PDA

View Full Version : Burst Appendix anyone?

BlueBrewer
10-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I just got out of the hospital after having an appendectomy. This was the most painful experience I have ever had. It felt like someone stuck a knife in my side and stirred it around until the morphine kicked in.

MJZiggy
10-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Owwww. Sorry to hear that Blue. Hope you recover quickly.

http://www.theflowerpot.com/images/product/Vase-WhLily-01.jpg

BlueBrewer
10-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the well wishing, I'm doing my best

justanotherpackfan
10-10-2006, 03:50 PM
A few people in my school have had one.

Badgepack
10-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

You couldn't post from the hospital bed or what? :mrgreen:

BlueBrewer
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM

The hospital had wifi but needed a password

Freak Out
10-10-2006, 04:50 PM

The hospital had wifi but needed a password

Cheap assed hospital! With all the $$$ you and your insurance paid out free internet should come with the bed.
Get well soon.

ahaha
10-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I feel your pain. When I was 10, I went through the same thing. I had been suffering from brutal stomach aches for two years. The worst part was that they didn't actually know it was my appendix until surgery. I had to go through a week of tests before. Numerous anal probes by doctors with big fingers, and two enemas. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I cried every time. Hopefully your experience wasn't so anal intrusive.

Partial
10-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I feel your pain. When I was 10, I went through the same thing. I had been suffering from brutal stomach aches for two years. The worst part was that they didn't actually know it was my appendix until surgery. I had to go through a week of tests before. Numerous anal probes by doctors with big fingers, and two enemas. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I cried every time. Hopefully your experience wasn't so anal intrusive.

sexy

mraynrand
10-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I submitted a grant that had an appendix that was 130 pages long, filled with figures, letters of collaboration, and publications. That FedEx package was bursting at the seams. Fuckers didn't fund me.

digitaldean
10-10-2006, 08:51 PM
I just got out of the hospital after having an appendectomy. This was the most painful experience I have ever had. It felt like someone stuck a knife in my side and stirred it around until the morphine kicked in.

Sorry to hear about your appendix...but your thread title "burst appendix". Did actually burst?

Peritonitis is deadly serious.

Here's to your speedy recovery, and may you throw more TD passes than Big Ben since his appendectomy. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
NO Thanks.. I'll pass.

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM

Worst thing.

The poor bugger had to call a cab to get home fr. the hospital... as some dickhead stole the gas from his car, in the trailer park that he lives in, and now must relocate from ASAP... Life's the Pit's when you have rotten LUCK like BlueBrewer has been experiencing of late.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/32631960944dcebe35137e.jpg
PLEASE HELP ME I'M FALLING...

May we take up a collection? :idea:

this advertisement: paid for by the BlueBrewer support foundation

Iron Mike
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I feel your pain. When I was 10, I went through the same thing.

Me three. I had a ruptured appendix with peritonitis at age eight.

BlueBrewer
10-11-2006, 11:13 AM

Worst thing.

The poor bugger had to call a cab to get home fr. the hospital... as some dickhead stole the gas from his car, in the trailer park that he lives in, and now must relocate from ASAP... Life's the Pit's when you have rotten LUCK like BlueBrewer has been experiencing of late.

[img]http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/32631960944dcebe35137e.j

No collection necassary, I have health insurance, But the deductable is about $2000. That sucks.

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 12:11 PM

Worst thing.

[img]http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/32631960944dcebe35137e.j

No collection necassary, I have health insurance, But the deductable is about $2000. That sucks.

That isn't funny BlueBrewer nor is your run of bad fortune.

I really think that Canadians take it for granted that we have Medicare in OUR Country, therefore don't have the concerns of such large Medical Bills.

Indeed if we want all the perks offered in regards to medical care. We may option to also have a Blue Cross Policy, but Medicare generally gets it done. Except for the time we may wait to get to the top of the list for a procedure we are fortunate in Canada with regards to health care..

retailguy
10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Except for the time we may wait to get to the top of the list for a procedure we are fortunate in Canada with regards to health care..

Hmmm... Then, if that's the case, WHY are the doctors offices and clinics within 200 miles of the border in Washington State absolutely inundated with Canadians who voluntarily pay cash to be seen in the US? Everything from laser eye surgery to voluntary operations, to preventative care. It seemingly has no bounds...

Is it just because of the waiting period? Or is there more?

Astonishment
10-11-2006, 03:31 PM
My cousin had his appendix burst, but he didn't know what happened and he waited until he passed out. Needless to say he almost died. Regardless of how minor this surgery may be considered, any surgery is scary. I wish you all the best in your recovery.