PDA

View Full Version : TMQ on Favre

sac2020
10-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I hate garbage like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/061010

prsnfoto
10-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Typical bullshit Brett is having an average year as far as QB goes with little talent around that still will develop, he is in the shotgun or rolling out 80% of the time with a TE playing max protect that is one less target. What is his QB rating 76?, would be at less 85-90 with some talent around him which is quite good for the NFL. I certainly hope there is a Big Ben is washed up give the ball to Charlie story coming next, maybe a Culpecker,Lienhart,Warner,Plummer firing squad to boot they all suck much worse than Brett and have twice the talent level around them. Wait I have it all writers who are not in the running for the Pulitzer prize please report to the office for immediate termination at least we wouldn't have to listen to hogwash. :evil:

cheese_man
10-10-2006, 02:49 PM
I hate garbage like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/061010

great first post. :bow:

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Please see today's front page for another opinion.
http://packerrats.com/

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2006, 06:00 PM
It is bullcrap. Give me a break. Probably a Marino fan. Trying to minimize Brett's potential accomplishment. Marino was worse than Favre is right now the last couple of years he played. This team is 1-4 with three winnable games coming up. If the team felt like they could make the playoffs at this juncture, I'd be worried. Sure, it's unlikely to happen, but it did happen two years ago. You go hard until you are out of the playoff race. At that point, you might think about starting Rodgers, but not under these circumstances. Brett deserves a shot at the records.

digitaldean
10-10-2006, 09:18 PM
It is bullcrap. Give me a break. Probably a Marino fan. Trying to minimize Brett's potential accomplishment. Marino was worse than Favre is right now the last couple of years he played. This team is 1-4 with three winnable games coming up. If the team felt like they could make the playoffs at this juncture, I'd be worried. Sure, it's unlikely to happen, but it did happen two years ago. You go hard until you are out of the playoff race. At that point, you might think about starting Rodgers, but not under these circumstances. Brett deserves a shot at the records.

The article sounds like the Don Banks article on SI's website. Dump Favre start Rodgers now was his mantra.

I see the point if, after these next 3 games, we don't win 2 out of 3. Miami, Arizona and Buffalo are winnable for our talent level. Especially Miami and Arizona, both of those teams are more of a mess than GB is. Buffalo has a stout defense even though they got their butt whooped by Chicago.

Of course that twit Steve Young had to do the old pile on for his ESPN gig. (still think he's bitter from all the times Brett kicked his butt on the field).

Right now, this team isn't good enough (Favre included) to keep playing from behind.

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Do these people not actually watch the games? They were eerily positive and heaping on the praise and there was no one, and I mean NO ONE out there saying we should be playing Rodgers then. We were ONE PLAY from pulling out that Rams game and that team fought 'til the bitter end with Favre as their leader. So one loss away from the accolades and these idiots think Rodgers is the answer? Perhaps they should go with the mantra 'Rodgers will play when he wins the damned job.'

run pMc
10-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Favre is better than Rodgers right now. Hands down. Not even close.

Even Cliffy knows that.

Some of the national guys only watch the highlights...so they'll see Favre throw a TD to Jennings, and then fumble in the last minute.

RIPackerFan
10-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Here are the reasons why Favre should not be benched:

1) Rogers has not beat out Favre for the starting position - it seems that a lot of people think that since we are starting so many new players, that we are giving the rookies and second year players a shot over better players. That is not the case. All the new players have beat out existing veterans and did not have the position given to them. This team seems to promote or demote people (Roman, Gado, Davenport, Boiringer, Whitticker, Klemm) depending on their playing ability and to promote Rogers over Favre seems to go counter over their culture.

2) Favre's experience is giving the entire offense time to gel and to gain confidence. Favre is smart enough and experienced enough to overcome mistakes in the line and recievers - this kind of experience is gained over 10 years - not a few years. Rogers would not have this, nor would he get it in a few years, so there is no use in putting him in there. The offense would start to get stagnent and lose any confidence it has. Meanwhile, Rogers would be getting knicked up.

3) Favre still gives us the best shot to win. I want to win every game, or at least be competitive in most. I honestly believe that because of the two points above, that we would not even be close in most games if Rogers started - which will lead to a disgruntled team and disgruntled fans. MM and TT cannot afford this. This is not to say that Rogers won't be a good QB, just that a good, experienced QB can do wonders to a new offense.

4) Favre is a still a fan favorite. Until he gets beat out by someone else, I can't believe anyone is talking about benching him. He has a chance to beat several records and bring this offense up to speed for Rogers. Why possible reason would one have for benching him except defeatism and a good draft choice. To me, neither reason is enough to justify benching Favre. I will never give up on this team, and by putting in Rogers, that is what the coaching staff and management would be doing.

That's my opinion.

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Bingo, RIPackerFan!

pbmax
10-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Do these people not actually watch the games? They were eerily positive and heaping on the praise and there was no one, and I mean NO ONE out there saying we should be playing Rodgers then. We were ONE PLAY from pulling out that Rams game and that team fought 'til the bitter end with Favre as their leader. So one loss away from the accolades and these idiots think Rodgers is the answer? Perhaps they should go with the mantra 'Rodgers will play when he wins the damned job.'
Actually Ziggy, I doubt they watch the games. All they see is one play on SportsCenter and without knowing anything else, all of a sudden Favre is coming undone like Kurt Warner.

It fits with a predetermined line of thinking, a good narrative.

Easterbrook has been complaining all season about the loss of ESPN's PrimeTime show this year, and how inadequate Football Night in America is. I think the reason maybe that the bulk of his research was done in that hour and a half.

Astonishment
10-11-2006, 03:47 PM
This is just "shock-jock" jornalism. All this author cares about is getting readers...sad to say I fell for it.

MJZiggy
10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Perhaps, Astonishment, but I used to read his column regularly when it was on NFL. He def. took a step down here and I don't read it nearly as regularly. And I would think that if your job is NFL columnist that the least you could do is give the NFL more than cursory attention. And try knowing what the **** you're talking about before you spout off.

Astonishment
10-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Perhaps, Astonishment, but I used to read his column regularly when it was on NFL. He def. took a step down here and I don't read it nearly as regularly. And I would think that if your job is NFL columnist that the least you could do is give the NFL more than cursory attention. And try knowing what the **** you're talking about before you spout off.
Very true, and this is probably more of a statement of the the quality of today's jornalism more than anything.

chewy-bacca
10-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I am beside myself wondering how this jackass gets paid for this crap.
Right out of the box, he streches the truth. Suuurrrre, favre droped back and just droped the ball. WTF!?!?!?! NM the protection break downs in the middle and the outside.

the funny thing is if he would not have been run down and did make the throw he is the best ever and should be on a team with a chance to win the SB. dam Hippocrates. :mad:

its the same ole song and dance. wack

chewy-bacca
10-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I also like how ESPN makes it so hard to email guys. Any other outlet give emails in story. I dont even think its poss. to send a comment to the bobble heads up there.