PDA

View Full Version : 10 players that should be dealt

packinpatland
10-13-2006, 05:15 PM
According to Sports Illustrated Brett Favre is one of these 10.
But then again 'Z' probably put together the list.

MJZiggy
10-13-2006, 05:24 PM
They really need to get over that. The man has a no-trade clause in his contract and has already said (probably more than once) that he wouldn't go. So how exactly is Ted supposed to make that trade? And Cedric Benson?? Are you kidding me? Why exactly do the Bears WANT to trade away their depth? (Not that it wouldn't make me happy if they did, but come on!)

gbpackfan
10-13-2006, 05:35 PM
My God. Talk about over kill. Favre is the best thing to ever happen to the Green Bay Packers. Why would we trade him away? So fucking stupid!

MJZiggy
10-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Why would any of these teams trade these players? (Except for Moss and Porter who are being pitas)?

packinpatland
10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Because the media is the media and will never change.
No news today? Make a story up.

BF4MVP
10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow.....

The national media is even dumber than I thought. :shock:

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Headline:

PACKER FANS Beaten Up By Media Blitz - Demand that Ted Thompson Trade Brett Favre

Brett Favre's (Sane)day Reaction......Whhhhaaaatttt?? :mrgreen:

packinpatland
10-14-2006, 07:52 AM
With TT in charge it's hard to be complacent about talk like this.
It would be just like him to trade Brett and give him as much notice as he gave Gado.

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 08:02 AM
It would be just like him to trade Brett and give him as much notice as he gave Gado.

Can't happen. He has to give approval to be traded. That ain't gonna happen.

Merlin
10-14-2006, 08:31 AM
You never know what Favre is going to do. He is a competator first and foremost and I for one wouldn't feel slighted by him if he took a trade to a playoff caliber team. He has given us 14+ good years and even though I would hate to see him go, he has the right to be a winner. He deserves that. If TT isn't going to field an NFL team, that isn't on Brett. He is an elite QB in the league and he is the only QB with good stats to have a losing record. That isn't his fault. I would love to see him in Dallas with TO & Glenn. I could see him in Oakland to, hell they have the talent and we know Favre can run the game, Shell wouldn't need to do anything, not like he is now anyway.

TT thinks this is the 1980's, it isn't. Teams don't wait 5 years to field a competative team. Even though I think we have some potentially good players, the team lacks the coaching to bring it together. Bring Bates BACK for the defense and that is an immediate upgrade. Offensively, I like Jagnoski & McCarthy's approach although I don't like the Shotgun all game. The WCO thrives on the play action pass and when you have two plays, slant/dumpoff pass and the draw, teams will figure it out.

WE ARE NOT THE CHICAGO BEARS DAMNIT!!

packinpatland
10-14-2006, 08:49 AM

Can't happen. He has to give approval to be traded. That ain't gonna happen.

Is it contract differences? Why was Gado so surprised at his trade?

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I believe it is contract and career differences. Gado got surprised with his trade because he is in his rookie contract, just starting out in his career, struggling a bit and has no leverage. Favre is at the end of a fabulous career, his contract is written to keep him in GB and he's said publicly that if they trade him he won't go. He has that kind of leverage at this point in his career, because any team that would take him knows that if he doesn't want to be there he'll retire and that's the end of it.

packinpatland
10-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Sounds pausible.

Rastak
10-14-2006, 11:24 AM
I believe it is contract and career differences. Gado got surprised with his trade because he is in his rookie contract, just starting out in his career, struggling a bit and has no leverage. Favre is at the end of a fabulous career, his contract is written to keep him in GB and he's said publicly that if they trade him he won't go. He has that kind of leverage at this point in his career, because any team that would take him knows that if he doesn't want to be there he'll retire and that's the end of it.

Actually Ziggy, what he said was if the Packers don't want me and I feel like I can still play I'd consider playing elsewhere. How does that quote equate to he wouldn't go? I think it's HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely it would happen...but don't make it sound impossible.

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Because at the local press conference after that he was asked flat out if he would go were he traded and he said no. Followed by a 5 minute explanation as to why.

BF4MVP
10-14-2006, 11:31 AM

Actually Ziggy, what he said was if the Packers don't want me and I feel like I can still play I'd consider playing elsewhere. How does that quote equate to he wouldn't go? I think it's HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely it would happen...but don't make it sound impossible.
Actually in a press conference recently (mid-to-late Sept) he said that he was "99.9% sure" that Ted wouldn't want to trade him, and also, "would I go? I don't think so. I really don't."

P.S. Ziggy beat me to it..my bad

Rastak
10-14-2006, 11:35 AM

Actually in a press conference recently (mid-to-late Sept) he said that he was "99.9% sure" that he wouldn't be traded, and also, "would I go? I don't think so. I really don't."

Good catrch, he didn't say he wouldn't go, he said he didn't think so. I don't think he's closed the door on ANYTHING at this point.

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok, how 'bout the fact that TT and M3 have both said they have no intention of trading him?

Rastak
10-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok, how 'bout the fact that TT and M3 have both said they have no intention of trading him?

Don't change the subject Ziggy....LOL.....M3 and TT also said Harris was missing minicamp because he had some stuff to do and he was happy with his contract. Favre keeps contradicting himself....don't make it so cut and dried Ziggy. Hey, I agree it's extremely unlikely.

Fosco33
10-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Porter suspended 4 games for conduct detrimental to the team.