PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman

Tony Oday
03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
I see he is being offered quietly around. Anyone have interest in him here? I would love to see him here I wanted the Pack to draft him when he came out. Bad year last year but cmon almost nobody is great their first year.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Question.

was Losman the QB Sherman was gonna take if he was available when they drafted but Bills got him and Sherm took Walker instead? Or was it Barnett?

MJZiggy
03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I read that today and thought it might be a good idea. We need a backup with some experience and should Brett retire, he and A-Rod could have a qb-off for the starting job.

K-town
03-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Um, guys?
J.P. Losman is being replaced by our (former) third string QB.
Also, if memory serves me correctly, Dallas traded their pick to Buffalo, who then swooped in to grab Losman. We got Ahmad Carroll. So...yech.
Losman split time with the incomparable Kelly Holcomb. If there's anyone else (anyone else not named Joey Heatherton), I'd rather have him/them than Losman.
Just my opninon. I've been wrong before. And frequently.

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't like Losman much. Unfortunately, I think ARod is going to be a similar QB.

oregonpackfan
03-30-2006, 09:48 PM
You never know how a young quarterback who is initially unsuccessful with his first team is going to do with a second team willing to take a chance on him.

Brett Favre struggled with the Atlanta Falcons. How did he fare with the Packers?

Steve Young struggled with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. How did he fare when traded to the San Francisco 49'ers?

Who knows how Losman, or even Harrington, might do with their second teams?

Oregonpackfan

Mr. T
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
The thing about Losman is that he wasn't really given ample opportunity to develop. He was thrown into the fire after one year, and had very average if not below average talent around him.

I wouldn't mind TT giving him one of his trademark no-risk contracts and letting him battle it out during training camp. But I would be aprehensive about anything past that.

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't like Losman much. Unfortunately, I think ARod is going to be a similar QB.
They're nothing alike..Losman has a rocket arm with no accuracy..Rodgers has a decent arm, but his strength is accuracy..

I don't see how they could be similar ?

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Similar in that they will both suck on the NFL level.

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Similar in that they will both suck on the NFL level.
That's harsh..I've heard of "not being sold on Rodgers" and BS like that..But this is takin it to a whole new level..

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
I hope my gut feeling is wrong.
:D

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 10:38 PM
I hope my gut feeling is wrong.
:D
haha Me too Harv. Me too. :D

Guiness
03-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Ya, Losman has a rocket arm for sure. I've seen him wing a few, and they've got some *snap* on them.

But - he had a shake, with a decent organization. Favre and Young were both in clownsville with those two franchises, especially at that time. No one, including two future HOF QB's could be sucessful in those places. Losman had the chance to sit on the bench for a year, learn, then go out and play. That's a decent recipe for success, and he just didn't do it.

Scott Campbell
03-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Losman had the chance to sit on the bench for a year, learn, then go out and play.

I thought he had a season ending injury his first year.

Tony Oday
03-31-2006, 12:55 AM
I think he would be a nice addition. I think you can teach accuracy you cant teach arm strength.

Whoever we start I hope we stick with the guy for atleast 3 years.

RashanGary
03-31-2006, 02:05 AM
Losman is a dud IMO. Rodgers we just dont' know yet. Like BF4 said they are nothing alike. Rodgers is very smart and accurate. Losman is not accurate at all and makes alot of bad decisions. Rodgers has a chance to be a solid QB. I really don't think Losman will be.

Pack0514
03-31-2006, 08:24 AM
I honestly dont think JP has been given a fair shake in Buffalo. It takes a few years for a good college QB to develop into a good NFL QB. He needs time to develop without...

1. being thrown into the fire and expected to be the savior after he 1st or 2nd year and...

2. being able to develop with out having to look over his shoulder at another QB trying to take his job.

Now some might say that other QB will push him to develop but I think thats only the case after being in the league multiple years.

I think ARod is in a very good position right now. He doesnt have to be the guy because Favre is there and he also doesnt have another 1st round QB to compete with. I think if you draft a QB in the first round this year, it will have a negative impact an ARod. I think ARod will than be seen as a mistake by everyone and he will fail. Just my opinion.... I'm not a sports psychologist though.

FavreChild
03-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, I can tell you that Bills fans are overwhelmingly pissed about this news. The front office has sold JP as "the savior" the last few years, and fans DON'T think he's being given a fair shake. Especially with the new "Jauron regime" in charge (HA), they believed JPL was finally gonna get his due.

Now this news comes, and basically they feel like they've been jerked around after investing a lot into the the guy. And you can see why they don't feel Nall/Holcomb will fit the bill (no pun intended) of "the savior."

They've been playing QB roulette for way too many years....something we have a hard time relating to.

:wink: