something, though. And lord knows, they need even more help than we do!

The 49ers look bad again this year. Expect no more than 5 wins regardless of who they select.

swede
04-21-2006, 07:34 AM
How 'bout we send them Javon Walker for their next year's first. :smile: