PDA

View Full Version : Draft: Adrian Peterson out for remainder of season

Fosco33
10-14-2006, 03:20 PM
He broke his collarbone late in the 4th Q diving in for a TD. He may be back for a bowl game but not likely until the NFL...

Too bad - especially after ESPN tore his father up repeatedly for being in jail for the last part of the decade - watching his first game.

hurleyfan
10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow!

Draft status will probably slip a few spots!

BallHawk
10-14-2006, 04:21 PM
And it was when the game was pretty much over, too. Ouch.

gbpackfan
10-14-2006, 05:05 PM
The man will be injured through out his career. I don't think the Pack should draft him. Injuries are ALWAYS a problem with him.

ND72
10-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't think he'll come out early anymore...just a hunch i have, but who knows. he has been banged up, so now might be better for him.

Bretsky
10-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't think he'll come out early anymore...just a hunch i have, but who knows. he has been banged up, so now might be better for him.

I think you are right ND; my first thought was it wouldn't surprise me if he drops to the 6-10 range where I figure we'll pick in. But this is the type of thing that pushes value down and I can definitely see him playing his senior year now.

Brando19
10-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Calvin Johnson here we come!

Holofamer
10-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Please think about this for a second (just one :smile: ). If he gets injured next year in college, his stock is gonna plummit. His stock is still pretty high for this year (top 10), I'm SURE he'll come out unless he lost some brains in these injuries as well.

Holofamer
10-15-2006, 12:47 AM
With that said, I would still be excited if we picked Lynch over Peterson (even before his injury). Looking at both backs...Peterson has a slight edge in pure RB skills, Lynch has the best receiving skills (by far) in the country at his position, Lynch also has the X factor (and probably the most important stat), durability. In essence, Lynch is a combo of Peterson and Bush.

In the style of offense GB now runs, Lynch is a great fit. Either back would be nice, but the offense fits Lynch better. Maybe Peterson proves me wrong and stays healthy while filling the role perfectly (which he has the skill to do), but why not take the more "sure" pick, like we did with AJ last year?

CyclonePackFan
10-15-2006, 02:22 AM

I think you are right ND; my first thought was it wouldn't surprise me if he drops to the 6-10 range where I figure we'll pick in. But this is the type of thing that pushes value down and I can definitely see him playing his senior year now.

I don't know...as I was driving back from the game most of the OU recap shows were pretty sure that this was "Peterson's last game at Oklahoma" He's slated to possibly return for a bowl game, if he performs well there, I can still see him coming out.

digitaldean
10-15-2006, 02:41 PM

I don't know...as I was driving back from the game most of the OU recap shows were pretty sure that this was "Peterson's last game at Oklahoma" He's slated to possibly return for a bowl game, if he performs well there, I can still see him coming out.

ESPN interviewed the OU off. coordinator. They went into this season as if it was Peterson's last season.

He runs with such power and made a ton of ISU players leave their jocks on the field.

What other injuries has he had throughout his career?

Holofamer
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Shoulder and ankle I believe.

Fosco33
10-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Now AP says he may be back in 4-6 weeks. Is he superhuman or something?

Why risk it? :crazy: He won't win the Heisman and has already proven his 'durability' is highly suspect. Just get drafted by some sucker in top 10/15 and get your guaranteed money. After 3 or 4 years of mediocre years filled with injuries, take that money and start a dif't career.

b bulldog
10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
mY BET IS THAT HE WILL DECLARE FOR THE DRAFT

Partial
10-19-2006, 12:23 AM
mY BET IS THAT HE WILL DECLARE FOR THE DRAFT

Yep, cause as Fosco said someone is still gonna take a flyer on him. If he gets hurt again next year, maybe not. He's done in college after this year. Leinart would have been too if his parents were rich already.

Guiness
10-19-2006, 01:07 AM
He'll still come out - top 10 pick (which he will be) isn't exactly chopped liver.

I don't like him because his running style reminds me of Davenport - very upright. I think his career will last exactly until Urlacher or some other MLB (Hodge?) draw a bead on him and blow him up on a draw play.

Partial - who's parents are rich? Leinhart or Peterson? I would guess Leinhart 'cause he didn't take the money and run, but stuck around an 'extra' year.

swede
10-19-2006, 12:11 PM
I saw Leinert with his mom. She is a flat out babe. She looked about 30 in the glance I got. Usually it takes money to look that good at 45.

Fritz
10-19-2006, 12:15 PM
So if I google "Matt Leinert's mom" will I get pics?

CyclonePackFan
10-19-2006, 12:42 PM
He'll still come out - top 10 pick (which he will be) isn't exactly chopped liver.

I don't like him because his running style reminds me of Davenport - very upright. I think his career will last exactly until Urlacher or some other MLB (Hodge?) draw a bead on him and blow him up on a draw play.

No way. Peterson's a LOT faster than he looks. I think a comparison to Davenport is unfair. Give Najeh Davenport the speed of Ahman Green, take way the pooping in the closet factor, and you've got a good comparison. I was amazed at how quick he was last weekend for such a big guy.

I think the telling thing about Peterson is that two years ago, USC prepared for Peterson in the Orange Bowl by using both Reggie Bush and LenDale White. They used Bush for the 'speed' aspect and White for the 'power' aspect. I went back and looked up some of the USC defense pre-game quotes on Peterson...Lofa Tutupu compared him to a combination of J.J. Arrington and Cadillac Williams. I think if he can stay healthy, Peterson will be a hell of an RB...IF he can stay healthy.

Guiness
10-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I realize that Peterson is a much better prospect than Davenport ever was, I was refering solely to his running style - up right.

I lean forward more than that when I'm eating spaghetti!

CyclonePackFan
10-20-2006, 02:04 AM
I realize that Peterson is a much better prospect than Davenport ever was, I was refering solely to his running style - up right.

I lean forward more than that when I'm eating spaghetti!

Gotcha, and lol