PDA

View Full Version : NAme one good and one bad

Tony Oday
10-10-2006, 01:04 PM
thing you think this year about the Packers. JUST ONE OF EACH! ;)

Good: Offensive line's progression

Bad: Secondary that has trouble covering any WR that has at least two hands and two legs.

GBRulz
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Agreed about the OL starting to come together.....

I have been very unhappy about the halftime adjustments. Is it physically impossible for this team to play FOUR quarters of football instead of two?

Iron Mike
10-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Good: Philbin

Bad: Schottenheimer

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Good: Brett's playing much more disciplined football, resulting in far fewer interceptions and some awesome receptions

Bad: Communication and individual mistakes are killing us.

Lurker64
10-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Bad: The present looks ugly. 1-4, and this team has shown very little ability to win close winnable games.

Good: The future looks bright. The Packers are in a good cap situation, they have a lot of youth at many postions (by my count we have had five rookies start this year, this is bad for now but will be very good later) which if it pans out will at least give the Packers quality depth to the point where a few key free agents or quality draft picks will make a big difference positively and the team can absorb injuries here and there without making a big positive difference. McCarthy talks a good game and seems to have the right idea of things, and we finally saw the ZBS start to work in the last game against St. Louis. Our coaches are rookies so we can't expect much out of them this year, but I've seen enough from most of them that I feel comfortable expecting good things next year.

Packnut
10-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Good: the grass at Lambeau realy looks good.

Bad: TT

Badgepack
10-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Good: Jennings
Bad: Lucky breaks

Murphy37
10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Good-Jennings
Bad-Manual

Fosco33
10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Good - Revived defensive line and linebackers through FA resigns and draft

Bad - ZBS. The Oline hasn't mastered the cutblock. Najeh and Gado couldn't figure out the scheme (one cut and up). Green, Morency and Herron look like fumbling triplets - each with some success/failure though. TT axed Leach and demoted Big Will (ZBS/age/talent) for Miree or a TE.

Freak Out
10-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Good - Jennings.

Bad - Favre. Hard for me to say that but I have seen more high throws and missed recievers than I ever thought I would.

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Good: Wells
Bad: Poppinga

Joemailman
10-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Good: Draft picks from first 3 rounds

Bad: Fumbling Running Backs

ahaha
10-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Good: Rookie starters playing well

Bad: Veterens on a downslide( Franks, Harris, Clifton, Henderson, KGB)

Lurker64
10-10-2006, 05:56 PM
I just wanted to add one more good thing: Is anybody else really impressed with how Moll has stepped up? I for one had him totally pegged as a project and was very surprised that he went as high as he did. I recall things like "Ted, that's what undrafted free agency is for" being bandied about after he was drafted. But he's been thrust into the heart of it and by and large he's impressed me so far. He's still clearly a rookie and not a world beater yet, but he's done an impressive job after moving from TE to OG in two years time. Definitely looks like a good value pick at this point.

One more bad thing to make up for it: We're really weak at RB at this point, and given M3's apparent commitment to the run (at least in principle) this is a bad way to be. None of these guys look like the answer for the future, and to be really solid we don't just need one stud RB (in principle available from the draft or free agency) we need a stable of reliable guys. We're going to need a lot more depth here than we have, and that's hard to build in a hurry.

BooHoo
10-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Good: Not losing every game.

Bad: Not winning every game.

superfan
10-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Good -- The special teams looked dire going into the season, but Rayner and Ryan have performed rather well overall.

Bad -- There's more to football than kicking and punting.

woodbuck27
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
thing you think this year about the Packers. JUST ONE OF EACH! ;)

Good: Offensive line's progression

**** Bad: Secondary that has trouble covering any WR that has at least two hands and two legs. ****

That's 4 Star's...FOUR STAR's ... for the category known as :

HONESTY :mrgreen:

Partial
10-10-2006, 09:31 PM
I just wanted to add one more good thing: Is anybody else really impressed with how Moll has stepped up? I for one had him totally pegged as a project and was very surprised that he went as high as he did. I recall things like "Ted, that's what undrafted free agency is for" being bandied about after he was drafted. But he's been thrust into the heart of it and by and large he's impressed me so far. He's still clearly a rookie and not a world beater yet, but he's done an impressive job after moving from TE to OG in two years time. Definitely looks like a good value pick at this point.

One more bad thing to make up for it: We're really weak at RB at this point, and given M3's apparent commitment to the run (at least in principle) this is a bad way to be. None of these guys look like the answer for the future, and to be really solid we don't just need one stud RB (in principle available from the draft or free agency) we need a stable of reliable guys. We're going to need a lot more depth here than we have, and that's hard to build in a hurry.

Not to rain on your parade, but I think the switch to the zone blocking scheme was to eliminate the need to have incredible depth at running back. I could run for 1000 yards behind the Broncos line, and I think that is what they are trying to establish here as well.

oregonpackfan
10-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Good: Finally having a coach and GM who are willing to get rid of high draft picks who are not making the grade: i.e. Ahmad Carroll and B.J. Sander.

Bad: Seeing the Packers on to their second consecutive losing season. Something that hasn't happened since the 80's.

OPF

FavreChild
10-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Good: no finger-pointing by the players, who are undoubtedly frustrated.

Bad: finger-pointing by "management."

BEARMAN
10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Good: GB is still losing !

Bad: Farve is still playing.

GO BEARS !

Bretsky
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Good: Wells, Jennings, Ryan, and Rayner

Bad : Sanders, Schottenheimer, Ferguson, and Bubba Franks

superfan
10-11-2006, 01:39 AM

15 yards for cheating, Bretsky. The initial post called for one of each. :D

Completely accurate on all of these, though.

Tony Oday
10-11-2006, 09:33 AM

15 yards for cheating, Bretsky. The initial post called for one of each. :D

Completely accurate on all of these, though.

Agreed. You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul!

hurleyfan
10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Good:

Favre / White / Chmura / Butler and the winning front office / scouting dept from the mid 90's

Bad:

Favre and what's left of a very nice run! Poor selection of GM/Coach + a suspect scouting dept = poor drafts + poor talent = no play makers to get Favre and the Pack to another superbowl.. (can we say rebuilding?)

hurleyfan
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Good: GB is still losing !

Bad: Favre is still playing.

GO BEARS !

Good: Favre IS still playing

Bad: da bears fans still come to Packer web sites!

GBRulz
10-11-2006, 09:24 PM

HA ! I guess I don't understand that one. I would have no desire to go to another teams site at all.

hurleyfan
10-11-2006, 09:27 PM

HA ! I guess I don't understand that one. I would have no desire to go to another teams site at all.

I guess that's what makes it bad in my mind.. Can't understand why they come here :crazy:

BEARMAN
10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Cos you guys(and gals) are so nice to us, and you make us feel so welcome here. Please don'y hurt our felling and ask us to leave, ... :cry:

GO BEARS !

GrnBay007
10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Cos you guys(and gals) are so nice to us, and you make us feel so welcome here. Please don'y hurt our felling and ask us to leave, ... :cry:

GO BEARS !

I think Bearman just wants that SB win w/ the bears and then he plans to convert to the Green and Gold!! :razz:

SudsMcBucky
10-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Good: Jennings' development

Bad: Our DB's are terrible. Harris wanted a pay raise? Woodson got a pay raise? Eeeks!

GoPack06
10-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Good - Rayner hitting 54 yard field goals and putting kick offs in the end zone.

Bad - The D giving up to many big plays and not catching INT's when there thrown at your chest.

mmmdk
10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Good: All the great young guys like Hawk, Wells, Jennings, Colledge, Spitz, Jenkins and Rayner. Add other young good prospects like Collins, Moll, Hodge, Ryan, Herron, Underwood, Jolly and Hunter.

Bad: Packers are 7-13 at Lambeau the last 2 years incl. playoffs, that's only a .35% win percentage. Awful, just awful (say it with a New Jersey accent).

mngolf19
10-12-2006, 12:57 PM

GO BEARS !

I think Bearman just wants that SB win w/ the bears and then he plans to convert to the Green and Gold!! :razz:

I thought that was why I was here? :razz: Minus the Bears part.

MJZiggy
10-12-2006, 01:14 PM
So...MN... this means you're converting after the season?

wist43
10-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Good: Jennings and Favre

Bad: Everything else - especially Schottenheimer... this is a bad football team, and bad football teams find ways to lose.

wist43
10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
I thought of one more good:

The Packers aren't the worst team in the league - Oakland and Tennessee are worse.

BEARMAN
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I think Bearman just wants that SB win w/ the bears and then he plans to convert to the Green and Gold!! :razz:[/quote]
Yes, Yes, YES, I want the SB ! , ..... but, .....

No, No, NO ! It is the other way around, by the end of this season you will be converted to DA BEARS navy Blue & burnt Orange !

"Geen and Gold" ? I thought is was Piss yellow and Mold green ? :shock:

Now, taking relief in the fact that you team is not the "worst" team in the NFL is, .......... well, ..... sad. :roll:

GO BEARS !

packers11
10-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, Yes, YES, I want the SB ! , ..... but, .....

No, No, NO ! It is the other way around, by the end of this season you will be converted to DA BEARS navy Blue & burnt Orange !

"Geen and Gold" ? I thought is was Piss yellow and Mold green ? :shock:

Now, taking relief in the fact that you team is not the "worst" team in the NFL is, .......... well, ..... sad. :roll:

GO BEARS ![/quote]

Im glad the Bears are finally doing good... It only took 15 years of my life to see this day, imagine if we did a 15 year rebuild plan :lol: .... I admit the Bears finally got good, but lets see how they do in the first game of playoff, they usually like to throw that game away.... :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 05:14 PM

GO BEARS !

awwwe, we haven't forgotten you mngolf! But we just can't forget about those poor bear fans looking to convert either. :razz:

BEARMAN
10-12-2006, 05:46 PM
We are NOT looking to convert ! We are looking to bring some new blood to our deloved BEARS DEN tho.... :wink:

GO BEARS !

Murphy37
10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Kickass! We have a troll! I for one enjoy the company of trolls on our website. They help liven things up a bit around here. Now lets see if I can remember how this argument goes...................hmmmm...........oh yea here we go. The Bears are better than the Packers this year.....aggreed. Congrats to you. All time though....you have some catching up to do. Lets review. Bears are better this year, Packers are better all time. Well I'm glad we got that all cleared up, now we can have a drink.

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 06:05 PM
....anything to get a drink Murph!! :razz:

u buyin? :cool:

Scott Campbell
10-12-2006, 06:12 PM

I'd bet Murph will buy ewe a drink.

:wink:

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 06:14 PM

I'd bet Murph will buy ewe a drink.

:wink:

ewe would think so. Hope it's not one of those Pabst he was drinking last night! ewwe! :razz:

Scott Campbell
10-12-2006, 06:23 PM
ewe would think so. Hope it's not one of those Pabst he was drinking last night! ewwe! :razz:

Now I'm thirsty.

mngolf19
10-13-2006, 12:45 PM
So...MN... this means you're converting after the season?

That would be sacreligious, but I will listen to all arguements as I try to be objective and friendly. :cool:

mngolf19
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM

GO BEARS !

awwwe, we haven't forgotten you mngolf! But we just can't forget about those poor bear fans looking to convert either. :razz:

Thanks for keeping me in mind 007. :wink: But if a Bears fan hasn't converted by now after all those years of sucking, can't see it happening this year. Unless of course it is after the Vikes smack them in Chicago. :twisted: