PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions for the night owels

Partial
10-10-2006, 11:31 PM
How many hours a day do you look at a computer screen, and does it hurt your eyes when you have black text on a white background? What background color/font color combination is easiest on your eyes?

I am merely asking because I stair at compilers and excel documents all day and I am convinced my eyes are being fried from it. I was reading maddox the other day and he talks about how he keeps his background color black and font yellow and large for that very reason, he stairs at white pages on his comp all day and it is killing his eyes.

HarveyWallbangers
10-10-2006, 11:35 PM
If you look like a raccoon, it's time to step away from the computer for awhile. I don't think there's any doubt that these damn things aren't good for the eyes. You could always watch TV instead. Oh wait! Or go outside and do something productive.

GrnBay007
10-10-2006, 11:37 PM
A guy I work with uses a green background with light print for the same reason....said he read it's better for your eyes. I don't know, just looking at his screen bothers me.

superfan
10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Google "effect of computers on eyesight" and you will find a bunch of hits and some suggestions.

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 06:08 AM
How many hours a day do you look at a computer screen, and does it hurt your eyes when you have black text on a white background? What background color/font color combination is easiest on your eyes?

I am merely asking because I stair at compilers and excel documents all day and I am convinced my eyes are being fried from it. I was reading maddox the other day and he talks about how he keeps his background color black and font yellow and large for that very reason, he stairs at white pages on his comp all day and it is killing his eyes.

Partial:

Somehow I got a double post.

I can't see (a delete post feature) so I'll give you some more on this:

Hint:

Find the 20-20-20 Rule >

http://www.preventblindness.org/eye_problems/computers.html

http://www.optometrists.ab.ca/guide/vdt.htm

http://www.eyesite.ca/english/public-information/eye-facts/computers.htm

Bon Chance. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 06:08 AM

Partial:

Look at your original post this thread.

How's that appear to you?

If you think you like it? Set up a test. Sort of a stare down... some quiet evening.

Maybe a nice pale blue background with a magenta font text might be the answer.

Remember

What works for me, someone else... may not work for you.

Try several color combinations of background and font text.Fill up your evenings doing your own experiment and record your results using the Scientific Method. You may even get published.

In something like, "Better Eye Care Montly Journal".

:idea: DAM... you Partial...may create "Better Eye Care Monthly Journal". :idea:

Jeeeeezzzz .It may be bigger than Playboy.Think...of all the possibilities.