PDA

View Full Version : Drug Tests

Badgepack
10-11-2006, 05:36 PM
How long does one need to be clean to pass a drug test? (THC)

Do any of the GNC type products help?

Deputy Nutz
10-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Some of them do work but they act as a masker, and they will show up on the test instead of THC. Most likely the company will make you retest. So be careful with what you choose to use.

Also THC can stay in the urine from anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months.
some folks have even passed after a couple of days.

BallHawk
10-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Does Wal-Mart sell Whizzinators?

Partial
10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
the partying crowd from my high school all seem to have jobs, so it clearly can't take that long to get out of the system.

BallHawk
10-11-2006, 05:50 PM
It depend on what drug your using, I would guess. I would presume something like Marijuana would get out of your system quicker than Cocaine or some more of the hardcore drugs.

Deputy Nutz
10-11-2006, 06:03 PM
It depend on what drug your using, I would guess. I would presume something like Marijuana would get out of your system quicker than Cocaine or some more of the hardcore drugs.

That has nothing to do with it.

chewy-bacca
10-11-2006, 06:17 PM

^^

Jimx29
10-11-2006, 06:22 PM
I hear Onterrio Smith might be able to help ya out

justanotherpackfan
10-11-2006, 06:27 PM
I hear Onterrio Smith might be able to help ya out
This is the first time I took a close look at your avatar. :shock:

ImMrPete
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
There used to be a tea you could buy that would mask your urine. It worked well as my old roommates who were complete stoners would use it all the time. They never failed a test. They got it from that one store on the east side. Dang if I can't remember it's name.

Freak Out
10-11-2006, 07:08 PM
There are a load of things out there that people claim work to either clean your system or mask in some way. I used something called "Sonne's #7" once and drank lots of cranberry juice and passed about 3 days after smoking some very good shit. That was a long time ago and the tester did mention that "It sure looks like you have been drinking a lot of water lately". Duh....It was not a zero tolerance like most are today. If its for the FAA or DOT you are probably screwed unless you have some time. :cry:

BallHawk
10-11-2006, 07:54 PM

Whoops. I'm need to sharpen up on my drug knowledge. :oops:

ImMrPete
10-11-2006, 08:02 PM

Pot can stay in your urine for up to 30 days I belive. Coke and crack can come out within a few days. If they take a hair sample your screwed. Shave your head if that's the case.

MJZiggy
10-11-2006, 08:07 PM

No, really. Don't.

GrnBay007
10-11-2006, 08:23 PM
How long does one need to be clean to pass a drug test? (THC)

Do any of the GNC type products help?

Depends on how heavy a smoker you are. If you smoke a lot it could take 30 days for u to give a clean sample. If you don't smoke much you could test clean in a week. Drinking large amounts of water to dilute the sample won't work as they will check the creatitine level in the urine. Not sure about the products they sell to mask the drug....I'm sure there is lots of fake stuff on the market just to get your money.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2006, 09:54 PM
If you try flushing your system you will need to take some creatine that morning.

Best thing to do?

Say No to drugs!!! :mrgreen:

BEARMAN
10-11-2006, 10:02 PM
THC lingers in your fatty tissues, traces of THC can be detected in your U/A or blood test for up to 30 days. Drinking lots of water "flushes" your system, how ever that can be detected also and you will be asked why are you flushing? And/or be retested and if you are flushing again, you may face disciplinary action or job dismisal. There are loads of products out there that "claim" to flush your system, or mask THC in you. I have not seen one that actually works(I am a Narcotics/K9 Officer). My advice, don't smoke it in the first place.

GO BEARS !

Zool
10-12-2006, 12:48 AM
My advice, don't smoke it in the first place.
Well there's an idea.

Freak Out
10-12-2006, 12:51 AM

GO BEARS !

Its called freedom of choice, smoke all you want if thats what floats your boat.

Partial
10-12-2006, 12:52 AM

GO BEARS !

Its called freedom of choice, smoke all you want if thats what floats your boat.

Thats not what the law says.

Zool
10-12-2006, 12:56 AM

GO BEARS !

Its called freedom of choice, smoke all you want if thats what floats your boat.You can also choose to free-base heroin, but its probably not a good idea. And if you want to start the "pot doesnt effect you" argument, I have a couple of people to introduce you to. They will forget your name right away however.

ahaha
10-12-2006, 01:18 AM

GO BEARS !

Yeah, laws could never be wrong. :roll:

ahaha
10-12-2006, 01:25 AM

GO BEARS !

Its called freedom of choice, smoke all you want if thats what floats your boat.You can also choose to free-base heroin, but its probably not a good idea. And if you want to start the "pot doesnt effect you" argument, I have a couple of people to introduce you to. They will forget your name right away however.

Pot isn't a highly addictive substance like Heroin. Weed is no different than any legal drug or vice, in that, if used responsibly and in moderation it's relatively harmless. If you abuse it, like smoking all day, it's going to cause you major problems.

Badgepack
10-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Well there's an idea.

It's not for me, it's.....for a friend :wink:

MadtownPacker
10-12-2006, 11:14 AM
(I am a Narcotics/K9 Officer).Proof that the justice system is failing! :mrgreen:

Well at least you have the K9 to help you make decisions! :lol:

Freak Out
10-12-2006, 11:25 AM

GO BEARS !

Depends on what State you’re in. The Feds are going to get involved with cultivation or distribution for the most part not possession for personal use. The rest is up to the States.
Let’s hope the "War on Terror" doesn’t end up like the "War on Drugs".

MJZiggy
10-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Freak out, I don't think it's the Fed's he's worried about here. The Feds may not want to get involved, but if this test is for employment, he could lose a job or job opportunity because they can not hire you for being a lawbreaker. What the authorities might care about is secondary to the pending test.

Freak Out
10-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Freak out, I don't think it's the Fed's he's worried about here. The Feds may not want to get involved, but if this test is for employment, he could lose a job or job opportunity because they can not hire you for being a lawbreaker. What the authorities might care about is secondary to the pending test.

No shit Ziggy, I know what the worry was over but that was not what my last response was about.

If someone wants to smoke pot that’s fine by me, it’s also ok for someone to refuse to hire anyone because they smoke pot. I don’t want an airline pilot stoned on the job that’s for damn sure. So if you want to be a professional pilot or any profession that the "law" or corporate policy requires you be drug tested for you better not light up.

CaptainKickass
10-12-2006, 12:51 PM
This shit works for MOST pre-employment U/A:

http://www.testpure.com/asp/defaultNEW.asp

But you HAVE to follow the directions explicitly.

There are employers who will have a pre-employment screen where they "swab" your cheek. If that happens this is not the answer.

Freak Out
10-12-2006, 01:28 PM
There are employers who will have a pre-employment screen where they "swab" your cheek. If that happens this is not the answer.

Swab your cheek. WTF are they doing a damn DNA test? Yowza..

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Tyrone has passed over 10 drug tests, but they all were urine tests. Including those necessary for the government and fortune 500 companies. Tyrone loves his drugs.

There has never been a test that cannot be defeated. It is simply a matter of money and time necessary devoted to the task. No different than steroids, etc.

First, as noted, it depends on the frequency of smoking. If you are a daily smoker then it will remain in your system for around 30 days. If you take a couple of puffs every couple of days then it is gone pretty quickly. Factor in the quality of your dope as well.

Tyrone has used many products to pass tests for around 15 years. From teas and golden seal to Sonnes #7. I have yet to fail. The best advice I can give is to always be hydrating. This means drinking alot before you smoke, while smoking and after smoking. Drinking 60-80 oz. of water is good for you whether you smoke or not. That way you are constantly flushing. Second get a product that leaches or strips minerals, etc. from your system. This is what Sonne's # 7 does or golden seal root. A couple of days prior to the test should do it. Tyrone loved picking up Golden Seal at the Community Pharmacy on State St. (i believe that was the name of the natural pharmacy downtown).

At the same time, try to abstain for a couple of days before the test. I have passed w/o doing this, but I felt nervous. I usually have some sort of tea or other product that I drink the day of the test. They all have worked for me. I actually keep a bottle in the glove compartment just in case. However, KNOW that if you are injured and have to go immediately get tested (workers comp) those products won't work.

Lastly, when taking your test and filling out the intake form, make sure you put down that you are taking legal drugs. Ibuprofen, Naproxen (aleve), etc. can cause a false positive. You are giving yourself an out if you do this. Of course you should avoid them like the plague as they can eff up your test.

Finally, make sure you take some vitamin b12 or something that will give color to your urine.

There is also synthetic urine and other products that will work. These are the only 100% way of beating the test. But, I've never used them and have always passed.

http://www.passyourdrugtest.com

Badgepack
10-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Frickin' Tyrone comes thru, thanks to all the responses.

What if I take prescription meds like pain killers, muscle relaxers. I assume you disclose that and it is acceptable. I do have a legit prescription.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Frickin' Tyrone comes thru, thanks to all the responses.

What if I take prescription meds like pain killers, muscle relaxers. I assume you disclose that and it is acceptable. I do have a legit prescription.

Yes. Disclose. Just make sure you have the prescription available.

Tyrone recalls that he had number of good pills left (10 or so) after his kidney stone operation. Tyrone would only use the Tylenol with codeine for REALLY bad hangovers or migraines. Tyrone mentioned still having them to the company nurse before employment. Nurse freaked out. Last time Tyrone tried to have a reasonable discussion about drugs.

In all honesty, most companies really don't care if you have done drugs. They care about having you drug test so they can get lower cost insurance.

Also, always disclose your "drug problem" at work before they catch you. If you suspect that they may be ready to bring down the hammer go to HR. Most companies have an EAP program. And, policies that getting caught using drugs is a fireable offense, but admitting your problem and then getting help is not fireable.

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 05:27 PM
These are the only 100% way of beating the test. But, I've never used them and have always passed.

You've never used them and have always passed? How can u say they are the only 100% way of beating the test then?
Plus, I wouldn't recommend anyone relying on all this stuff to pass a test. The labs that test and the companies that sell the testing devices don't just sit back ...they are constantly improving testing methods when a new system comes out to beat the test.

Scott Campbell
10-12-2006, 06:19 PM
In all honesty, most companies really don't care if you have done drugs. They care about having you drug test so they can get lower cost insurance.

Most companies? That's counter intuitive to me. I hire people. I don't want drug users or gamblers.

BEARMAN
10-12-2006, 06:45 PM
BEARMAN is abstaining from this post... :roll: :beat:

GO BEARS !

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 07:28 PM
These are the only 100% way of beating the test. But, I've never used them and have always passed.

You've never used them and have always passed? How can u say they are the only 100% way of beating the test then?
Plus, I wouldn't recommend anyone relying on all this stuff to pass a test. The labs that test and the companies that sell the testing devices don't just sit back ...they are constantly improving testing methods when a new system comes out to beat the test.

I have used other methods and always passed. I haven't felt the need to use other people's urine.

Synthetic urine or clean urine is 100%. I don't have to use them to know that. Wouldn't matter if we were talking steroids or THC.

You are correct that Labs are improving. However, as we can all see from steroids, designer drugs, THG, etc., cheaters are ALWAYS head of the game.

Second, most of those labs just do a very simple test. They don't do an expensive diagnostic.

I have given the methods that work for me and others. If you think they don't work that is your right. But, I would tell you that the market determines a product. If they didn't work, people wouldn't buy them. It is that simple.

Of course, the best way is either to NEVER do drugs (how realistic is that?) or to minimize consumption before a test.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 07:31 PM

Most companies? That's counter intuitive to me. I hire people. I don't want drug users or gamblers.

Counterintuitive? How so.

Most companies woudn't drug test unless there was a financial incentive to do so. They get better rates.

I'm not saying that all, but most don't really care. When I say care I mean a casual recreational pot smoker. I have met many bosses that were just such users and their companies required testing.

My point would be that if you wanna prevent drug users from being employed they would spend more money on testing...like blood, hair, etc. Why don't they? Because the ROI isn't worth it.

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Most companies woudn't drug test unless there was a financial incentive to do so. They get better rates.

I'm not saying that all, but most don't really care. When I say care I mean a casual recreational pot smoker. I have met many bosses that were just such users and their companies required testing.

My point would be that if you wanna prevent drug users from being employed they would spend more money on testing...like blood, hair, etc. Why don't they? Because the ROI isn't worth it.

True. I'm not sure of the cost difference between urine tests or hair stats but there is obviously a reason companies don't use hair stats as even the basic ones go back to 6 months of use. I'm pretty sure the hair stats for a test for airline pilots can go back one year. I think it also depends on if they take a hair sample or go to the root.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 07:58 PM

True. I'm not sure of the cost difference between urine tests or hair stats but there is obviously a reason companies don't use hair stats as even the basic ones go back to 6 months of use. I'm pretty sure the hair stats for a test for airline pilots can go back one year. I think it also depends on if they take a hair sample or go to the root.

Generally, from what i've read, a urine test costs in the 40-60s. Hair is about 115-300 beans. That is a substantial difference.

Another point about drug testing and companies would be continued testing. If, as certain studies show, drug use decreases productivity, then why don't companies randomly test? That is the best way to catch somebody. Again, the cost.

More interesting facts on drug testing:
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_faq.shtml

GBRulz
10-12-2006, 08:03 PM

Also, if companies really wanted to prevent drug use, they would do random testing, without an advance notice. Not just a pre-employment screening.

TB, you bring up a great point that I had never thought about for why companies initially do the testing (insurance rates.) Another question though.....does the drug testing protect the company from a liability standpoint, should their employee cause an accident while stoned?

Partial
10-13-2006, 12:34 PM

Also, if companies really wanted to prevent drug use, they would do random testing, without an advance notice. Not just a pre-employment screening.

TB, you bring up a great point that I had never thought about for why companies initially do the testing (insurance rates.) Another question though.....does the drug testing protect the company from a liability standpoint, should their employee cause an accident while stoned?

As far as I know, there aren't any laws about being stoned/high/on drugs just posessing them. Like for alcohol they can test the blood concentration, but I don't think they can test for anything with pot or most other drugs.

Then again, I could be 100% wrong :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-13-2006, 09:25 PM

As far as I know, there aren't any laws about being stoned/high/on drugs just posessing them. Like for alcohol they can test the blood concentration, but I don't think they can test for anything with pot or most other drugs.

Try getting pulled over by the popo when you are high. I'm sure they won't bust you. :razz:

Fosco33
10-14-2006, 12:45 AM

I'm pretty sure you can be tested for drugs in similar manner as a DUI - at least that's what I learned from watching COPS.

Regarding passing drug tests for THC, some of the masking agents work fine - as many have suggested here. In reality, it's a diuretic and just replaces your urine w/ urine like fluid and works 4-6 hours after consumption. Be sure to take some B12 to make your piss yellow.

Regarding companies/gov't/etc testing for drugs - well, it's their company so they can do what they please. IMO, non-labor jobs shouldn't waste their time drug testing. If someone is dumb enough to get high AT work, their performance may suffer and they'll soon be out the door. The amount of illicit drug use in the highest professions would amaze the average citizen.

Hell, our last two presidents have admitted drug use - didn't seem to impede getting the top job in the country. :cool:

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Bill never inhaled. :roll:

Partial
10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm pretty sure you can be tested for drugs in similar manner as a DUI - at least that's what I learned from watching COPS.

I am really not sure that that is true. You can legally smoke all the marijuana you want. THC in your system is not an offense at all. It is posession that they get you for. I know for a fact there is no way to test for usage of ectasy or marijuana on the spot, but I don't know about the rest. I don't doubt the cops will find a way to pin something on you if they know you're impaired, but I don't think you can be charged for being impaired on substances beyond alcohol.

Fosco33
10-14-2006, 11:15 AM

I am really not sure that that is true. You can legally smoke all the marijuana you want. THC in your system is not an offense at all. It is posession that they get you for. I know for a fact there is no way to test for usage of ectasy or marijuana on the spot, but I don't know about the rest. I don't doubt the cops will find a way to pin something on you if they know you're impaired, but I don't think you can be charged for being impaired on substances beyond alcohol.

I know what you mean - regarding the use vs. possession - and I agree.

But driving while high on drugs is illegal and can be detected.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6493

CaptainKickass
10-14-2006, 04:23 PM

Yeah -

He just sucked!

Hahahahahaha

:mrgreen: :D

GrnBay007
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM

Yeah -

He just sucked!

Hahahahahaha

HE?

....oh wait, different subject. :oops:

:razz:

Fosco33
10-14-2006, 05:31 PM

Yeah -

He just sucked!

Hahahahahaha

HE?

....oh wait, different subject. :oops:

:razz:

:lol: :bow:

I think that's the republican congressman and a page....