PDA

View Full Version : Lost Episode 2 Live Show Thread

Partial
10-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, thats right! :lol:

Let's discuss the show while its on! Everyone make sure to tune in tonight, its gonna be a good one. 8 pm central on ABC!

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Partial:

What's below is why Canadian Men watch LOST:

http://www.evangeline-lilly.net/back.jpg

Evangeline Lilly ohhh La La !!

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 02:15 PM
CANADA' Own Evangeline Lilly

http://www.evangeline-lilly.net/gallery/themes/v6/header.jpg

Biography for: Evangeline Lilly

Birth name: Nicole Evangeline Lilly

Nickname: Evi and Monkey Height: 5' 5" (1.65 m)

Mini biography
Evangeline Lilly, born in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta in 1979, was discovered on the streets of Kelowna, British Columbia by the famous Ford modeling agency. Although she initially decided to pass on a modeling career, she went ahead and signed with Ford anyway, to help pay for her University of British Columbia tuition and expenses.

IMDb mini-biography by
RaDragon

Trivia

Founded and ran a world development and human rights committee at her university. She has lived under a grass hut in the jungles of the Philippines with a missionary group, and has been a volunteer for children's projects since the age of 14.

Fluent in French and loves ice skating, canoeing, kayaking, snowboarding and rock climbing.

Refused to do a partial nude scene in an early episode of "Lost" (2004).

Voted one of the Breakout Stars of 2004 by Entertainment Weekly Magazine

Named #2 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.

Prior to her starring role on "Lost" (2004), she worked as an extra on film sets to help pay her University tuition. She can be seen in episodes of "Tru Calling" (2003), "Dead Like Me" (2003) and "Smallville" (2001), and in several films including White Chicks (2004), Stealing Sinatra (2003) and Freddy vs. Jason (2003).

Presented The Tragically Hip at Live 8 Canada.

Has two sisters - younger sister is named Andrea

Before starring on "Lost" (2004), she worked a variety of other jobs. She has worked as a flight attendant, waitress, and completed oil changes on big rigs while doing commercials and modeling to earn money for University.

Her father is a Home Economics teacher in Canada. Her mother worked as a cosmetician and ran a daycare center.

Attended the University of British Columbia where she attained a degree in international relations.

Kate, her character on "Lost" (2004), is frequently seen climbing trees. This is because the very athletic Lilly loves to climb trees herself.

First discovered by agent Jeff Palffy, formerly Ford Models, now with PMG Management in Vancouver, who was instrumental in her first break on Lost.

In 2003, she was cast in several commercials for a dating hot-line called "LiveLinks". The late-night ads ran for over two years on basic cable channels, even after she made it big on ABC's hit drama "Lost" (2004).

During a guest spot on "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993), David Letterman embarrassed the actress by playing one of her commercials on the show.

Personal quotes

"I'm very picky when it comes to men. I come across a man who I'm really attracted to about once every five years."

"I love being outside - that's where I'm the happiest."

Partial
10-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Woody, Kate is so freakin' hot. But, she is taken now by fellow castaway Charlie, better known as Merry the hobbit, from Lord of the Rings!

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Woody, Kate is so freakin' hot. But, she is taken now by fellow castaway Charlie, better known as Merry the hobbit, from Lord of the Rings!

Partial:

Here's two more for y'all. She's not just so Hot!

She's PURE smokin'.

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress/evangeline-lilly/pictures/evangeline-lilly-picture-1.jpg

http://images.askmen.com/women/celeb_profiles_actress/pictures/evangeline_lilly/evangeline_lilly.jpg

Yup ! By all reports, she's gotten bitten and will marry that Lucky fella. The character Charlie in LOST is played by actor Dominic Monaghan.

woodbuck27
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
LOST

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/fall06/?d=103

Partial
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Just 3 hours until showtime!

Partial
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Anyone wanna make any predictions on what we see tonight?!?

Partial
10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
whooo I am fired up, but it seems like its just me :sad:

Brando19
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I AM FREAKIN READY BABY!!!!! I believe tonight we'll find out what happened to Ecko (Spelling?) after the blast. I hope he's not getting killed off the show b/c of his recent DUI. He's a great character.

K-town
10-11-2006, 07:31 PM

I'm at work tonight, so I won't see tonight's episode for awhile (esp. since I "have" to stop at the tavern on the way home). But I am excited for the new season.

BTW, is the Henry Gale character the creepiest thing you've seen since Dennis Hopper in "Blue Velvet" or what?

Partial
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
It's time to go whooo!

Partial
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM

I'm at work tonight, so I won't see tonight's episode for awhile (esp. since I "have" to stop at the tavern on the way home). But I am excited for the new season.

BTW, is the Henry Gale character the creepiest thing you've seen since Dennis Hopper in "Blue Velvet" or what?

Man oh man did they ever do a fantastic job with his makeup to make him look horrifying. What a show!

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Sun was a liar as a youngin'

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:03 PM
uh oh, Sun is going against her husbands wishes.

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:06 PM
ooo, Collean and Juliette seem to not get along so well. Juliet has big gazongas.

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:06 PM
There were screens in the room with ben that showed Jack but I couldn't make out the rest of the images. That was bizzare.

Brando19
10-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Henry Gale sure seemed nervous about that boat! And how about that decoy village?? Do you think the hatch could be some sort of decoy to get them to stay on that side of the island???

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I have a theory that Ben and Juliette used to date but no longer get along. Possibly he cheated on her with that Colleen women.

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Henry Gale sure seemed nervous about that boat! And how about that decoy village?? Do you think the hatch could be some sort of decoy to get them to stay on that side of the island???

I don't think he's nervous about them finding their town, but perhaps how big the island really is? Perhaps finding the hydra station?

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Sun cheated on her husband. WTF.

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Sun's dad just seems like a dick. I bet he is involved with all of this!

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
This episode seems excessively dramatic. I want plot development, not drama!

Brando19
10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Sun's dad just seems like a dick. I bet he is involved with all of this!

Interesting

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Brando, whats your take on whats going on so far?

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Kate's hot.

Brando19
10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Sayid is very suspicious. He has been all along. I really think he's one of the Others. I love Sawyer...his character makes the show alot better in my opinion.

justanotherpackfan
10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Kate's hot.
Good.

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:37 PM
damn, things just heated up. Sun is pretty much in trouble. Talk about a plan backfiring! How the hell did they get to the boat without their other boat?

Brando19
10-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I thought for sure Jin was going to shoot his wife when he was handed the gun and said he knew she betrayed him. Wow...he understands English. I bet when he went to deliver the message, he found out about the affair.
It's gettin' good guys!!!!!

What do u think partial?

Brando19
10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
damn, things just heated up. Sun is pretty much in trouble. Talk about a plan backfiring! How the hell did they get to the boat without their other boat?

Maybe they have a submarine?

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:46 PM
That was really unrealistic. Like they wouldn't hear a god damn motorboat coming up to the other boat when they're that near shore. BS.

Brando19
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
She just killed one of the others..so now it's war.

Partial
10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
We don't know that she is dead, she got shot. I am curious as to what becomes of this situation now. Personally, I like season 1 the best where it was all mystery, now I feel like however they resolve it will feel cheap.

Partial
10-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Interesting, the ending was pretty damn good. Sawyer and Kate should no better than to think they're not being listened to an observed, but then again maybe that is what they want to happen? Or perhaps, the Others want them to be planning an escape for some reason. Who knows.

That stuff with Jack is just weird. I think they are going to make him choose Kate and Sawyer or leave the Island at some point. That is pretty much the only thing I can think of.

What else could Ben make him do?

Brando19
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't see Jack leaving the show. He's pretty much the main star. I loved the ending. The whole "we have contact with the outside world" thing was cool. I honestly don't think Ben is the main guy in charge. I believe there's someone above him and it'll be revealed at the end of the season. I have a feeling that at some point, it'll be revealed that either Sayid or Kate is one of the Others.

Partial
10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't see Jack leaving the show. He's pretty much the main star. I loved the ending. The whole "we have contact with the outside world" thing was cool. I honestly don't think Ben is the main guy in charge. I believe there's someone above him and it'll be revealed at the end of the season. I have a feeling that at some point, it'll be revealed that either Sayid or Kate is one of the Others.

I disagree, Ben is the leader of the others who are likely controlled by the dharma initiative/hanso foundation.

Jack isn't going to leave the show, obviously. I 100% agree. He will obviously say no to Benjamin Linus.

Partial
10-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Whooo, what an episode

pittstang5
10-12-2006, 01:47 PM

I'm a huge fan of Lost and I'll join the conversation.

Brando - I'm not sure how Kate or Sayid will be revealed as one of the "Others." Going back to season one, we saw flash backs of both of their prior lives and both were on the plane - they can't be Others. They could be turned into Others - which would be cheap and stupid, imo.

Brando19
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Now that I look back on last night's episode...I have two theories. 1) Sun's dad killed her lover...he followed Jin to the apartment and threw him off the balcony when Jin left. 2) Sun killed her lover. She didn't want to go through life with him still living and them not together, she hated disappointing her father and she loves her husband. I believe my second theory is correct because when "the other" woman came on the boat and Sun had the gun pointed at her, but she told Sun she wouldn't kill her because she knows her and she's not a killer, but then Sun shot her....that was ironic.

Partial
10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Now that I look back on last night's episode...I have two theories. 1) Sun's dad killed her lover...he followed Jin to the apartment and threw him off the balcony when Jin left. 2) Sun killed her lover. She didn't want to go through life with him still living and them not together, she hated disappointing her father and she loves her husband. I believe my second theory is correct because when "the other" woman came on the boat and Sun had the gun pointed at her, but she told Sun she wouldn't kill her because she knows her and she's not a killer, but then Sun shot her....that was ironic.

I think you're incredibly wrong and he jumped.

I also don't think Sayid or Kate will become "others", but I do think Sayid will be the next character to die because he hasn't had a flashback in over a season and his story seems pretty much complete.

pittstang5
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I too think he jumped......but that's too easy to assume. I'm sure there's a twist involved somewhere.

Partial
10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
I too think he jumped......but that's too easy to assume. I'm sure there's a twist involved somewhere.

I think the Jae Lee story is complete, and Sun's relations with him will be revealed before she has her baby. More important than Jae Lee is his father I am led to believe, by her dad saying he did business with him, and sun's dad being affiliated with the island somehow according to the official lost podcasts.

Brando19
10-12-2006, 04:39 PM

I think you're incredibly wrong and he jumped.

I also don't think Sayid or Kate will become "others", but I do think Sayid will be the next character to die because he hasn't had a flashback in over a season and his story seems pretty much complete.

Incredibly wrong? Many people assume the obvious...but you can never do that with this show.

Partial
10-12-2006, 06:38 PM
just wrong, don't know why I through the incredibly in there. In all likelyhood i'll be eating my words, thats just the way lost works!! :lol:

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 06:48 PM
You guys are making this hard on me.......never watched the show but I'm getting tempted to go out and rent the previous seasons DVDs.

Brando19
10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
You guys are making this hard on me.......never watched the show but I'm getting tempted to go out and rent the previous seasons DVDs.

Yeah you should. I believe Lost is one of the greatest shows EVER on television. It truly is addictive. I want it to end so I can know what's going on, but I don't want it to end because I don't know what I'll do with my Wednesday nights.

Partial
10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
whatty whatt mcwhat what? That was a good episode with the Desmond stuff. Now the question is what happened there?

Bretsky
10-18-2006, 09:21 PM

I was thinking the same thing; I've only saw about 1.5 shows but could just never get into it. Subliminally I have have become hooked on my favorite show 24 in season one when they had a slight Grail scene. Any references to that in lost ?

I found it hard to follow; maybe I'm not smart enough or just lost (excuse the pun) when it comes to having to constantly think during a show.

Is it really worth watching the DVD set ?

B

Partial
10-18-2006, 09:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing; I've only saw about 1.5 shows but could just never get into it. Subliminally I have have become hooked on my favorite show 24 in season one when they had a slight Grail scene. Any references to that in lost ?

I found it hard to follow; maybe I'm not smart enough or just lost (excuse the pun) when it comes to having to constantly think during a show.

Is it really worth watching the DVD set ?

B

YES. It is the best hour in TV today. Rent season 1 dvd, watch the first 4 episodes. You'll be hooked. Season one finale is a big orgasm. Season 2 starts off strong, gets boring in the middle, and finishes with a shebangbamboombizzle. Season 3 is also off to a fantastic start.

I don't think there is a whole lot that can compare to season one, though.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2006, 09:57 PM
It's a great show Bretsky. You can't start watching it now. You'd have to start from the beginning. My wife and I just rented the DVDs.

Fosco33
10-18-2006, 11:45 PM
whatty whatt mcwhat what? That was a good episode with the Desmond stuff. Now the question is what happened there?

Well, this whole thing could be a dream (a la Dallas) or a mind control experiment (as part of Dharma). OR, the blast could have made all of the 'affected' people have a brief mental time warp (notice Echo's statements and Locke's actions).

Partial
10-19-2006, 12:06 AM

Well, this whole thing could be a dream (a la Dallas) or a mind control experiment (as part of Dharma). OR, the blast could have made all of the 'affected' people have a brief mental time warp (notice Echo's statements and Locke's actions).

I think the Echo thing was a hallucination and Locke's was a punishment. I think Desmond's ability to predict the future was either a result of the magnetism (I have a hunch it will change a lot more on the island, including Locke losing his ability to walk and Rose dying), or that while hanging out with his wang out he was abducted and something happened with that.

However, I certainly think its more likely that something happened to his head with the Magnetism, or he always had that ability.

Next week we have a Sawyer flash, then for episode five we have an Eko flashback, and finally to cap the break off we have a Kate flashback. Then, we are going on a two-three month hiatus (everyone should rent the DVDs and get caught up during this time!!!) and then we kick it off on the good foot with a JULIANNE flashback!!!!

Brando19
10-19-2006, 07:28 AM
I wasn't near a computer last night so I couldn't post. My thoughts on last night's episode........IT SUCKED! I think I learned more during the very first episode of Lost than I did last night. There were a few exciting points, but not many. I mean...they ended the John Locke/police officer flashback waaaay too early. I didn't care for last night's episode. I believe next week will return to the kick butt Lost form. Did anyone see the preview? Are they torturing Sawyer? I can't wait!

MadtownPacker
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Brando, you must have been smoking some of that sheeze Locke and his hippy crew where growing cuz you are tripping!! Last nights epi was great!!

Did you guys notice the leader of the hippy crew was the Other that wore the fake beard?

Partial
10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I wasn't near a computer last night so I couldn't post. My thoughts on last night's episode........IT SUCKED! I think I learned more during the very first episode of Lost than I did last night. There were a few exciting points, but not many. I mean...they ended the John Locke/police officer flashback waaaay too early. I didn't care for last night's episode. I believe next week will return to the kick butt Lost form. Did anyone see the preview? Are they torturing Sawyer? I can't wait!

Well, they can't reveal it all at once. They did show that John had a dark side and was so desperate for acceptance that he helped break them break the law. It also showed that the explosion did something to the someone or the island. It wasn't a spectacular episode, but it wasn't bad either. Remember, they can't reveal anything all at once, either.

In the podcast, they said Ben was on the island before the Dharma Initiative. That means he isn't a part of it and that is HUGE. How's the for revealing things?

MadtownPacker
10-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Last week Ben told Jack he was born and raised on the island. He is about 40 and the Dharma stuff started in the 60s so thats about right.

Does anyone think Kate was raped by Ben? He made her get a prettied up and later when they took her to the cage she had this shamed look on her face and her wrist where red like if she had been in a struggle with the cuffs on. Couldnt even look Sawyer in the eyes.

oregonpackfan
10-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Grn Bay 007,

I also recommend you renting out the DVDs on the previous seasons. I also find this a very captivating show.

OPF

oregonpackfan
10-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Last week Ben told Jack he was born and raised on the island. He is about 40 and the Dharma stuff started in the 60s so thats about right.

Does anyone think Kate was raped by Ben? He made her get a prettied up and later when they took her to the cage she had this shamed look on her face and her wrist where red like if she had been in a struggle with the cuffs on. Couldnt even look Sawyer in the eyes.

Madtown,

I think your idea is a strong possibility. If Ben raped her, he did it out of power and revenge rather than sexual lust. He has already established his dominance with "The Others." Now he wants to establish his dominance with the 3 captives.

OPF

Partial
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM

Nah, Ben is a "good guy".

Partial
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM

If you're going to do that, stop reading right now! We've already revealed tooooo much!!

Brando19
10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Brando, you must have been smoking some of that sheeze Locke and his hippy crew where growing cuz you are tripping!! Last nights epi was great!!

Did you guys notice the leader of the hippy crew was the Other that wore the fake beard?

I have to say last night's episode sucked. Why was John in the jungle? Why was Ecko in the cave? Why the heck was Desmond naked? It was a little silly to be honest.

MadtownPacker
10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I have to say last night's episode sucked. Why was John in the jungle? Why was Ecko in the cave? Why the heck was Desmond naked? It was a little silly to be honest.
I do agree about Ecko (did you know is you spelled it Ekcol it is Locke backwards?). That bear would have done alot more damage to get him to the cave. He really should be dead.

Brando19
10-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I do agree about Ecko (did you know is you spelled it Ekcol it is Locke backwards?). That bear would have done alot more damage to get him to the cave. He really should be dead.

Yeah...that was just plain silly. I wish they would do things a bit more believable.

Partial
10-22-2006, 02:45 AM
I just watched the season 1 finale and the season 2 premier. They are pretty much the best thing on TV, period.

Partial
10-22-2006, 03:14 AM
"You have to lift it up" - Desmond to Jack

In the same sort of confusing manner about the Locke speech. We'll see if this ever comes into play, but it is interesting if you watch season 2 episode 1 and notice the similiarity between how he speaks.