PDA

View Full Version : Morris back; Dolphins cut Suggs

Fosco33
10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/10/bc.fbn.dolphins.suggs.ap/

Morris back, Dolphins cut Suggs
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Running back Lee Suggs was waived by the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday.

Suggs, claimed off waivers from Cleveland on Sept. 4, appeared in all five games with the Dolphins this season and rushed for 26 yards on six attempts.

He was signed shortly after backup running back Sammy Morris was suspended four games for violating the NFL's steroid policy. Morris returned to the Dolphins last week.

Suggs, a fourth-round pick of Cleveland in 2003, led the Browns with 744 yards rushing in 2004 before his tenure there was derailed by an array of neck, shoulder, toe, ankle and thumb injuries. He failed a physical after being traded to the New York Jets shortly before this season began, but was cleared by Miami's medical staff before joining the Dolphins.

If Green or Blackmon's injuries continue to persist or if another player gets a season-ending injury, a player of Suggs talent could end up in Green Bay's backfield.

He has a 4.0 yard/rush average and is relatively young - the injuries are the obvious question mark.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396096

Lastly, he knows our next opponents offense :mrgreen:
Thoughts?

Partial
10-10-2006, 10:33 PM
He was good for Tech back in the day. I wouldn't mind him in Green and Gold for TC, but I don't think he has much of a shot playing anywhere this year. Injuries really derailed his career right when it started looking promising.

Fosco33
10-10-2006, 10:35 PM
He was injured in college, too...

Here's an excerpt of his draft review:

Lee Suggs is another player with a serious knee injury in his background. Tore his left anterior ligament and medial meniscus during the 2001 season. Came back to play last season and was very effective, rushing for 1,255 yards on 238 carries and scoring 20 touchdowns. Hardworking athlete with fine speed and quickness. Instintive and has good vision and patience. Runs with good pad level. Good short-yardage and goalline runner. Aggressive. Breaks tackles. Better inside runner than outside guy. Has good hands, but was used little in the passing game in college so he needs a lot of work there.

Partial
10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I actually knew that now that it was brought to my attention but wouldn't have remembered that if it wasn't. Weird how that works sometimes.

like I said, camp material. I'd be ecstatic to have more guys competing in camp. The more the merrier!

FritzDontBlitz
10-11-2006, 03:40 PM
is he a fumbler? if he isn't he's already better than 2/3's of the running backs on the roster...

Astonishment
10-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I really think Suggs should just be chaulked up as a bust. Bring him in for camp fodder next year, but nothing more than that.