PDA

View Full Version : Vincent released-Who wants to see him?

LEWCWA
10-12-2006, 07:11 PM
I for one would like to see him come in here and play the rest of this year and maybe next....Dendy sure isn't the answer.

Pacopete4
10-12-2006, 07:14 PM
isnt vincent a saftey? or am i wrong?

LEWCWA
10-12-2006, 07:37 PM
He played most of his career as a cb, the last couple as free saftey. The guy could really help solidify our defensive backfield....

Tyrone Bigguns
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
isnt vincent a saftey? or am i wrong?

You are right.

hurleyfan
10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
He was released for a reason... age? Speed? injury?

pittstang5
10-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Vincent was a great player when he played with the Eagles, then went to Buffalo and dissappeared.......product of the system or the Eagles new when to let go?

Anyway...he's old...TT doesn't sign anyone unless they're in their 20s.

Brando19
10-12-2006, 08:55 PM
He was released for a reason... age? Speed? injury?

He wanted to be released didn't he?

KYPack
10-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Troy is strictly a safety at this point in his career.

He's also pretty well hit out.

I love the guy & yeah, we shoulda drafted him back in the day.

He would help a bit, but I'd rather give Culver the reps.

digitaldean
10-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Get him in here for a work out.

If he still has something in the tank, sign him.

We're only 31st vs. the pass for crying out loud!

xxmattsharpxx
10-12-2006, 09:29 PM
He couldn't be any worse than Manuel could he.....

Maybe bring some veteran leadership into the backfield to help teach Culver and Collins (Harris and Woodsons no shows in off-season probably didn't help)

I personally think he could really help.

BUT...why would he want to come to Green Bay anyway, obviously at the end of his career and probably looking to go to a contender anyways :lol:

woodbuck27
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Get him in here for a work out.

If he still has something in the tank, sign him.

We're only 31st vs. the pass for crying out loud!

Come on now . NO PANIC ! We still have room to slip... before the long Ole climb back to the porch... We can go to bed after brecky. :mrgreen:

LEWCWA
10-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Vincent asked for his release, cause Buf. put him on IR. He wants to play. The reason I like a guy like him coming in is Wolf and Holmgren didn't build their team with all young guys, They brought in stop gap vetrans with a couple years left to help show the young guys how to be a professional, win games, etc...the position we are in Vincent could do that playing some saftey and nickle...This would be a good guy to help a player like Collins...I don't care what Thompson will do, I just care about what he should do!

superfan
10-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm all for it in the interest of veteran locker room leadership, if nothing else. By all accounts he's a great guy.

Joemailman
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Vincent Gets His Release From Bills
From News Services and Staff Reports
Friday, October 13, 2006; Page E04

Troy Vincent is a free agent after the Bills granted the veteran defensive back's wish to be released yesterday.

The team announced in a two-paragraph statement that it terminated Vincent from its injured reserve list.

Vincent told the Associated Press earlier in the day that he anticipated the move, saying he made the request to be released on Wednesday. The 15-year NFL veteran said he's open to offers to play for another team now that he's fully recovered from a left hamstring injury that led Buffalo to place him on injured reserve four weeks ago.

"I'm ready to go," the 35-year-old Vincent said. "I still want to play some football."

Vincent was not pleased with how the team handled his status after he was hurt in the Bills' season-opening loss at New England. Citing their depleted depth at safety, the Bills placed Vincent on IR to clear a roster spot even though his injury was considered minor.

Vincent, who had three years left on his contract beyond this season, believes the decision to put him on injured reserve was a way for the team to cut him.

A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Vincent is coming off a strong season in which he posted a career-high 102 tackles and led the Bills with four interceptions. He entered this season with 47 interceptions, most among active players.

If he is healthy, this might be worth looking in to. Manuel just seems like a bad fit in this defense.

FritzDontBlitz
10-13-2006, 03:59 AM
Vincent asked for his release, cause Buf. put him on IR. He wants to play. The reason I like a guy like him coming in is Wolf and Holmgren didn't build their team with all young guys, They brought in stop gap vetrans with a couple years left to help show the young guys how to be a professional, win games, etc...the position we are in Vincent could do that playing some saftey and nickle...This would be a good guy to help a player like Collins...I don't care what Thompson will do, I just care about what he should do!

i agree. the team needs all the experience it can get in the defensive backfield. who cares about the rookies reps, the name of the game is winning....

prsnfoto
10-13-2006, 08:46 AM
He is far from washed up but don't worry TT would never do what makes sense rumor has it he wipes his ass with Kleenex instead of toilet paper go figure.

MJZiggy
10-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Gotta support Kimberly-Clark ya know... :mrgreen:

mngolf19
10-13-2006, 12:40 PM
I was hoping the Vikes would look at him. Would be surprised if he isn't on someone's roster for this weekend's games.

Partial
10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I say bring in the red and white alum and have him be our secondary coach.

FritzDontBlitz
10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I say bring in the red and white alum and have him be our secondary coach.

not a bad idea actually. of course, leroy butler would be a great help coaching the defensive backfield too...

ND72
10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
lets be serious here guys...do you seriously think Troy Vincent would come here? NO. He will only sign with a contender. For a guy who's been in the leauge, and maybe have 1 or 2 years left in the league, he won't sign with a team that might win 6 games. it's a great dream, but no.

packrulz
10-13-2006, 03:56 PM
lets be serious here guys...do you seriously think Troy Vincent would come here? NO. He will only sign with a contender. For a guy who's been in the leauge, and maybe have 1 or 2 years left in the league, he won't sign with a team that might win 6 games. it's a great dream, but no.

I'm not sure about that, he's coming off an injury, he's older, and probably will cost a lot. I'm not sure he'll be able to pick and choose a contender.

Green Bud Packer
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
not a bad idea actually. of course, leroy butler would be a great help coaching the defensive backfield too... i've read some question leroy's commitment to put in the hours needed to coach.i say give him a shot.he was a smart player maybe it would translate to the young guns.

KYPack
10-13-2006, 06:04 PM

I'm not sure about that, he's coming off an injury, he's older, and probably will cost a lot. I'm not sure he'll be able to pick and choose a contender.

Buffalo has to pay him 2.6 million. He'll be a bargain for whatever team signs him.

I would not be shocked to see Troy go to NE