PDA

View Full Version : Thank God, it's snowing!!!

justanotherpackfan
10-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Yes it is! It won't accumulate to anything but it's still nice to see. In northern Wisconsin and Michigan they are expected to get 3-9 inches.

BF4MVP
10-12-2006, 06:48 PM
gah....it's October..It shouldn't snow yet..

I wish we could only have snow for three days: December 24th, 25th, and 26th...Snow during Christmas time is awesome..Any other day, it just makes it impossible to drive...

justanotherpackfan
10-12-2006, 07:10 PM

I wish we could only have snow for three days: December 24th, 25th, and 26th...Snow during Christmas time is awesome..Any other day, it just makes it impossible to drive...
That's the spirit. :mad: :neutral:

GrnBay007
10-12-2006, 07:14 PM
wayyyyyy too early for snow. We had some here today too. :sad:

justanotherpackfan
10-12-2006, 07:17 PM
wayyyyyy too early for snow. We had some here today too. :sad:
SLEDDING. :cool:

chewy-bacca
10-12-2006, 07:32 PM
its gonna be 60 here Sat. night. :neutral:

MJZiggy
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I had my window open all day...

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Tyrone thought the reference to snowing was something else. Dang. :evil:

GBRulz
10-12-2006, 07:45 PM
The temp in GB right now is about 68 degrees......in the house :wink:

hurleyfan
10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
I love the snow!

Trouble is..it's only freaking October 12!

Going to be cold here in NY tomorrow, and I have a golf tournament.. Let's see, dress warm, and bring some nice Whiskey to warm the bones!

Joemailman
10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Storm Warning for U.P.:

Severe Weather Alert

Winter Storm Warning

/O.EXT.KMQT.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z- 061014T0400Z/ KEWEENAW-NORTHERN HOUGHTON- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... COPPER HARBOR...HOUGHTON...HANCOCK 419 PM EDT THU OCT 12 2006
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT FRIDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE HAS EXTENDED THE WINTER STORM WARNING UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT FRIDAY NIGHT.

HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS WILL PERSIST OVER MUCH OF THE KEWEENAW PENINSULA THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING. THE HEAVY SNOWFALL WILL BE FOCUSED OVER THE NORTHERN PART OF THE KEWEENAW PENINSULA EARLY THIS EVENING...BUT AS WINDS BECOME MORE WESTERLY DURING THE NIGHT AND NORTHWEST FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING...LOOK FOR THE AXIS OF HEAVIER SNOWFALL TO SHIFT SOUTHWARD INTO THE HIGHER TERRAIN AROUND HOUGHTON AND ALONG THE M-26 CORRIDOR FROM TWIN LAKES TO MOHAWK IN KEWEENAW COUNTY. ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL TOTALS WILL RANGE FROM 4 TO AS MUCH AS 12 INCHES THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING OVERNIGHT TONIGHT INTO MIDDAY FRIDAY. SNOW NEAR THE LAKE SUPERIOR SHORE WILL BE MIXED WITH RAIN...SO ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS THERE THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING WILL BE 3 INCHES OR LESS.

IN ADDITION TO THE HEAVY SNOWFALL... WESTERLY WINDS WILL GUST IN EXCESS OF 40 MPH AT TIMES AND MAY GUST TO 50 MPH TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY. THESE STRONG WINDS MAY CREATE NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES...PARTICULARLY IN OPEN AREAS WITH A WEST FACING EXPOSURE.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO ANTICIPATED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

NEW: More detailed local map tracking!
Mark your exact location on weather.com radar maps - click here

hurleyfan
10-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey Joe, you a Marquette guy?

I was born there, spent the first seven years of life there, went to kiddie garden at Sandy Knoll school (still there?) First grade at St Johns, then relocated to NY..

Spent many summers on the shores of Lake Superior and Deer Lake(dad knew friends that had 2nd homes we stayed at when visiting)

Jimx29
10-12-2006, 08:49 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/48duhki.jpg

GBRulz
10-12-2006, 08:57 PM
global warming, my ass

KYPack
10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Global warming ain't hit Northern WI and the UP yet, GBM!

superfan
10-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I know everyone here will be shocked to hear this, but it is currently snowing in Minneapolis.

