PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rat Mock...Houston up

ND72
04-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Simple poll...What's happening #1. Most votes is what i'll say happens at #1...up next, New Orleans Saints.

CyclonePackFan
04-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Texans trade #1 overall to New York Jets for #4, #29, and #71 overall

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2006, 02:39 PM
wow, sweet deal for Texans!

Cyclone, I have always been taught that "cyclone" is another name for a tornado. But I read recently about hurricanes striking Australia, and they were called "cyclones." (hurricanes in pacific are called "typhoons", btw.)

Anyway, never mind, guess I should address question to Tarlam, but my world has been rocked.

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2006, 02:46 PM
ok, I checked it out. "Cyclones" mainly refer to hurricanes in the Indian ocean. But some people in north america also started using the term to refer to tornados.

CyclonePackFan
04-20-2006, 04:56 PM
ok, I checked it out. "Cyclones" mainly refer to hurricanes in the Indian ocean. But some people in north america also started using the term to refer to tornados.

Didn't know that about the Indian Ocean...I was obsessed with hurricanes and tropical weather for a time in grade school, knew about the hurricane vs. typhoon thing...guess you learn something every day.

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2006, 06:48 PM
i thought i would be a weatherman when I was a kid. Had these spinning cups on the roof to measure windspeed. $19 kit from edmonton scientific company.