PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood

chewy-bacca
10-13-2006, 08:31 PM
ok, so im way late on this show. The rest of my Fam. have been watching since the start. I just got into it. HOLLY SHIT WHAT A KILLER SHOW!!!!!!
I didnt really start digging history till after school, and it was mostly WW2. However, this show has made me see just how bad ass the West was. Knowing that it is based on real people in a real time and it seems pretty much on point too makes it so fun to watch. I am collecting the seasons on my PC, I have finished the 2nd season and cant wait to start the 3rd.

Anyone like this show and care to comment. PLEASE KEEP THEM TO 1ST OR 2ND SEASON AS i HAVE NOT SEEN THE 3RD, AND i DONT WANT THE STORY MESSED UP

word. :cool:

ahaha
10-13-2006, 08:55 PM
This is by far my favorite television show. Al Swearengen is the coolest character in T.V. history. Season 1 was classic, #2 was pretty good, and #3 is somewhere in between.
Bad news for you friend, HBO has announced there won't be a third season. David Milch is going to do some other project. They're planning on doing a two part mini-series next year though. I don't know how many of the original actors will participate though.

ahaha
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I love how they give parts of the story by Swearengen speaking what's in his mind when he talks to the dead indian head, or when he's getting a blow-job. Beautiful.

chewy-bacca
10-13-2006, 09:08 PM
:cool: :cool: to all that.....I know of the mini thing, I am to understand the deal is done. its all good, it has to end sometime. Im just happy as hell to have found it. your right, Al is a badass co#%sucker :lol:

I watch one after another, hours are spent. I cant wait to see what happens!

chewy-bacca
10-13-2006, 09:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/jizzo420/deadwood-seth1.jpg

I got this as my Avitar in another BB

ahaha
10-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Another show that's similar to "Deadwood" (set in a historical setting, power politics, violence and sex, great characters, awesome dialogue ) is HBO's "Rome". They're in production for season 2, but I'm not sure when it starts, but I'm thinking sometime this winter. Season one took place during Julius Ceasar's rise to power, and it's full of all the politics, corruption, sex, and violence of the time.
Fuck network T.V. There's a reason HBO, despite being a network you have to pay for, dominates the emmys. HBO rules!

chewy-bacca
10-13-2006, 09:21 PM
word, Ill check it.

ahaha
10-13-2006, 09:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/jizzo420/deadwood-seth1.jpg

I got this as my Avitar in another BB

Awesome!

Swearengen would be good too. Maybe one of him grabbing Trixie's snatch, with that look of pure evil on his face. :twisted:

chewy-bacca
10-13-2006, 09:25 PM
hahahahaha, the stuff he went through in season 2, man it was hard to sit through. :shock:

ouch.

KYPack
10-13-2006, 09:33 PM
This is by far my favorite television show. Al Swearengen is the coolest character in T.V. history. Season 1 was classic, #2 was pretty good, and #3 is somewhere in between.
Bad news for you friend, HBO has announced there won't be a third season. David Milch is going to do some other project. They're planning on doing a two part mini-series next year though. I don't know how many of the original actors will participate though.

Season 3 is so uneven, I've placed "Deadwood" in my rearview mirror.

There were some story arcs that just didn't work.

The writing ran out of gas, so I can move on.

Rome is a fantastic show and it really vputs some of the quirky history of Rome to life.

chewy-bacca
10-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Season 3 is so uneven, I've placed "Deadwood" in my rearview mirror.

There were some story arcs that just didn't work.

The writing ran out of gas, so I can move on.

PLEASE KEEP THEM TO 1ST OR 2ND SEASON AS i HAVE NOT SEEN THE 3RD, AND i DONT WANT THE STORY MESSED UP

:idea:

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 08:13 AM
favrechild will be all over this thread. She's a HUGE fan of Deadwood.as I recall

There is another thread on Deadwood, in RR I believe. Tucked away back when PACKERRATS was in it's infancy.

Never seen Deadwood myself... but favrechild should be in SALES. :mrgreen: