PDA

View Full Version : SONY PlayStation 3 price and release date have been revealed

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 08:03 AM
SONY PlayStation 3 price and release date have been revealed.

Sony Computer Entertainment also announced several new PlayStation 3 titles, and they gave gamers a sneak peak on how the PSP will interface with several next generation titles.

http://video.sympatico.msn.com/v/en-ca/v.htm?
t=c1445&f=37/81&p=encaentertainment_encae3

Link includes:

** An Audience with Canada's Xbox 360 Guru (Canada's answer to Bill Gates/Peter Moore)

Jason Anderson, head of marketing for Xbox Canada gave us the inside scoop on Microsoft's Xbox 360 plans here in Canada. He also shared his thoughts on which games he thinks Canadian gamers should be on the look out for in the coming months, including a few made in Canada masterpieces.

** Microsoft E3 Press Conference

Microsoft founder Bill Gates showed up at the Microsoft E3 press conference at E3. He gave the state of the Xbox address and he made some significant announcements about how he sees the Xbox 360.

** Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Coming for the PlayStation 3

Assassin's Creed, a new game for the PlayStation 3 from Ubisoft's Montreal studio is in the running for game of the 2006 E3 show.

If you thought Prince of Persia was incredible, wait until we give you the inside scoop on this incredible game. Several key members of the Prince of Persia team are working on this title.

ahaha
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Watch out for Nintendo. The Wie will be much cheaper and comes out in November. All reports I've read say the new controls are incredible and the games take full advantage. Plus, "The Legend of Zelda" is the best video game series ever!

Partial
10-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Watch out for Nintendo. The Wie will be much cheaper and comes out in November. All reports I've read say the new controls are incredible and the games take full advantage. Plus, "The Legend of Zelda" is the best video game series ever!

I REALLY REALLY want a Wii for Christmas. That thing is so cool!

CyclonePackFan
10-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I think the PS3/Wii argument is best summed up here:

(note-to get rid of the title bar click on the orange YTMND logo on the top left of your browser)

http://makeadecisiondamnyou.ytmnd.com/

...also, I've been dying to play Zelda with the Wii controller ever since I heard of it...hell, I've been dying for interactive sword motion since I played the original Zelda back in the late 1980's....

SkinBasket
10-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I've been dying for interactive sword motion since I played the original Zelda back in the late 1980's....

I bet you have.

red
10-10-2006, 04:05 PM
the wii controler is the dumbest thing i've ever seen.

if i'm sitting on my ass playing a video game, the last thing i want to be doing is waving my arms and hands around like a jackass making my arms dead tired

i'm sure people will have fun with it at first, but i bet it won't be too long before people are screaming for something normal

ahaha
10-10-2006, 05:57 PM
if i'm sitting on my ass playing a video game, the last thing i want to be doing is waving my arms and hands around like a jackass making my arms dead tired

I'm not too worried, my right arm and hand are well practiced. :mrgreen:

billy_oliver880
10-10-2006, 05:58 PM

LOL...I am pretty lazy too. :lol:

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
the wii controler is the dumbest thing i've ever seen.

i'm sure people will have fun with it at first, but i bet it won't be too long before people are screaming for something normal

red... your certainly down to earth.

bahhhh humbug sorta fella? :mrgreen:

ImMrPete
10-11-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm not going to get a ps3. I just can't justify spending 500-600 bucks on a gaming system. Maybe after they have a price drop. I'd still rather get a ps3 over an xbox tho.

I'll stick to my pc and get a Wii.

GBRulz
10-11-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm not a gamer by any means, unless "The Sims" counts...lol...anyhow, with the prices on these video consoles, it seems to me that they are catering to adults with these kinds of prices. Am I right? I mean, not too many parents can afford to go out and spend $500 on a game system for their kids, so I don't understand why they are making them so expensive.

One has to wonder if PS3 has priced itself right out of the market.

BallHawk
10-11-2006, 05:52 PM
I might get a PS3 in about a year when the price drops. I spent $400 on a premium package Xbox 360. I spent about 14 hours camping infront of Best Buy to get one. The Wii I will get surely. $250 bucks for the system, a controller, and Wii sports is no problem for me. My brother and I are pulling together B-Day Money to buy it.

ImMrPete
10-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm not a gamer by any means, unless "The Sims" counts...lol...anyhow, with the prices on these video consoles, it seems to me that they are catering to adults with these kinds of prices. Am I right? I mean, not too many parents can afford to go out and spend $500 on a game system for their kids, so I don't understand why they are making them so expensive.

One has to wonder if PS3 has priced itself right out of the market.

You'd think that kids wouldn't be able to afford the systems. However whenever I play my xbox or play a friends xbox 360 I run into 10-14 year olds who call me a "n!gger". For some reason xbox live is the home to the most racist people I have ever herd. The only thing I hear is swearing and racist comments. It's not worth my time. Most pc games have older people playing. Yes there are idiots there too. Just not as many.

I think that the ps3 did price itself out of the market. Remember the 3D0? It was light years more powerful than anything on the market at it's time. Never got off the ground due to it's price. Sony is overestimating it's blueray format. There just isn't an demand for 1080p movies. How many people actually have a 1080p tv?

Also the comments coming from sony are silly

"People would buy the PS3 even if no games came out with it."

sure buddy

red
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
the price point for the ps3 is insane, but there are more then enough parents out there willing to buy one for their kids at any price

i like what the guy from nintendo said. why buy a ps3, when you can get a 360 and a wii for the same price?