PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Like Cheatin', But The Bears Deserve Some Love

son of a vic
10-11-2006, 09:11 PM
While the Packer fan in me hates everything related to Bears football, past or present, the football fan in me admires the way they play the game. Physical, fast, fundamental, and fun to watch.

Do I like seeing Bear's fans Happy? No, not on your life. But I do respect and appreciate good football when I see it. And right now the Bears are one of the best teams in the N.F.L.

Some of the Packer faithful try to convince themselves that the Bears could never be as good as their record indicates. They claim they play teams that are not at full strength, or are lucky, so on and so forth.
They are now the class of the division, and will be for the next couple of years, if not more.

You don't have to like it, but you must come to grips with the truth. And God so help me, if the cheerleaders around here go to the " yeah but---------------- we were better in the 90's, we have won more titles, blah, frickin' blah, I will personally drive my Dodge Caravan to every Dollar General and Family Dollar in Wisconsin, and buy every case of out-dated Kool-aid that is now on clearance. I will then sell it back to the blind faithful next summer during training camp, for profits bigger than a two-bit oil company could ever dream of making.
Summer is also the beginning of fantasy camp, for a lot of the posters around here.

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Thank you, Captain Obvious! Bears look very good. I think most can acknowledge that. It's pretty hard to argue when their average score is like 31-7. Sure, the schedule has been easy, but it's hard to argue with those results. That's all I'll say about the Bears though.

son of a vic
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
See, that's what I'm talking about. You say it's "obvious" but then you soil yourself with the "easy schedule line", that is full of crap. Vikings on the road, Seattle at home, and Buffalo on the road, are 3 wins against pretty good football teams. So apparently what's seems fairly obvious, is clouded by your bias.

BEARMAN
10-11-2006, 09:46 PM
As a BEARS fan myself, I will accept your (overdue) accolades. Thank You, you are too gracious. :cool:
Yes, the BEARS are doing great, so far, we just hope no one gets injured. I see DA BEARS being 8 an 0 going into our 3 game roadtrip. If they win all 3 on the road...Look Out Baby, History could be in the making ! :shock:
Again, Thanks for the kind words. :oops:

GO BEARS !

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2006, 09:46 PM
See, that's what I'm talking about. You say it's "obvious" but then you soil yourself with the "easy schedule line", that is full of crap. Vikings on the road, Seattle at home, and Buffalo on the road, are 3 wins against pretty good football teams. So apparently what's seems fairly obvious, is clouded by your bias.

Buffalo is 2-3. Minnesota is a shaky 3-2. Detroit is 0-5. Green Bay is 1-4. Seattle was without Shaun Alexander. That IS a soft schedule. Geez, don't take it personal, Bear troll.

They've beaten those teams by a 31-7 average. That's damn impressive. They look like the best team in football.

Partial
10-11-2006, 09:56 PM

Buffalo is 2-3. Minnesota is a shaky 3-2. Detroit is 0-5. Green Bay is 1-4. Seattle was without Shaun Alexander. That IS a soft schedule. Geez, don't take it personal, Bear troll.

They've beaten those teams by a 31-7 average. That's damn impressive. They look like the best team in football.

This side of the rockies, yes. Denver is the best team in football imo

MJZiggy
10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Enjoy it Bearman 'cause it may last a while, but it sure doesn't last forever.

son of a vic
10-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Call it soft, but I don't see any other teams in the league, pounding the snot out of the "softies," like Chicago has.

Do you realize how petty and foolish your argument is? They are good, period. No conspiracy, no magic beans, just the facts.

For the last time, I am not a troll, but if it empowers you to slander my allegiance, sleep well.

chewy-bacca
10-11-2006, 10:04 PM
As a BEARS fan myself, I will accept your (overdue) accolades. Thank You, you are too gracious. :cool:
Yes, the BEARS are doing great, so far, we just hope no one gets injured. I see DA BEARS being 8 an 0 going into our 3 game roadtrip. If they win all 3 on the road...Look Out Baby, History could be in the making ! :shock:
Again, Thanks for the kind words. :oops:

GO BEARS !

drrrrreeeeeam weaver.......

ahaha
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Call it soft, but I don't see any other teams in the league, pounding the snot out of the "softies," like Chicago has.

Do you realize how petty and foolish your argument is? They are good, period. No conspiracy, no magic beans, just the facts.

For the last time, I am not a troll, but if it empowers you to slander my allegiance, sleep well.

I don't get it. Petty and foolish? I don't think there is anyone on this board who doesn't think Chicago is one of the best teams in the NFL. Personally I would put them as my odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl, but I'm smart enough to know that 5 games into the season isn't full proof of anything. The Colts looked every bit as dominant through 5 games last year.

GrnBay007
10-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Personally I would put them as my odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl, but I'm smart enough to know that 5 games into the season isn't full proof of anything. The Colts looked every bit as dominant through 5 games last year.

True! And the Colts O was much more polished.

HarveyWallbangers
10-11-2006, 11:23 PM

Ummm... what part of "They look like the best team in football" did you not understand? Go ahead and suck Bear dick if you want. I acknowledged the fact the Bears are damn good. Excuse me if I don't feel like going on and on about how good they are. Why are you gettting so pissed about my supposed dig at the Bears? Kind of funny that you are Mr. Negative when it comes to your own team. If the Pack were 5-0, you'd probably complain about the soft schedule they were playing.

FavreChild
10-12-2006, 12:00 AM
So...you're a bear troll if you acknowledge that the bears are good? Sure, none of us wants this to be the case. And mock denial is totally cool - Bash away at the Bears!! It's fun, and a stress-reliever, when done in humor. :cool: That's a big part of what this site is here for.

But I am sick of this attitude that if you criticize Packers *management* (you know, the people in POWER), you are a traitor. Or if you "defend" the right of a respectful bear or viking fan to express his opinion, then you are a traitor. Only a very few posters exhibit this attitude, that *certain* viewpoints are not welcome. I'll refrain from making political analogies here, but I hope y'all can see the implication.

In fact, I have been accused of being traitouous, yet am one of the people who remains most positive about the team! I pick them every week to win, and argue they have a chance in every game. I'm critical, but hardly negative - believing that Green Bay is always the best team in all of NFL history.

I also believe that Green Bay Packer fans are the best fans in the world. We are known for being knowledgable, friendly, tolerant, and respectful.

Times of trouble can cause dissention in the ranks (as predicted by SOV, in fact). I'm sad to see that some of you have fulfilled that prophecy and do not agree with me about what it means to be a Packer fan.

Fortunately, this site had a good leader in MadTown, someone who, despite his endearing irreverence, does understand exactly what it means to be a Packer fan - that we are all united here for the same reason, a common purpose.

My point is...we're all in this together! Even though times are troubled, this "witch hunt" mentality exibited by a *few* lately is really unappealing (even though it is the Halloween season....get it, "witch" hunt?). :wink:

So the bottom line is....knock it off!! :mrgreen:

Seriously.

ahaha
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Son of a Vic IS a witch. How do I know? He turned me into a newt...............I got better.

Bretsky
10-12-2006, 12:21 AM
So...you're a bear troll if you acknowledge that the bears are good? Sure, none of us wants this to be the case. And mock denial is totally cool - Bash away at the Bears!! It's fun, and a stress-reliever, when done in humor. :cool: That's a big part of what this site is here for.

But I am sick of this attitude that if you criticize Packers *management* (you know, the people in POWER), you are a traitor. Or if you "defend" the right of a respectful bear or viking fan to express his opinion, then you are a traitor. Only a very few posters exhibit this attitude, that *certain* viewpoints are not welcome. I'll refrain from making political analogies here, but I hope y'all can see the implication.

In fact, I have been accused of being traitouous, yet am one of the people who remains most positive about the team! I pick them every week to win, and argue they have a chance in every game. I'm critical, but hardly negative - believing that Green Bay is always the best team in all of NFL history.

I also believe that Green Bay Packer fans are the best fans in the world. We are known for being knowledgable, friendly, tolerant, and respectful.

Times of trouble can cause dissention in the ranks (as predicted by SOV, in fact). I'm sad to see that some of you have fulfilled that prophecy and do not agree with me about what it means to be a Packer fan.

Fortunately, this site had a good leader in MadTown, someone who, despite his endearing irreverence, does understand exactly what it means to be a Packer fan - that we are all united here for the same reason, a common purpose.

My point is...we're all in this together! Even though times are troubled, this "witch hunt" mentality exibited by a *few* lately is really unappealing (even though it is the Halloween season....get it, "witch" hunt?). :wink:

So the bottom line is....knock it off!! :mrgreen:

Seriously.

You pick Green Bay to win each week ?? Can I extend a formal invitation to our high money confidence pool ? :wink: :mrgreen:

Sorry if I'm part of the witch hunt; can I call is a clown hunt instead....with the clown being Schottenheimer :wink:

Seriously though, people can be a Packer fan on several levels. Some of us choose to read more into things than others; if I break things down further and criticize moves Ted makes that doesn't make me any better or worse than the fan that fully supports Ted. I can still cheer for him to do good and also have the view that he sucked wind in free agency. Just a different view. That's why we're all hear. To respectfully share our views as fellow Packer fans toward the common hope that we win another Super Bowl, sometime sooner rather than later.

FavreChild
10-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Sorry, B, I am already losing money in another high stakes confidence pool. :mrgreen:

I was not addressing my remarks to you in the least, for the record. Without a doubt, we are all looking for some explanation, some reason, for the dismal performance of the team. We certainly have different opinions on the cause. But it's the turning on one another - the condeming of fellow Packer fans - that I refer to in my use of the term "witch hunt." I find that activity very unappealing.

Finding fault with a particular coach or player or strategy is one thing - that's called argument. Attacking each other on an emotional premise is another - and it's fallacious reasoning (ad hominem).

Blah, blah, blah, that was another boring lecture, I know.

Just clarifying that "calling Schott a clown" is not the problem I'm talking about. :wink:

And you are always respectful, even in disagreement, Bretsky.

Bretsky
10-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Sorry, B, I am already losing money in another high stakes confidence pool. :mrgreen:

I was not addressing my remarks to you in the least, for the record. Without a doubt, we are all looking for some explanation, some reason, for the dismal performance of the team. We certainly have different opinions on the cause. But it's the turning on one another - the condeming of fellow Packer fans - that I refer to in my use of the term "witch hunt." I find that activity very unappealing.

Finding fault with a particular coach or player or strategy is one thing - that's called argument. Attacking each other on an emotional premise is another - and it's fallacious reasoning (ad hominem).

Blah, blah, blah, that was another boring lecture, I know.

Just clarifying that "calling Schott a clown" is not the problem I'm talking about. :wink:

And you are always respectful, even in disagreement, Bretsky.

Well, it's OK if people take shots at me; it's been done is this forum and I'm sure it'll happen again. We just have to agree to disagree at times and move on and forgive and forget. The purpose of the forum is for everyone to express their opinions and feelings. The world would be boring if we all agreed with one another. There is only room for one B.

Peace to All Packer Fans.

B

HarveyWallbangers
10-12-2006, 01:45 AM

Are you talking to me? This is an old battle between me and Vic. I don't think he needs you sticking up for him. I couldn't care less if he praised the Bears or knocked the Packers (like normal). The tone is what gets me, so I throw it back at him. He can be a real sour old man. He hasn't even been around here--yet it's more of the same with this thread. This post could have been done diplomatically with a "Hey, the Bears are great this year". Nah, old Vic just can't do that. He's got to throw in some snide comment about the so-called Kool-Aid drinkers and the other garbage.

Tarlam!
10-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Thank you, Captain Obvious!

That was hysterically funny, Harv! Do it again, BOMNF!!!

Tarlam!
10-12-2006, 04:44 AM
As a BEARS fan myself, I will accept your (overdue) accolades.

Unlike Bears fans, Packer fans aren't premature - that's why your women love us so much....

packrulz
10-12-2006, 05:42 AM
I've read in several publications that the Bears have the easiest schedule in the league. They beat an injury riddled Seattle team but really haven't played any tough teams yet. They do have one of the best defenses I've seen so far this year, Lovie is a good coach and Grossman is better than I thought but really hasn't been smacked around yet. They'll make the playoffs but will probably lose in the first round.

swede
10-12-2006, 07:11 AM

Unlike Bears fans, Packer fans aren't premature - that's why your women love us so much....

Tarlam!

You wicked, wicked, cheeky little monkey! :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-12-2006, 09:02 AM
SOV!!!! Where you been you SOB??

You are right, the bears are on top of the NFL so they better win the Superbowl sooner then later. I think they need to lose some games on purpose so they dont get a first round bye and have to play at home. We all know how that has turned out the last two times. :mrgreen:

LaFours
10-12-2006, 09:15 AM

Devner is on this side of the Rockies. It's just right next to them.

BEARMAN
10-12-2006, 04:56 PM
WoW, .. :shock: I am sorry I said "Thank You"

You can slice it, dice it, cut it anyway you want, fact is, DA BEARS have out scored their opponents 156 to 36 ! Now first off, DA BEARS do not get to pick whom they will or will not play year to year, so soft or not soft, is not up to the BEARS ! Second, Thease were all profesional football teams, playing profesional athleats, they lined up their best 22 men, we lined up our best 22 men , and it was GAME ON ! We didn't just beat thease teams, we stomped them into the dirt ! 26 to 0, 34 to 7, 37 to 6, 40 to 7, the only close one was playing in their dome, and we still beat them 19 to 16. You can say whatever you want, truth be told, I am having a blast here, most of you guys(and gals) are cool and it is fun reading your posts, sorry you are having a bad year(well not that sorry) but I am estatic that DA BEARS are doing so well ! :cool:

GO BEARS !

Rastak
10-12-2006, 05:52 PM

You can slice it, dice it, cut it anyway you want, fact is, DA BEARS have out scored their opponents 156 to 36 ! Now first off, DA BEARS do not get to pick whom they will or will not play year to year, so soft or not soft, is not up to the BEARS ! Second, Thease were all profesional football teams, playing profesional athleats, they lined up their best 22 men, we lined up our best 22 men , and it was GAME ON ! We didn't just beat thease teams, we stomped them into the dirt ! 26 to 0, 34 to 7, 37 to 6, 40 to 7, the only close one was playing in their dome, and we still beat them 19 to 16. You can say whatever you want, truth be told, I am having a blast here, most of you guys(and gals) are cool and it is fun reading your posts, sorry you are having a bad year(well not that sorry) but I am estatic that DA BEARS are doing so well ! :cool:

GO BEARS !

Also note that the Vikings had the lead with 3 minutes left and should have beaten the mighty Bears if not for an untimely fumble,.....Harvey would call it a gift but I have to admit, a great Play by Tommie Harris and a great game by the Bears......

son of a vic
10-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Humble Harv says "Are you talking to me? This is an old battle between me and Vic. I don't think he needs you sticking up for him. I couldn't care less if he praised the Bears or knocked the Packers (like normal). The tone is what gets me, so I throw it back at him. He can be a real sour old man. He hasn't even been around here--yet it's more of the same with this thread. This post could have been done diplomatically with a "Hey, the Bears are great this year". Nah, old Vic just can't do that. He's got to throw in some snide comment about the so-called Kool-Aid drinkers and the other garbage."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've been through this a few times, but what the hell, I'll try again. Last year I was very critical of Sherman,because I felt strongly that his time here had passed, and the team was in shambles due to his country club coaching, and his abysmal drafting.

This season I have been very patient, probably more than the bandwagon jumpers, and you put me in the "negativity" box. Show me a post where I've been crabby and negative this year. I wait in earnest to see what you find, because it ain't there, horse. And I throw in the "juice" comments, because it's f'n "obvious" if you scan this forum everyday, that some can't put down the sauce.

I'm taking a gamble that most rational people get where I'm coming from on this. So I wouldn't expect Mr. Wallbanger to understand my point.

And just maybe, it's possible that copping an attitude is the result of the baseless mush that pops up in here everyday.

son of a vic
10-12-2006, 08:36 PM
"MadtownPacker"--------SOV!!!! Where you been you SOB??

Wating patiently for this team to show improvement without whining and bitching on a daily basis. That makes me a negative Bear troll I guess.

Rastak
10-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Humble Harv says "Are you talking to me? This is an old battle between me and Vic. I don't think he needs you sticking up for him. I couldn't care less if he praised the Bears or knocked the Packers (like normal). The tone is what gets me, so I throw it back at him. He can be a real sour old man. He hasn't even been around here--yet it's more of the same with this thread. This post could have been done diplomatically with a "Hey, the Bears are great this year". Nah, old Vic just can't do that. He's got to throw in some snide comment about the so-called Kool-Aid drinkers and the other garbage."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've been through this a few times, but what the hell, I'll try again. Last year I was very critical of Sherman,because I felt strongly that his time here had passed, and the team was in shambles due to his country club coaching, and his abysmal drafting.

This season I have been very patient, probably more than the bandwagon jumpers, and you put me in the "negativity" box. Show me a post where I've been crabby and negative this year. I wait in earnest to see what you find, because it ain't there, horse. And I throw in the "juice" comments, because it's f'n "obvious" if you scan this forum everyday, that some can't put down the sauce.

I'm taking a gamble that most rational people get where I'm coming from on this. So I wouldn't expect Mr. Wallbanger to understand my point.

And just maybe, it's possible that copping an attitude is the result of the baseless mush that pops up in here everyday.

Actually Harv ain't that old and my reference is more to his endless calling a good Viking defensive play a GIFT from the opposition. He hates the Vikes with a passion and has a very hard time admitting good stuff...he does it, but grudgingly. I think he works with Viking fans that give him endless shit which causes him to lash out.....(the official diagnosis from Dr. Rastak)....no harm intended Harv!

SOV, you gotta stop by more often.....

son of a vic
10-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Rastak my friend, Harv was the author of the first paragraph. I was just responding to his rant. He was calling me a crotchity old crankster, not vice versa.

Rastak
10-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Rastak my friend, Harv was the author of the first paragraph. I was just responding to his rant. He was calling me a crotchity old crankster, not vice versa.

Opps, I need to catch the bookmobile at the next NASCAR event to learn to read better....

son of a vic
10-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Know what the call a NASCAR fan that can read a stop sign? A speed reader, of course. I am now bracing myself for the neck-car hate posts.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:06 PM

Been away for awhile since it was no longer fun talking about the Pack cuz of their woes....But now to the topic at hand. Thanks for your awareness Vic but I doubt if it will win you any new friends amongst the Packer fans on here that has been calling for your head since JSonline.

And to you my friend that says Denver is the best team----you cant be serious? Did you see how poor they played against the Ravens? Given that the Ravens has a great D but if the Ravens had a QB that could move the ball consistantly Denver would have been blown out. Denver vs Chicago will be a laugher for the Bears.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:09 PM

I don't get it. Petty and foolish? I don't think there is anyone on this board who doesn't think Chicago is one of the best teams in the NFL. Personally I would put them as my odds-on favorite to win the Super Bowl, but I'm smart enough to know that 5 games into the season isn't full proof of anything. The Colts looked every bit as dominant through 5 games last year.
No they didn't. They had a offense with a so and so defense last year, and that what cost them in the playoffs. The Colts were winning because of their offense alone. They could have used the Packers defense on the field last year and came out with the same record.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Ummm... what part of "They look like the best team in football" did you not understand? Go ahead and suck Bear dick if you want. I acknowledged the fact the Bears are damn good. Excuse me if I don't feel like going on and on about how good they are. Why are you gettting so pissed about my supposed dig at the Bears? Kind of funny that you are Mr. Negative when it comes to your own team. If the Pack were 5-0, you'd probably complain about the soft schedule they were playing.
But instead you complain about the soft schedule the Bears are playing?

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:17 PM

Are you talking to me? This is an old battle between me and Vic. I don't think he needs you sticking up for him. I couldn't care less if he praised the Bears or knocked the Packers (like normal). The tone is what gets me, so I throw it back at him. He can be a real sour old man. He hasn't even been around here--yet it's more of the same with this thread. This post could have been done diplomatically with a "Hey, the Bears are great this year". Nah, old Vic just can't do that. He's got to throw in some snide comment about the so-called Kool-Aid drinkers and the other garbage.
The truth hurts man. He was just pointing out how some Packer fans will go out of their way to not credit the Bears with being a good team without saying stuff about a soft schedule(the same schedule most of you said will be the downfall of the Bears because they would be playing a first place schedule this year), or because certain players have been hurt on a team(although the Bears were without 2 of their defensive starting linemen against the Bills and still blew them out). Vic rips on the Bear fans on occasion so I dont defend him, but I do defend his logic which is fact.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Strange cuz my Girl was a Packer fan until she had some Bear meat. She realized cheese is no good without the Burger.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I've read in several publications that the Bears have the easiest schedule in the league. They beat an injury riddled Seattle team but really haven't played any tough teams yet. They do have one of the best defenses I've seen so far this year, Lovie is a good coach and Grossman is better than I thought but really hasn't been smacked around yet. They'll make the playoffs but will probably lose in the first round.
They wont lose in the first round cuz they will have a bye. Grossman doesnt get smacked around much cuz unlike the Packers GM , the Bears GM decided to make sure he has protection.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2006, 12:24 PM

Wating patiently for this team to show improvement without whining and bitching on a daily basis. That makes me a negative Bear troll I guess.

Nah man, you say what yo gotta say playa!! You saw that I agreed. The bears time is now. So they better handle they bizness!

Fans of the bear should only worry about them peaking too early like last seasons colts.

But the Pack has shown improvement. Hasnt turned into wins but they are getting there. You cant deny they are playing better then the shutout in week one right?

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:26 PM

GO BEARS !

Also note that the Vikings had the lead with 3 minutes left and should have beaten the mighty Bears if not for an untimely fumble,.....Harvey would call it a gift but I have to admit, a great Play by Tommie Harris and a great game by the Bears......
Some to forget that the Bears gave them an untimely INT for a TD right before that fumble. The Bears just did something with their turnover when it counted. The vikings had the Ball with minutes left on the clock and couldnt get it done. The Bears D clamped down and held on for the win." It will not be as close in Chicago." --save this qoute for later---

MadtownPacker
10-13-2006, 12:27 PM
They wont lose in the first round cuz they will have a bye. Grossman doesnt get smacked around much cuz unlike the Packers GM , the Bears GM decided to make sure he has protection.
Man Baddest, after the last two bear byes I would think you prefer the bears dont get a bye and instead go into the playoffs hot. It worked for the steelers last season.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:30 PM

Nah man, you say what yo gotta say playa!! You saw that I agreed. The bears time is now. So they better handle they bizness!

Fans of the bear should only worry about them peaking too early like last seasons colts.

But the Pack has shown improvement. Hasnt turned into wins but they are getting there. You cant deny they are playing better then the shutout in week one right?
I think the Pack is playing better. And they will more than likely win 3-4 more games. Dont know where but that is the most they can hope for at this point.

I dont think the Bears are peaking too early cuz each week they actually seem to be getting better each week on offense and defense. What I like about this team is that not one payer is saying how great they are. They are all talking about how they need to keep getting better. Lovie has them on the right track.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Man Baddest, after the last two bear byes I would think you prefer the bears dont get a bye and instead go into the playoffs hot. It worked for the steelers last season.
I think this team has a different mind set than previous years. And unlike the other years there is no glaring question marks on either side of the ball.
in 2001 they got there becuz of alot of blessed bounces going there way. Last year they got there in spite of an offense that was at the bottom of the league with a 4th round rookie. And then in the Playoffs they were without their starting Nickle back (Jerry Azumah) and Strong safety (Mike Brown) for most of the game which allowed Steve Smith to sodomize them. Enter Ricky Manning Jr. at nickle back this year and he has single handedly shut down the slot and already has 3 int's. Mike Brown barely is even tested cuz most WR's dont even make it back there to him before getting blasted or knocked off their routes. And with the addition of Daniel Manning at FS this secondary is much faster and physical then before. Jerry Angelo has built a team for success.

ahaha
10-13-2006, 12:56 PM

No they didn't. They had a offense with a so and so defense last year, and that what cost them in the playoffs. The Colts were winning because of their offense alone. They could have used the Packers defense on the field last year and came out with the same record.

I think your memory is clouded from your excitement over the Bears. Last year, at this time, many analysts were saying the Colts could possibly go undefeated. Why? Because their defense was finally playing good with lots of interceptions, sacks, and defensive TD's. That combined with their explosive offense led to them blowing teams out like this year's Bears.
My comparison is based on the EARLY season success of both teams.

Lets look at some of the Colts stats through 5 games last year.

at Baltimore 24-7
Jacksonville 10-3
Cleveland 13-6
at Tennesee 31-10
at San Fran 28-3

Colts defense:

Points per game - 5.8(WOW!)
Yards per game - 291.4
Defensive TD's - 2
Fumbles Rec - 2
Interceptions - 8
Sacks - 20

The point I was originally making was that 5 games into the season doesn't prove that any team is the best, i.e. last year's Colts. Personally, I think the Bears are, but if someone else has a different opinion it isn't "foolish" like SOV said. History proves me right.

son of a vic
10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
"MadtownPacker"-----------------------

"Nah man, you say what yo gotta say playa!! You saw that I agreed. The bears time is now. So they better handle they bizness!

But the Pack has shown improvement. Hasnt turned into wins but they are getting there. You cant deny they are playing better then the shutout in week one right?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going from embarrassing to bad isn't going to excite me too much. What really bothers me is that a lot of the mistakes are being made by vets, not just the rookies. For example, Brett fumbling last week. That kind of stuff can't happen.

MadtownPacker
10-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Going from embarrassing to bad isn't going to exite me too much. What really bothers me is that a lot of the mistakes are being made by vets, not just the rookies. For example, Brett fumbling last week. That kind of stuff can't happen.
Embarrassing to bad?? Damn Vic, lay off that drink, next you will be saying they are going to the SuperBowl.

I agree, Favre dropped the prize on that one. Some say lots of things happened but at that point the game was on him. In a way it is almost a good thing. He knows it and it will burn him cuz he will know they should have won that game. I feel concern for Miami's defense.

son of a vic
10-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I think by now, we all know that Brett likes to explain away his mistakes with the "risktaker" line. I highly doubt if he lost any sleep last sunday night, because in his mind, he was "trying to make a play", and that gets him off the hook for losing the game.

son of a vic
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Just to dispell the theory that I'm negative 100% of the time, I think Retail Guy and Harv are positively certifiable.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I think by now, we all know that Brett likes to explain away his mistakes with the "risktaker" line. I highly doubt if he lost any sleep last sunday night, because in his mind, he was "trying to make a play", and that gets him off the hook for losing the game.Your thinking is no more informed then anyone else's thinking. Favre was trying to make a play, he had made plays to get them down to the 11. He just didnt make the last play and that sealed the deal. To say he was risktaking on a play where the ball was slapped out of his hands would be kinda foolish.

He fumbled, that ended the game. What part of that was risktaking?

son of a vic
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM
When you hold the ball down around your waist with one hand, that would be considered careless. And that makes the risk of a turnover happening, a lot higher than having two hands on the ball, and holding it at chest level.

He has to a better job of protecting the football, but I doubt if he'll change his bad habits this late in his career.

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 10:36 PM
When you hold the ball down around your waist with one hand, that would be considered careless. And that makes the risk of a turnover happening, a lot higher than having two hands on the ball, and holding it at chest level.

Hard to throw the ball from there. QB's have that exact thing happen all the time. They're looking for a reciever and someone comes open before they have a chance to get rid of it.

lord favre
10-16-2006, 12:32 PM

GO BEARS !

This myth needs to be deispelled. The fumble came on a 3rd and 8 run. They weren't getting a first and were going to punt. The Bears were getting the ball back in decent field position w/ plenty of time on the clock and only needing a FG to tie. It was no fluke, no miracle, Tommie Harris beat the almight S. Hutchinson badly and got to the back at the same time as the QB handed him the ball.

A great player made a great play. Are we supposed to go back in time and take away all of Favres last minute heroics or put *'s next to those wins because the Packers were behind until he pulled the game out? It can't go both way people.

BEARMAN
10-16-2006, 01:39 PM

GO BEARS !

This myth needs to be deispelled. The fumble came on a 3rd and 8 run. They weren't getting a first and were going to punt. The Bears were getting the ball back in decent field position w/ plenty of time on the clock and only needing a FG to tie. It was no fluke, no miracle, Tommie Harris beat the almight S. Hutchinson badly and got to the back at the same time as the QB handed him the ball.

A great player made a great play. Are we supposed to go back in time and take away all of Favres last minute heroics or put *'s next to those wins because the Packers were behind until he pulled the game out? It can't go both way people.

THANK YOU ! I couldn'y have said it better ! You are 110% correct ! :mrgreen:

GO BEARS !

son of a vic
10-16-2006, 07:21 PM
"son of a vic"---------When you hold the ball down around your waist with one hand, that would be considered careless. And that makes the risk of a turnover happening, a lot higher than having two hands on the ball, and holding it at chest level.

The Zigger says------------"Hard to throw the ball from there. QB's have that exact thing happen all the time. They're looking for a reciever and someone comes open before they have a chance to get rid of it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many QB hold the ball like a loaf of bread, down by their hip, before they throw the ball? If Brett has the ball higher and closer to his body, that fumble doesn't happen. He made a huge mistake, and it possibly cost them the game.

MadtownPacker
10-16-2006, 07:31 PM
SOV, you are wrong. IT DID cost the game.

Thing is I dont recall that happening before like that. Game ending INT from Favre? Yes but not a fumble! Little made a great play, that cant be denied.

Favre has thrown over 400 TDs so it can't be that bad. Look at P Rivers, he sidearms it and is doing great.

son of a vic
10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Does anybody have the stats on how many fumbles Favre has in his career?
I'm curious to know, but too lazy to do the work. Woodbuck, I got a job for you! Could you break it down year by year? Just the numbers, please. No term papers.

Rastak
10-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Does anybody have the stats on how many fumbles Favre has in his career?
I'm curious to know, but too lazy to do the work. Woodbuck, I got a job for you! Could you break it down year by year? Just the numbers, please. No term papers.

You'd have better luck getting the straight numbers from Patler.... :smile:

But Woody will get you the resuts, you just have to sift for it.....