View Full Version : SURPRISE SURPRISE THE FRAUD IS OUT AGAIN

Bretsky
10-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Notes: Reception problems
Ferguson out four to six weeks
By BOB McGINN
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Oct. 11, 2006

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers need wide receiver Koren Robinson to put off as long as possible his pending one-year suspension from the National Football League because Robert Ferguson will be out until mid-season with a major injury to his right foot.

He was injured Oct. 2 returning a kickoff in the second half of the 31-9 loss in Philadelphia.

Ferguson, who was on crutches and moving slowly, said he didn't know if the front office considered him a candidate for injured reserve.

"We'll see how it goes after I come back," Ferguson said, referring to the bye. "Hopefully, I'll be back after that. There is no break."

Without Ferguson, the Packers are down to four wide receivers: Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Koren Robinson and Ruvell Martin. Driver has been battling a rib problem since being hit against the Eagles.

Robinson has all but acknowledged he has been notified by the league that he'll be suspended for a year. His attorney has asked the league for a stay until his legal problems in Minnesota are settled.

Injury list: Two other players, defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins and linebacker Abdul Hodge, also were on crutches Wednesday.

Jenkins suffered what he said was a bone bruise in his left ankle against the Rams. He has played in 37 straight regular-season games and wouldn't be able to play Sunday if the Packers had a game.

"With it just being a bruise I don't think so," Jenkins said when asked if the injury might keep him out for several weeks.

Hodge was walking fairly well and using the crutches mainly for support. He suffered a left knee injury in Philadelphia that in his opinion shouldn't be regarded as serious.

Linebacker Ben Taylor (left hamstring), who was hurt in Philly, would miss this week but intends to be back for Miami on Oct. 22.

"Definitely," he said. "I'm running on it now."

Bye practice: The Packers put on pads Wednesday and worked inside the Hutson Center for about 90 minutes.

After a walk-through of about 30 minutes to open practice, coach Mike McCarthy allowed six players to depart. The list included quarterback Brett Favre, running back Ahman Green, tackle Chad Clifton, cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson, and Driver.

Taking a shot: With punter Jon Ryan excused for the week due to an illness in his family, quarterback Ingle Martin punted in practice.

For Martin, it was a welcome relief from his limited duties as No. 3 quarterback. He punted in eight games at Florida in 2002, averaging 35.2 yards, and then punted at Furman last season, averaging 43.2 (gross) and 38.8 (net).

"They didn't want to blow out Dave Rayner's leg and I was ready, willing and able, I guess," Martin said. "All throughout the year I've been messing with it, saying, 'Coach (Mike) Stock, look at this.' Finally, it paid off."

Martin hit some poor punts, some averages ones and some boomers.

"It's something that obviously takes a lot of time and practice," Martin said. "I'd probably have to quit everything and devote my life to punting for two, three years to even get within range.

"Right now, I'm happy just to be thought of as an emergency guy, someone that can help the team out. I'll try to keep doing it."

A streak ends: Not only did the St. Louis Rams post a 23-20 victory on Sunday, they did something to Favre that no other opponent ever had done.

Entering the game, Favre had been 43-0 as a starter at Lambeau Field, counting playoffs, in games in which he didn't throw an interception. The Rams failed to intercept Favre but beat him, anyway.

Counting playoffs, Favre has started 246 games. He has thrown at least one interception in 161 games, or 65.4%, and none in 85 games, or 34.6%.

The Packers were 74-11 (.871) when Favre wasn't intercepted and 77-84 (.478) when he was.

In games without an interception, Favre is 43-1 at Lambeau Field, 2-0 at Milwaukee County Stadium, 28-10 on the road and 1-0 at a neutral site.

Staff moves:Scott McCurley has been assisting the defensive coaches since the start of training camp as a coaching administrative intern.

"He helps with the quality control," defensive coordinator Bob Sanders said. "Scott mainly works as an office assistant."

Meanwhile, the Packers have three offensive line coaches for the first time in their history with the decision last month by McCarthy to add camp intern Jerry Fontenot as a full-time assistant under Joe Philbin. The other O-line assistant is James Campen.

"A lot of times in team (practice) I'll take one side and 'Campy' will take another and Jerry will take the center," Philbin said. "Those guys do a fabulous job when we break them up into individual periods. They're very competent coaches."

Campen and Fontenot were starting centers in the NFL.

ahaha
10-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Is Carlton Brewster still out there?

SD GB fan
10-12-2006, 01:19 AM
i thought the same thing..but probably promoting one of the guys on PS

mmmdk
10-12-2006, 03:51 AM
I figured that much - Fergy was limping around when I saw him outside Lambeau saturday and monday. He could put no pressure on his injured foot.

KYPack
10-12-2006, 07:27 AM
This is essentially the last year of Ferg's deal.

He is so gone after this season.

He is def one of the most disappointing Packers of all-time.

swede
10-12-2006, 07:29 AM
I wonder if Bretsky has a suggestion as to who we might have drafted instead. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I say put Fergy on IR and bring in someone from the street. We know how quickly we can lose WR's to injury.

TT better be out looking for a taco or two! then again, he pulled this crap last year...didn't Fergy get hurt right before the bye week last year, too? TT did nothing as far as bringing in another WR. Instead, no...we start the next game with someone from the practice squad named Jamal Jones.

chewy-bacca
10-12-2006, 10:23 AM
TT better be out looking for a taco or two!

:lol:

wist43
10-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Let's see, Chris Chambers or Robert Ferguson??? Another bust.

Time to give Dorsey and Schneider a raise - they're track record is impeccable.

Tony Oday
10-12-2006, 11:07 AM
well we will have a High 1st round pick and a high second round pick. Lets go balls deep get a troubled Moss for Favre to throw to and then trade teh 2nd rounder for a SS :)

Fritz
10-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Well, this was, flat out, one of Ron Wolf's mistakes. I however was guilty, too, in that I thought Fergy was abetter pick than Chambers, who I thought was not physical enough. I was wrong.

GoPackGo
10-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Who was that 6"4" track star speed burner we had trying out in the preseason? Lets IR fergie and bring him back

P.S. people called Fergie annoy me

FritzDontBlitz
10-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Who was that 6"4" track star speed burner we had trying out in the preseason? Lets IR fergie and bring him back

P.S. people called Fergie annoy me

leo bookman.

i thought carlton brewster was looking like a poor man's greg jennings (that was supposed to be a positive) until his fumbles in preseason.

oh well.

i never understood why we kept fergy over rod gardner anyway. is he still out there?

woodbuck27
10-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I say put Fergy on IR and bring in someone from the street. We know how quickly we can lose WR's to injury.

TT better be out looking for a taco or two! then again, he pulled this crap last year...didn't Fergy get hurt right before the bye week last year, too? TT did nothing as far as bringing in another WR. Instead, no...we start the next game with someone from the practice squad named Jamal Jones.

Somewhere in there (after the loss of Javon Walker) Ted shunted Koren Robinson in for a look (wasn't Ted familiar with his skill set?) and out of Green Bay.

Guessing that " OUR GM " ... Ted Thompson needed more time to evaluate him?

Minny didn't need much time to bring Koren Robinson in nor let him go. What's the difference?

Skipping right along...

That's what makes the World spin. :mrgreen:

BF4MVP
10-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Bring in Charles Rogers...(I'm not joking) People are talkin about bringing Carlton Brewster, Taco Wallace, and Leo Bookman back, or promoting someone from the practice squad..Might as well get someone who has some talent..(and Rogers has a lot of talent)

PS...Does the whole Chambers thing really matter?? Everyone brings it up whenever there's a thread about Fergie..Was it a blown pick? Yes, of course it was. But who the hell cares? That was 5+ years ago. We got Greg Jennings now, who IMO will be better than Chambers is..It took Chambers 5 years to break 1,000 yards (1,118 in 2005, averaged 869.5 yards his first 4 seasons)..I think Jennings has a very good chance to break 1,000 in his ROOKIE SEASON...So get over your "OMG we didn't take a Badger" bullshit..We got Jennings now..

Jimx29
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Moss. :wink:

BF4MVP
10-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Moss. :wink:
haha him too..Moss is a lot better than Chambers, I'm surprised people don't bitch about that more...Then again, he went to The U, as opposed to Wisconsin... :wink:

GBRulz
10-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, at least it didn't take most of 5 years to realize that Fergie sucks :twisted:

You know that you'll never live that one down, right BF? :wink:

GBRulz
10-12-2006, 08:34 PM

Somewhere in there (after the loss of Javon Walker) Ted shunted Koren Robinson in for a look (wasn't Ted familiar with his skill set?) and out of Green Bay.

Minny didn't need much time to bring Koren Robinson in nor let him go. What's the difference?

Skipping right along...

Woody, are you sure about that? I don't remember when the Queens signed him but I thought it was before the season not during it. Rastak would know.....

Rastak
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM

Skipping right along...

Woody, are you sure about that? I don't remember when the Queens signed him but I thought it was before the season not during it. Rastak would know.....

The Vikings signed him before the season then cut him before game one. The reason was they didn't want to gaurentee his contract because he is a cronic screw up. After cutting him TT made a run and offered more than the Vikings but Koren had given his word (hey he does have some good qualities) and told TT sorry but I can't. Since he had a 1 year deal, during the offseason this summer the Vikes signed him to an 11M deal and he turned around and pissed in their face. It's his way, although I'm almost possitive he doesn't do it on purpose, he just a royal fuck up and a good guy. I'm sure we'll see more fuck ups before the curtain comes down.

History lesson brought to you by Rastak.

Bretsky
10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Bring in Charles Rogers...(I'm not joking) People are talkin about bringing Carlton Brewster, Taco Wallace, and Leo Bookman back, or promoting someone from the practice squad..Might as well get someone who has some talent..(and Rogers has a lot of talent)

PS...Does the whole Chambers thing really matter?? Everyone brings it up whenever there's a thread about Fergie..Was it a blown pick? Yes, of course it was. But who the hell cares? That was 5+ years ago. We got Greg Jennings now, who IMO will be better than Chambers is..It took Chambers 5 years to break 1,000 yards (1,118 in 2005, averaged 869.5 yards his first 4 seasons)..I think Jennings has a very good chance to break 1,000 in his ROOKIE SEASON...So get over your "OMG we didn't take a Badger" bullshit..We got Jennings now..

If Chambers had Favre throwing to him as a rookie he might have been a 1,000 yard receiver right off the bat too :wink:

cpk1994
10-14-2006, 06:29 AM

PS...Does the whole Chambers thing really matter?? Everyone brings it up whenever there's a thread about Fergie..Was it a blown pick? Yes, of course it was. But who the hell cares? That was 5+ years ago. We got Greg Jennings now, who IMO will be better than Chambers is..It took Chambers 5 years to break 1,000 yards (1,118 in 2005, averaged 869.5 yards his first 4 seasons)..I think Jennings has a very good chance to break 1,000 in his ROOKIE SEASON...So get over your "OMG we didn't take a Badger" bullshit..We got Jennings now..Yeah, he has a lot of talent but he can't use because he can't stay healthy. There is a reason he hasn't been signed by anybody.