PDA

View Full Version : Our predicitons of top players in the 2006 Draft!

RashanGary
04-20-2006, 08:39 PM
We cannot take top 15 guys. Lets stick to some tougher picks.

I like:

Richard Marshal *I think he could be the best CB in this draft*
Cedric Griffin *I agree with Tank that this guy is under-rated*
Haloti Ngata *IMO one of the top 5 most talented players in this draft. I know I said refrain from the top 15 but this guy is under-rated at 10 IMO.*

LEWCWA
04-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I believe Reggie Mcneil is very underrated in this draft. I believe this kid may be better than Vince Young. Just as Athletic, and bit more polished as a thrower!

HarveyWallbangers
04-20-2006, 11:17 PM
QB Reggie McNeal, WR Brandon Marshall, OT Chris Kuper, OC Greg Eslinger, LB James Anderson, CB David Pittman, S Daniel Bullocks

Deputy Nutz
04-20-2006, 11:18 PM
QB, Tarvaris Jackson from Alabama St, Prediction - 4th round

RB, Gerald Riggs Jr from Tennessee, Prediction - 5th round

WR, Todd Watkins from BYU, Prediction - 6th round

TE, David Thomas from Texas, Prediction - 3rd round/4th round

OT, Zach Strief from Northwestern, Prediction - 5th round

OG, Rob Simms from Ohio St, Prediction - 4th round

C, Chris Chester from Oklahoma, prediction - 6th round

DE, James Wyche from Syracuse, Prediction - 6th round

DT, Titus Adams from Nebraska, Prediction - 5th round/6th round

OLB, Clint Ingram from Oklahoma, Prediction - 6th round

ILB, Anthony Schlegel from Ohio St, Prediction - 5th round

CB, Will Blackmon from Boston College, Prediction - 4th round

Anti-Polar Bear
04-20-2006, 11:23 PM
The LB Carpenter from OSU; a Hawk clone; might be better.

Marcus Vick; off feild issues aside, Vick could be the next Kordell Stewert..only better.

Jonathan Orr: this guy is bigger and just as fast as Brandon Williams. Could be a steal.

Of course, Cedric Griffen

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 12:54 AM
The LB Carpenter from OSU; a Hawk clone; might be better.

Marcus Vick; off feild issues aside, Vick could be the next Kordell Stewert..only better.

Jonathan Orr: this guy is bigger and just as fast as Brandon Williams. Could be a steal.

Of course, Cedric Griffen

Tank,

I've read some details about Carpenter; unlike Hawk from what I read the guy seems like a head case. Teammated didn't necessarily get along with him at all and not a good chemistry guy. Can't remember where I read that, but it sounded like personality wise he was the anti Hawk.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Tank,

I've read some details about Carpenter; unlike Hawk from what I read the guy seems like a head case. Teammated didn't necessarily get along with him at all and not a good chemistry guy. Can't remember where I read that, but it sounded like personality wise he was the anti Hawk.

Bretsky, according to a USA Today article I was reading yesterday, Carpenter supposedly is as much of a leader as Hawk. They are friends, roommates, workout buddies, play similarly and stuff like that. Only difference is Carpenter is projected as a Sam in the NFL and Hawk a Will. I think Carpenter is underrated, and Hawk overrated. Carpenter may turn to be the better player, imo.

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Damn nutz,

Thats a hell of a list.

On a side note; did you guys notice how high scouts have Donte Whitner rated? Everyone is calling him a 15-20 pick. That sure makes you feel like getting Nick Collins was highway robbery doesn't it...

Donte Whitner *stats found at NFL.com. All info is taken from the combine*
Height: 5'10-1/8"
Weight: 204
40 yd dash: 4.45 *average*
Vertical jump: 40 inches
Broad jump: 11 feet
Short Shuttle: 4.12
3 cone drill: 6.79
225 lifts: 18

Nick Collins *NFL.com. Taken from the Combine*
Height: 5'11-1/8"
Weight: 206
40 yd dash: 4.37
Broad jump: 9'10"
Short shuttle: 4.16
3 cone drill: 6.94
225 lifts: 11

Collins -vs- Whitner

Collins has better Height, Weight and 40 yd dash.
Both players are equal in the Vertical Jump
Whitner has a better Broad jump, short shuttle, 3 cone and bench reps

Another thing about Collins -vs- Whitner is that Whitner probably had better trainers and was more prepared for his combine. Collins was from a small school and probably didn't have the recources that Whitner has. Either way they are both about equal prospects. Collins has much better speed where as Whitner had a much better broad jump. The rest of the stats were pretty much equal with a slight edge going either way. I think GB getting Nick Collins with the 51st pick was an absolute steal. Had he played at OSU he would have been a top 16-20 pick. Lets hope Thompson can work that same magic this time around.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Collins would probably be a 1st round pick if the draft was held again now.

Bretsky, I'm an Ohio State guy and I've never read that Carpenter was a headcase. I'd be interested to see the article you read.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 07:45 AM

Bretsky, I'm an Ohio State guy and I've never read that Carpenter was a headcase. I'd be interested to see the article you read.

I'll try to find it tonight; you have to get off the love for the Gopher. You are setting yourself up for disappointement when GB drafts some guy who played one year of college over him.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Buckeye--not Gopher, ass munch.

MadtownPacker
04-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Richard Marshal *I think he could be the best CB in this draft*

Interesting choice. Fresno State guy so I saw quite a bit of him. Very good hands and eyes. Plays the ball very well and can take it to the house when he gets it. He's a playmaker with good size. I wasnt too surprised when his name came up as a first round prospect.

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 12:28 PM
I like CB's with good instincts and good ball skills first. After that I want size, short area burst, fluidity and speed. This guy has it all. Some other guys might run a lilttle faster but this kid looks like the one who has everything. He's a 4.42 guy not a 4.36 guy so hopefully he gets overlooked a little. 4.42 is more than enough speed though and I think this guy can be the real deal.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah but u could say that about any player who was taken and turned out to be amazing... Favre Brady, Priest holmes.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I think Willie Reid from FSU is underated.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Damn nutz,

Thats a hell of a list.

On a side note; did you guys notice how high scouts have Donte Whitner rated? Everyone is calling him a 15-20 pick. That sure makes you feel like getting Nick Collins was highway robbery doesn't it...

Donte Whitner *stats found at NFL.com. All info is taken from the combine*
Height: 5'10-1/8"
Weight: 204
40 yd dash: 4.45 *average*
Broad jump: 11 feet
Short Shuttle: 4.12
3 cone drill: 6.79
225 lifts: 18

Nick Collins *NFL.com. Taken from the Combine*
Height: 5'11-1/8"
Weight: 206
40 yd dash: 4.37
Broad jump: 9'10"
Short shuttle: 4.16
3 cone drill: 6.94
225 lifts: 11

Collins -vs- Whitner

Collins has better Height, Weight and 40 yd dash.
Both players are equal in the Vertical Jump
Whitner has a better Broad jump, short shuttle, 3 cone and bench reps

Another thing about Collins -vs- Whitner is that Whitner probably had better trainers and was more prepared for his combine. Collins was from a small school and probably didn't have the recources that Whitner has. Either way they are both about equal prospects. Collins has much better speed where as Whitner had a much better broad jump. The rest of the stats were pretty much equal with a slight edge going either way. I think GB getting Nick Collins with the 51st pick was an absolute steal. Had he played at OSU he would have been a top 16-20 pick. Lets hope Thompson can work that same magic this time around.

Not neccesarily. There are a few things to remember. Donte played good at Ohio State. A verry good school. Collins played at bethune-cookman (D II)? so there are a few things to look at how they played in college. Also Stats dont always mean everything.

Partial
04-21-2006, 03:23 PM
:lol: at the notion Carpenter will be a better pro then Hawk. Personally, I would have no objection whatsoever to bringing in the ENTIRE OSU starting LB core.

It is very possible you could get it with a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. Use 3rd and 4th on the OL. How would that look?

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 03:45 PM
I think Carpenter is overrated. He's a solid second round pick but I can't see him going in the first round. He's just too stiff and was benefited by playing next to college footballs #1 LB.

Carpenter cannot play traditional LB and he's not a good enough pass rusher to be considered a #1 pick. I'd take 1 Manny Lawson or Kamerion Wimbley over 2 Bobby Carpenters.

With that being said; Capenter has a place in the league. He could play MLB on a team who asks him to eat up blockers like Jeremia Trotter. He could be a teams 2nd or 3rd best OLB in a 4-3 scheme. He'll be a hell of a special teams player because he just has to run strait. In his prime he'll probably start for 3-5 years. He's a good player but not one I would take in the 1st round or early second for that matter.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Carpenter cannot play traditional LB and he's not a good enough pass rusher to be considered a #1 pick. I'd take 1 Manny Lawson and Kamerion Wimbley over 2 Bobby Carpenters.

In his prime he'll probably start for 3-5 years. .

See this is the thing. How do u know this. This is like my point of tom brady or Favre. For all we know, carpenter could be the next Ray lewis. Probaly not likely but it could happen.

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 04:55 PM
He just doesn't look like a football player to me. He's too stiff to change direction and not explosive enough to rush the passer. He's not really good at anything. We don't *know* anything but in my opinion he is way.....overrated.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Buckeye--not Gopher, ass munch.

I was discussing that diry Gopher Elslinger you show all the love to Beavis.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
NickCollins,

You seem to jump on th bandwagon of the "hottest" player. I'll make a prediction. I predict that out of Manny Lawson and Kamerion Wimbley, one of them turns into a big-time bust. I'll also predict that Bobby Carpenter turns into a solid starter. Not a stud, but solid. In the mold of some of those New England LBs.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 08:46 PM
NickCollins,

You seem to jump on th bandwagon of the "hottest" player. I'll make a prediction. I predict that out of Manny Lawson and Kamerion Wimbley, one of them turns into a big-time bust. I'll also predict that Bobby Carpenter turns into a solid starter. Not a stud, but solid. In the mold of some of those New England LBs.

I agree. I happen to like carpenter alot. I think lawson will be the bust out of all of them Wimbley i think would fit Perfect in the NE Scheme