PDA

View Full Version : Harris Rumors

Brando19
10-13-2006, 10:42 PM
The 49ers are reportedly interested in adding a veteran cornerback to their struggling secondary, possibly in exchange for a future draft pick. The one guy who might be available is Al Harris from the Packers. Problem is, there is baggage: Harris missed offseason workouts because he wanted a new contract. Last week, he dropped an interception that landed in his hands and was schooled by Rams wide receiver Torry Holt.

This is according to foxsports. Would anyone be upset if we accepted a 3rd round pick from the 49ers in exchange for Harris?

Joemailman
10-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Hard to imagine the Packers doing that after getting rid of Carroll. If Blackmon were healthy, maybe they would consider it, but not now.

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 12:17 AM
This is now a tough call with TT releasing A. Carroll... which I will stand on as not being the brightest of moves esp. given OUR situation at CB and the way OUR Secondary isn't performing.

Al Harris for a third ?

The way he appears to be playing in my view . . . I'd advise y'all to watch as much video that may show him on UTube as possible, as all 5 Packer games are available there.

Al Harris isn't long for OUR Team as it all appears headed.

Trade him and go with a wish and a prayer? mmmmm

DAM tough call as what's left (really) with "the other pokey at LCB... I see playing alot on the seat of his pants.

What a boner TT made there.

Once upon a time star CB Charles Woodson...

and $10 Million = peeeuuu!

The Green Bay Packers are in such a mess, but it's really BEST to go status quo....or is it?

OK... after a second pass through this... let's run by the seat of OUR pants.

Screw it ! YES...

Trade Al Harris for a 3rd.

Let's deal him and deal with whatever is causing him to play so poorly that way.

Get something in return and [b]a 3rd is REAL good.

Al Harris has played poorly over the last 9 games for us going back to 2005.

Al Harris is done as a PACKER, or it certainly appears that way to me.

LEWCWA
10-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Harris got schooled by Holt? Didn't he only have like 4 catches for 40 yards or so...Holt must not run a very tough school!!!

esoxx
10-14-2006, 01:58 AM
No one's giving up a third round pick for Al Harris at this stage of his career.

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 02:10 AM
No one's giving up a third round pick for Al Harris at this stage of his career.

Yea.

That's.......

The Rest of the STORY. :idea:

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Hard to imagine the Packers doing that after getting rid of Carroll. If Blackmon were healthy, maybe they would consider it, but not now.

I don't think they do it even with Blackmon health as he's a rookie that they haven't seen on the field yet. It would make no sense no matter how good he was in college.

Merlin
10-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Harris isn't going anywhere this season. Although it wouldn't be a shock if he were let go the day after the season. He isn't one of TT's guys and even with 7 million in our pockets, TT won't renoegotiate his contract. Face it, Harris is a good CB, he is our best DB by far. He isn't getting paid near what Woodson is. I would be pissed if I were him to.

BallHawk
10-14-2006, 10:04 AM
It's obvious that Harris is slowly falling behind in this league. He is still an above average CB, but not for much longer. I'm sure everybody has noted Harris' increased number of pass interference and holding penalties. This isn't rookie inexperience. If you look at some of his penalties he's doing it to prevent the big play, after he falls behind. IMO, this is a sign of things to come. His contract demands are crazy. At his age he's not gonna get the contract he's looking for. However, relying on Blackmon already is asking too much. He's just a rookie. But, if this season continues on the downward path it is going, I wouldn't be against trading Harris to a contender in need of a veteran Corner in exchange for a mid-range pick. This is a team of youth, and I wouldn't mind seeing what Blackmon has to offer.

mraynrand
10-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Harris got schooled by Holt? Didn't he only have like 4 catches for 40 yards or so...Holt must not run a very tough school!!!

You beat me to it. 3 receptions for 40 yards and a TD. I think it's one of those charter schools that diesn't hand out homework. In any case, the stats undermine the credibility of the report, don't they.

MadtownPacker
10-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Haha, schooling, these guys are hilarious.

But no way to a trade unless TT really wants the #1 pick.

KYPack
10-14-2006, 04:20 PM
As many others have mentioned, no can do.

All we have to put in at corner is the Kiddie Korp.

Game reps are valuable, but none of our rook cormers are ready for the field in an actual game.

I imagine either Harris or Woodson will get nicked this year. When that happens, it will be ugly.

Bretsky
10-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Harris is still an average CB; if a playoff team lost a starter he might warrant a #3. Unless the Packers are trying to throw in their season even more a bit early, they need to keep him around untiil adequate replacements have been found.

B

BooHoo
10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Can't see us getting rid of Harris at this stage. It might be possible if someone gave up a 1st or 2nd rounder. Otherwise, Harris is around for awhile.

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Haha, schooling, these guys are hilarious.

But no way to a trade unless TT really wants the #1 pick.

Mad to trade Al Harris is an indication "to reveal" that we are selling out this season.

I weighed in with if he's going to play like a pylon then get all we can for him as long as he "in fact' has value.

The Strange World Of Packerdom:

What is the game? What is the actual expected outcome?

TO win football games or not?

Does keeping faith in Al Harris.

That he will finally play as we hoped he might *change reality*?

* Change the water on the beans.

In my view "the Green Bay Packers" we see now is more like "smoke and mirrors" than a show or commitment to winning in 2006, whenever.

I don't want to wait 7-10 years or longer. I believe in a REAL plan. A blueprint for success. I believe in openness...some +ve consistency not as much -ve as I've seen, and continue to see.

If the youth movement is on and TT trades Al Harris for. . . as BallHawk projects ...a mid Round Draft pick? Then why wouldn't OUR GM Ted Thompson follow up on that, with every effort to get something in return by trading Brett Favre?

Re-building, in the sense of admitting that, as the fact it obviously is. Projects a PLAN is definitely in place, with ALL emphasis focused on just executing moves to support " that PLAN ".

If the PLAN = Re-building...

and some focus is placed on consistency, reflecting that endeavour.

Then I and some other's (Packer fans) would have arrived at a level of respect, or not for Ted Thompson. As fans of the Green Bay Packers we all would be in a position to support "the PLAN" or not.

Ted Thompson has decided we should always be guessing about moves of a personnel nature.

My guess... is that Ted Thompson has adopted that approach. To act as a disguise for " the fact " he either hasn't got the REAL POWER to execute "the Plan" consistently / thouroughly, or he's learning as he goes?

My position always has been.

That we needed a MAN at the helm that demonstrates a conviction one way or the other. Not to adopt a policy that leaves us, as Packer fans so frustrated or otherwise wallowing in a sense of misunderstanding the direction Ted Thompson is headed in.

I have difficulty in deciding.

Am I seeing Ted Thompson's deceit or certain degrees of incompetence?

Neither is satisfactory in my view.

If I hire a contractor to build my house and I want to sell my present home and move to the new house. I expect the contractor to be able /competent to build my new home in a certain time frame. Before I hire that contractor the onus on me to ensure that I am hiring the BEST contractor for a positive outcome. That my Familys new home will be constructed to my specifications of taste and quality by a certain date.

Since Bob Harlan hired the contractor for OUR Team, GM Ted Thompson.

Ted Thompson has done nothing but hold his cards against his chest, or played some hands poorly, other times he's folded (tossed in) or he's over bet other hands and Packer fans only see results that add up to losing.

Bob Harlan hired a contractor that has no regard for my needs of winning or otherwise believing I will win (move into and enjoy my new HOME).

I wouldn't have done it that way. It's frustrating.

What makes any sense... anymore? :?: :?: :?: