PDA

View Full Version : You're TT.....who do you cut next?

Iron Mike
10-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Feel free to add your own :cool:

Iron Mike
10-10-2006, 07:59 AM
HAHAHA! Turd Ferguson
http://www.fakenews.net/archive/impressions/i/jeopardy_97_05_10_d.jpg

I kill myself! :lol:

Bretsky
10-10-2006, 08:07 AM
One could argue the Fraud Ferguson has accomplished LESS than Carroll every time he's been given the opportunity

chewy-bacca
10-10-2006, 08:35 AM
HAHAHA! Turd Ferguson
http://www.fakenews.net/archive/impressions/i/jeopardy_97_05_10_d.jpg

I kill myself! :lol:

funny name. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I don't want any of these guys cut. How about none of the above. KoRo will be lost for the year. We're going to need Ferguson at some point on offense and he can be used on special teams.

Green Bud Packer
10-10-2006, 09:05 AM
once again wallbanger is the voice of reason. why would you cut any of these guys at this point of the season?poppinga is starting, taylor is a solid back-up, fergie is a decent #4 wr, martin is replacable but who would you replace him with this far into it, and morency is a good back going thru a ruff time.i think this kid will be a player, he just needs to get situated with this team.

Harlan Huckleby
10-10-2006, 09:13 AM
come on. the obvious most expendable player is William Henderson.

None of the guys you list is even close to being cut.

FavreChild
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
The question is not who do you WANT to get get, but who WILL get cut.

Unless, of course, you're running a poll on behalf of TT to see how he can curry favor with the public and distract the fans from other problems with the team.

cheese_man
10-10-2006, 11:43 AM
theres no reason fergy should be cut because you need 4 wide outs and hes a good fourth Receiver

Chubbyhubby
10-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Does anyone really believe the Packers will win over 4 games this year? The whole Defense is butter there is no end in sight. This team needs a serious change and that starts at the top. I will stand to my prediction of 3-13 this year.

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 12:09 PM
It's way to obvious who should be cut.

FIRED !!

His name is Ted Thompson.

If anyone isn't noticing it. Ted Thompson's record is only 5 wins and now ... a whomping 16 LOSS's... NOT PERFORMING as OUR GM.

Ted Thompson is "off the shelf BAD" as "a wanna be GM" of OUR team.

Ted Thompson has to be FIRED ASAP !

Chubbyhubby
10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
You missed one #22 Manual he is poor at coverage and gets beat constantly also "i need to grab a Jersey" Harris. It seems thats the only way he can cover!

BooHoo
10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
It's way to obvious who should be cut.

FIRED !!

His name is Ted Thompson.

If anyone isn't noticing it. Ted Thompson's record is only 5 wins and now ... a whomping 16 LOSS's... NOT PERFORMING as OUR GM.

Ted Thompson is "off the shelf BAD" as "a wanna be GM" of OUR team.

Ted Thompson has to be FIRED ASAP !

At this point, I do not think that is a possibility. He is solid until the offseason. Even then it would seem impossible for the Pack to axe him.

Freak Out
10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Cut? Hell...how about signed! Do we even have a full roster anymore?

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes. The last roster spot was filled when we resigned Tracy White We do have a spot open on the practice squad, though and 6 on IR.

Lurker64
10-10-2006, 01:16 PM

I'm honestly not convinced that Sherman as a GM would have done any better than Thompson. Furthermore, if you'll note of those 16 losses the Packers have been very much in the game for 2.5 of the losses this year (St. Louis, New Orleans, and Philly for the first half) and 8 of the losses last year (Cleveland, Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota twice, Philly, and one of the Chicago games were all decided by a touchdown or less, the Pittsburgh game was close except for a few crucial miscues by the offense.)

Which means that of the sixteen losses you mentioned, by my reckoning the Packers have been only really overmatched in about 6 of those games. The remaining 10 games were definitely winnable. You can't blame the GM if the team consistently loses close winnable games. Accountability for that comes from coaching and the people who actually play on the field. Last year's team was severely hurt by injuries and the complete lack of quality depth which predates Thompson's tenure. This year's team is smitten by Rookie coaching, and historically Rookie coaches have almost never done well in their first year; short of blaming him for firing Sherman you can't pin that on Thompson. Thompson has made mistakes, but you're drastically oversimplifying if you blame everything that's gone wrong on him.

Thompson has not done a horrible job at GM. His first draft is still up in the air, it will look nice if Rodgers pans out. His second draft has the potential to be excellent. Furthermore, he's done a very good job turning around the cap situation, we were in dire straights when he came in. It remains to be seen what he will do with his excellent cap situation next year, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't make an incredible splash in free agency this summer, but seriously which of the "high priced" free agents that make front pages on ESPN.com have made a serious impact with their new team? By my count it's "Hutchinson, and not a lot else." I dare say that many of the other "big ticket" free agent signings haven't seriously outperformed Charles Woodson at this point. Despite our Maddenesque mindset, free agency is not a panacea.

I'm not saying that he's the greatest GM to walk the earth, but he appears to have done a decent job coming into a poor situation (the playoff game against Mn really showed that we had no quality depth at any position to speak of) and probably at least ranks in the middle of the pack of NFL general managers.

FavreChild
10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Cut? Hell...how about signed! Do we even have a full roster anymore?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

That's exactly the point - TT has us so distracted playing the blame game and figuring out who to cut next. That's the easy way out.

Iron Mike
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
You missed one--Al "I need to grab a Jersey" Harris. It seems thats the only way he can cover!

*nodsnodsnodsnods*

Packnut
10-10-2006, 02:18 PM

I'm honestly not convinced that Sherman as a GM would have done any better than Thompson. Furthermore, if you'll note of those 16 losses the Packers have been very much in the game for 2.5 of the losses this year (St. Louis, New Orleans, and Philly for the first half) and 8 of the losses last year (Cleveland, Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota twice, Philly, and one of the Chicago games were all decided by a touchdown or less, the Pittsburgh game was close except for a few crucial miscues by the offense.)

Which means that of the sixteen losses you mentioned, by my reckoning the Packers have been only really overmatched in about 6 of those games. The remaining 10 games were definitely winnable. You can't blame the GM if the team consistently loses close winnable games. Accountability for that comes from coaching and the people who actually play on the field. Last year's team was severely hurt by injuries and the complete lack of quality depth which predates Thompson's tenure. This year's team is smitten by Rookie coaching, and historically Rookie coaches have almost never done well in their first year; short of blaming him for firing Sherman you can't pin that on Thompson. Thompson has made mistakes, but you're drastically oversimplifying if you blame everything that's gone wrong on him.

Thompson has not done a horrible job at GM. His first draft is still up in the air, it will look nice if Rodgers pans out. His second draft has the potential to be excellent. Furthermore, he's done a very good job turning around the cap situation, we were in dire straights when he came in. It remains to be seen what he will do with his excellent cap situation next year, but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't make an incredible splash in free agency this summer, but seriously which of the "high priced" free agents that make front pages on ESPN.com have made a serious impact with their new team? By my count it's "Hutchinson, and not a lot else." I dare say that many of the other "big ticket" free agent signings haven't seriously outperformed Charles Woodson at this point. Despite our Maddenesque mindset, free agency is not a panacea.

I'm not saying that he's the greatest GM to walk the earth, but he appears to have done a decent job coming into a poor situation (the playoff game against Mn really showed that we had no quality depth at any position to speak of) and probably at least ranks in the middle of the pack of NFL general managers.

Not done a horrible job at GM? Let's see, he's brought in

Arturo Freeman
Klemm
The other guard- I forget his name
Manuel
Morency- can't hold onto the ball.

These are just a few. names. He trades our ONLY deep threat due to money yet gives guys like Woodson and Manuel huge contracts. We have a converted TE playing guard who costs us a game. We really have no back-up RB to Green that can be COUNTED on. C'mon the guy has had 2 yrs and his player evaluation sucks!

mraynrand
10-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I say cut Favre. Everyone knows that it was Favre, and Favre ALONE, who lost the game for the Pack on Sunday. Where's the accountability. Carroll got cut because he kept putting the wrong number of players on the field, so Favre ought to get cut for losing the game.

Collins could be cut also, since he gave up 2-3 huge plays against N.O. - two for T.D.s and another that led to a quick TD. Have to have that all-important accountability.

Didn't Hawk drop a sure INT. Cut him too. Same for Woodson and Harris. ACCOUNTABILITY!

billy_oliver880
10-10-2006, 05:09 PM
What is Ben Taylor doing that is so bad? :neutral:

SD GB fan
10-10-2006, 06:17 PM

cos hes only sitting on his ass during the games while brady poppinga gets burned over and over.

billy_oliver880
10-10-2006, 06:18 PM

cos hes only sitting on his ass during the games while brady poppinga gets burned over and over.

Makes sense to cut him then. :crazy:

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I say cut Favre. Everyone knows that it was Favre, and Favre ALONE, who lost the game for the Pack on Sunday. Where's the accountability. Carroll got cut because he kept putting the wrong number of players on the field, so Favre ought to get cut for losing the game.

Collins could be cut also, since he gave up 2-3 huge plays against N.O. - two for T.D.s and another that led to a quick TD. Have to have that all-important accountability.

Didn't Hawk drop a sure INT. Cut him too. Same for Woodson and Harris. ACCOUNTABILITY!

Why do you take your intelligence and turn it into a sham? What you post here is nonsense mraynrand. Your better than that.

If your not seruous why disappoint us? Disappoint us with baloney? Is that who YOU are?

I TRUST NOT.

Respect yourself PLEASE, mraynrand. :cool:

mraynrand
10-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Why do you take your intelligence and turn it into a sham.What you post here is nonsense mraynrand. Your better than that.

If your not seruous why disappoint us? Disappoint us with baloney? Is that who YOU are?

I TRUST NOT.

Gee woody, I didn't know you were counting on me to stay sane. laid the sarcasm on a little thick, didn't I. Maybe TT will cut me.

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM

He's done nothing bad but here are his numbers in 2006.

Defensive Stats
Year Team.. G.. Total Tkl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
06 Packers. 4..... 7... 6.0 1.... 0...... 0.. 0......0......0.......0

He hasn't been able to show himself because of a coaching decision to utilize Brady Poppinga at SAM.

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM

Why do you take your intelligence and turn it into a sham.What you post here is nonsense mraynrand. Your better than that.

I TRUST NOT.

Gee woody, I didn't know you were counting on me to stay sane. laid the sarcasm on a little thick, didn't I. Maybe TT will cut me.

I didn't see your face when you posted that mraynrand. :mrgreen:

superfan
10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Great nicknames, Iron Mike.

The sad truth is that the GM really shouldn't be cutting anybody at this point, since at this point in the season you pretty much have to play the cards you've chosen. Injuries will undoubtedly continue throughout the season, so we should be thinking more about who we should add than who we should cut.

Still, it's fun to speculate.

oregonpackfan
10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
[quote="mraynrand"]I say cut Favre. Everyone knows that it was Favre, and Favre ALONE, who lost the game for the Pack on Sunday. Where's the accountability. Carroll got cut because he kept putting the wrong number of players on the field, so Favre ought to get cut for losing the game.

It has been said by footbally analysts wiser than me that "Quarterbacks get too much credit when the team is doing well and too much blame when the team is doing poorly."

I am a true advocate of that statement. The sport is a TEAM effort not relegated to just one individual. Favre is just 1 of 22 starters and 1 of 53 players.

Many other players had critical blown plays. Jennings and Robinson dropped passes right in their hands. Harris and Hawk dropped defended passes they should have caught for an interception.

On the play where Favre had the ball knocked from his hand was due to a missed block by the O-line.

Favre certainly bears part of the blame. He had several badly thrown balls to missed receivers. He did not see an open Bubba Franks standing in the end zone. He should not, however, bear the chief burden for the loss.

It was a team loss, not an individual loss.

OPF

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Even though you quoted sarcasm, OPF, t was still a point well made.