PDA

View Full Version : Get (HER) in the game!

MadtownPacker
10-14-2006, 12:34 PM
By FavreChild

Ever wish you had your own “Ms. PackRat” to share game-day with? Or perhaps you yearn for a Sunday without any nagging or eye rolling from the missus, who just doesn’t “get” football and why you have to watch every game?

Whether the women in your life merely like football (but don’t love it) or they are completely clueless about the game – the solution is often simple. These women are just waiting for you...... (http://packerrats.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29)

BallHawk
10-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Even though I don't have a wife, I found that article well-written and enjoyable.

Good job, FC

chewy-bacca
10-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Good job, FC.

I have been doing this for my sister for years and now she is all about it! :cool:

Joemailman
10-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Even though I don't have a wife, I found that article well-written and enjoyable.

Good job, 007.

Wasn't it written by Favrechild? Or is there a joke that I'm missing here?

BallHawk
10-14-2006, 03:16 PM

Good job, 007.

:oops: I got them confused.

KYPack
10-14-2006, 04:15 PM

Good job, 007.

Brace yourself, Ballhawk.

(Get 'em FC!)

CaptainKickass
10-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah - pretty good article FC. You got skills.

Now here's a real challenge for you:

Can you put together an equally compelling diatribe regarding tips, trickery and Tom Foolery to get your wife, sister, girlfriend, grandma, daughter, female dog etc. the hell out of the house and away from you for the duration of the game so you may enjoy it either in peace, or with your football obsessed male friends?

Hmm?

And be a bit more creative than the old suggestion of sending her shopping. Keep my budget in mind and also please be gearded toward household harmony.

Whatchoo got?

:mrgreen: :D

packinpatland
10-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Think this works in reverse? I'm the football-olic in this house. I go into serious withdrawal in the offseason.
The rest of the family thinks I am :crazy:

MadtownPacker
10-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Think this works in reverse? I'm the football-olic in this house. I go into serious withdrawal in the offseason.
The rest of the family thinks I am :crazy:If you convince your husband to watch the NFL for Tom Brady you have bigger problems then that! :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
10-14-2006, 05:14 PM

(Get 'em FC!)

You know something I don't KYP? :shock:

Great article FC! :D

GBRulz
10-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Great job, FC! Loved the article!!!

However, I am convinced that many people will always think that a gathering at someone's house to watch a Packer game is to socialize. Um, NOT in my house. At least while the game is on!! bitching, swearing and throwing things are fine....but can we save the shopping talk for another day. Speaking of.... I went on a shopping spree down at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee today. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Get anything good, GBR?

FC, you already know how I feel about this article. Nice work. Guys, watch with your daughters on your laps and their husbands will one day thank you (yes, after they've turned 35 which is when you will allow them to date!!).

CKA, If you don't want to spend some cash, then, I'm afraid you may be on your own, but wouldn't it better to have them there cheering, screaming and throwing stuff at the tv with you?

Nice work.

BooHoo
10-14-2006, 07:12 PM
I have never had a problem with watching football. My wife understands and doesn't give me a hard time. I married up!!

KYPack
10-14-2006, 09:19 PM

(Get 'em FC!)

You know something I don't KYP? :shock:

Great article FC! :D

Little shot at Ballhawk.

I wanted FC to give him a little hell for confusing you two.

Nice bit of writing, FC. There are some good ideas in your article

packinpatland
10-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Great job, FC! Loved the article!!!

However, I am convinced that many people will always think that a gathering at someone's house to watch a Packer game is to socialize. Um, NOT in my house. At least while the game is on!! bitching, swearing and throwing things are fine....but can we save the shopping talk for another day. Speaking of.... I went on a shopping spree down at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee today. :mrgreen:

I'm with you GBRulz, there is NO socializing during the game at my house, by daughters know better to call home from college during game time, the neighbors stay away, even the dogs are better behaved!

packinpatland
10-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Should have been 'my' daughters..........

CaptainKickass
10-15-2006, 11:38 AM
CKA, If you don't want to spend some cash, then, I'm afraid you may be on your own, but wouldn't it better to have them there cheering, screaming and throwing stuff at the tv with you?

Zig - Why do you think I want the frickin' article?

You may be the exception, but I don't need a room full of chicks talking about "how dreamy" so and so is, or how "such and such's ass looks real good in those tight football pants" while I'm trying to watch the game - much less spending my time to encourage that type of behavior from the women in my life.

Part of the thing that really bothers me here is the NFL's attempt at "feminizing" football. They've got a huge share of the market, tons of advertising dollars, and a money machine for years and years to come. But what do they want?

"increased female viewership"

Haven't you noticed the tailoring of the "in the booth" guests to be targeted to women? How about this - a frigging commercial for Tampax - DURING THE GAME!!

I'm just waiting for the day that halftime rolls around and I see that commercial where the daughter gets that "not so fresh feeling".

You don't see commercials for anti-itch jock powder on the Oxygen or Lifetime networks now do you?

I'm all for less female viewership as a strategy to get rid of all this crap.

Cheers!

:crazy:

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 11:52 AM
You obviously have missed my rant on the topic of "dreamy" idiots in the booth who wish to discuss things other than the matter at hand, which is the *&%$# GAME!!! As to women talking about how the players look, they will get over that with time and experience. Those discussions do NOT go on in my house during the game or during SB parties. Nor do I suspect they go on at GB's, FC's or any of the EC homes here. (That is what halftime is for--I'm KIDDING, halftime is for food and beverage refreshment so you don't have to hear the idiots in the booth tell you what you already know)

CaptainKickass
10-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Nahh - I saw it - in fact you posted something like "I can't believe it took a female to find this"

Good article btw.

At the risk of being an echoing dual repetitive redundancy - you seem to be the exception, but I need help with those who are not the exception.

Any actual ideas would be appreciated.

:mrgreen: :D