Global warming here = 60 degrees

A bit off topic, but it is funny how some people assume that because you live in Minnesota, it must be cold all the time. Some lifetime southerners don't realize that it actually gets hot in the upper midwest in the summer.

True story -- once I was on a phone call in July with somebody in Texas. He was complaining about how hot it was -- he said it was 93 degrees. I told him that it was 98 degrees in Minneapolis, and he refused to believe me. He was convinced that it never got over 60 degrees in this part of the country. Tried to tell me I was wrong. :D :crazy:

woodbuck27
10-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes it is! It won't accumulate to anything but it's still nice to see. In northern Wisconsin and Michigan they are expected to get 3-9 inches.

Are you up early on a deer hunt tomorrow morning?

I can't think of another reason why snow before mid October is really cool. LOL :mrgreen:

Going sliding? Snow fort? First snowman since last Winter?

Enemies "to wing" with snowballs? LOVE to see people shovel?

Love to see the Elderly fall and break a hip? :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
10-13-2006, 12:24 AM
global warming, my ass

:mrgreen: X 10 !!!!

superfan
10-13-2006, 01:00 AM

That's just "cold". :smile:

Partial
10-13-2006, 10:59 AM

and a bitch to get outta bed and walk to class!

Partial
10-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Buffalo got 2 feet of snow. Outrageous!

GBRulz
10-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Better them than us!

MJZiggy
10-13-2006, 01:10 PM
That's why I don't live in Buffalo. :mrgreen:

oregonpackfan
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
My sister at Lake Powers, WI called to say it was snowing there. At the same time it was 77 and sunny here in Oregon.

I still remember the time as a kid in Rice Lake when we couldn't go Trick-or-Treating on Halloween because it snowed 8-10". I was traumatized for some time.): :smile:

OPF

justanotherpackfan
10-13-2006, 04:46 PM

I can't think of another reason why snow before mid October is really cool. LOL :mrgreen:

No, I'm not a hunter but I do want to sled pretty bad.

woodbuck27
10-13-2006, 05:18 PM

No, I'm not a hunter but I do want to sled pretty bad.

I've got a hunch that your a late teen... Packer fan?

If so... I can admit that when I was 15 -19 that I lived in a place that had a fantastic toboggan hill, and friends and I had a blast doing that activity often at night. Skating and playing hockey on the lakes and ponds also were favourite pursuits.

We also had organized snowball fights in Winter to keep the arm in shape for the Organized rock fights in the summer month..no kidding.

Enjoy this stuff when your young for all it's worth as you may have different feelings about snow as you get older. Some get too old to fast.

The remark RE: "the Elderly and broken hips" isn't meant to snow on your... " joy of snow ", jusyanotherpackfan.

It's just " a fact of life" and fear/concern for these poor older folk that struggle with snow and ice in the Winter months; and the dread of falling and incurring a crippling or life threatening injury.

:idea: Alot of people arn't aware just how serious a broken hip can be to a Senior. :idea:

Many die fr. that every Winter or otherwise.

Enjoy the snow for all it's worth to YOU. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey B. I sent you a pm.

KYPack
10-13-2006, 09:57 PM

Buffalo is a strange, drunken, surly town. The weather there makes WI look like the Keys!

They get that lake effect snow & it doesn't ever quit.

Don't ever attend a football game there. You are taking your life in your hands.

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 07:47 AM

Buffalo is a strange, drunken, surly town. The weather there makes WI look like the Keys!

They get that lake effect snow & it doesn't ever quit.

Don't ever attend a football game there. You are taking your life in your hands.

Back when I was " the young Buck". Myself and a bunch of my Bud's, arrived in Montreal fr. "the Maritimes" with a Host of other Maritimer's... for two Hockey games Fri. Night "the NY Islanders" Sat night "the Buffalo Sabers".

At Sat. nights game there were two busloads of Saber fans in attendance.

We met and partied with some of "the whoamen Saber fans" after the game. We discovered... that they were REAL friendly. :mrgreen: